Road Comet Installed

RandyB

where does one find a tall windscreen for a Road Comet 2. Samurider? I think that might help my situation a tad - redirect the wind/noise. Buffeting isnt an issue but the wind noise is . I like the look.

thanks
 
el duque_imp said:
RandyB

where does one find a tall windscreen for a Road Comet 2. Samurider? I think that might help my situation a tad - redirect the wind/noise. Buffeting isnt an issue but the wind noise is . I like the look.

thanks
That is where I bought mine, but I don't think they are making them any more.
 
Townie_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
Yep, Spencer Blue. Photo below is a couple years old, and since then a Staintune and gaiters have been added. Lighting in the pic below isn't great, I'll try to take a better one this weekend.

You should get the RC2, because some day you might not be able to for this bike.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
Yep, Spencer Blue. Photo below is a couple years old, and since then a Staintune and gaiters have been added. Lighting in the pic below isn't great, I'll try to take a better one this weekend.

You should get the RC2, because some day you might not be able to for this bike.
That looks really good and that is a good point about future availability.

Thanks for the pic, you have put me one step closer to a RC2.
 
Randy B_imp said:
el duque_imp said:
RandyB

where does one find a tall windscreen for a Road Comet 2. Samurider? I think that might help my situation a tad - redirect the wind/noise. Buffeting isnt an issue but the wind noise is . I like the look.

thanks
That is where I bought mine, but I don't think they are making them any more.
That is where I bought mine, but I don't think they are making them any more.
I was considering the Road Comet a while back, and emailed Mr. T at Samurider about the tall screen. His reply email said that the tall screen was discontinued, not made anymore, and did not think there was any left over stock anywhere.
 
2017EX_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
el duque_imp said:
RandyB

where does one find a tall windscreen for a Road Comet 2. Samurider? I think that might help my situation a tad - redirect the wind/noise. Buffeting isnt an issue but the wind noise is . I like the look.

thanks
That is where I bought mine, but I don't think they are making them any more.
That is where I bought mine, but I don't think they are making them any more.
I was considering the Road Comet a while back, and emailed Mr. T at Samurider about the tall screen. His reply email said that the tall screen was discontinued, not made anymore, and did not think there was any left over stock anywhere.
I was considering the Road Comet a while back, and emailed Mr. T at Samurider about the tall screen. His reply email said that the tall screen was discontinued, not made anymore, and did not think there was any left over stock anywhere. I bought mine in 2014. I also have a spare tall screen because I have spider cracks around some of the screws and I wanted a backup in case they migrated through the plastic. At this time they haven't, but I really haven't been riding all that much.
 
Townie_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
Yep, Spencer Blue. Photo below is a couple years old, and since then a Staintune and gaiters have been added. Lighting in the pic below isn't great, I'll try to take a better one this weekend.

You should get the RC2, because some day you might not be able to for this bike.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
Yep, Spencer Blue. Photo below is a couple years old, and since then a Staintune and gaiters have been added. Lighting in the pic below isn't great, I'll try to take a better one this weekend.

You should get the RC2, because some day you might not be able to for this bike.
I really like that backrest.
 
buckwheat_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Townie_imp said:
klink49_imp said:
What an awesome look. I’m definitely getting one for my ‘14 std. Is there any change in the airflow as you ride?
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
Yep, Spencer Blue. Photo below is a couple years old, and since then a Staintune and gaiters have been added. Lighting in the pic below isn't great, I'll try to take a better one this weekend.

You should get the RC2, because some day you might not be able to for this bike.
I have an RC2 on my '14, and at 5'10" I think I'm the perfect wrong height for this screen. The wind blast off the screen seems to hit me just below the helmet, at the perfect wrong place. Quite a noisy racket, even with a snug fitting Shoei GT Air. My ride is much quieter without the RC2, but the RC2 looks so cool that I leave it on :P.
Is your RC2 colour matched to the Spencer Blue?

I would love to see a picture of that if possible. I'm on the fence right now about a RC2.
Yep, Spencer Blue. Photo below is a couple years old, and since then a Staintune and gaiters have been added. Lighting in the pic below isn't great, I'll try to take a better one this weekend.

You should get the RC2, because some day you might not be able to for this bike.
I really like that backrest.
It works quite well, and is quite inexpensive, but it's not a simple bolt-on. The brackets require modification. Here's a thread on the topic:
Sissy bar and rack.
 
Back
Top