road comet fairing

Have you had a chance to use it much? How is it on the highway and how tall are you? I know I'll need some wind protection, just not sure what to get. I'd prefer something like this that, in my eye, fits the lines of the bike. On my X-country, I had a similar size screen (maybe even shorter) and found it to be perfectly acceptable so this option interests me assuming it is effective.
 
Thread starter
oldgoat01_imp said:
Have you had a chance to use it much? How is it on the highway and how tall are you? I know I'll need some wind protection, just not sure what to get. I'd prefer something like this that, in my eye, fits the lines of the bike. On my X-country, I had a similar size screen (maybe even shorter) and found it to be perfectly acceptable so this option interests me assuming it is effective.
the fairing breaks the wind up to about my shoulders, my head is in a steady non buffeting wind stream. I also have the touring aeroscreen for this fairing that I am going to try. I will report back with results. I stand 5'8"
Paul:)
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
oldgoat01_imp said:
Have you had a chance to use it much? How is it on the highway and how tall are you? I know I'll need some wind protection, just not sure what to get. I'd prefer something like this that, in my eye, fits the lines of the bike. On my X-country, I had a similar size screen (maybe even shorter) and found it to be perfectly acceptable so this option interests me assuming it is effective.
the fairing breaks the wind up to about my shoulders, my head is in a steady non buffeting wind stream. I also have the touring aeroscreen for this fairing that I am going to try. I will report back with results. I stand 5'8"
Paul:)
the fairing breaks the wind up to about my shoulders, my head is in a steady non buffeting wind stream. I also have the touring aeroscreen for this fairing that I am going to try. I will report back with results. I stand 5'8"
Paul:) Thanks. I'll be curious to see pics and hear about the touring screen
 
Thread starter
touring screen for road comet fairing,screen height is 9 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key.standard screen height is 7 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key. wind is pretty calm at the chest area, slight buffet at the helmet, the fairing body moves around a bit due to the air force at the upper screen lip. this screen material is 3mm thick, standard screen material is 2mm thick. performance seems o.k.
Paul:)
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
touring screen for road comet fairing,screen height is 9 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key.standard screen height is 7 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key. wind is pretty calm at the chest area, slight buffet at the helmet, the fairing body moves around a bit due to the air force at the upper screen lip. this screen material is 3mm thick, standard screen material is 2mm thick. performance seems o.k.
Paul:)
Your choices look great on the bike. Thanks for sharing your experience. Curious what your choice would be if you could only have one of the three options you've shown?

Thanks

Kevin
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
touring screen for road comet fairing,screen height is 9 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key.standard screen height is 7 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key. wind is pretty calm at the chest area, slight buffet at the helmet, the fairing body moves around a bit due to the air force at the upper screen lip. this screen material is 3mm thick, standard screen material is 2mm thick. performance seems o.k.
Paul:)
Hmm thanks at 6' I wonder how much air would hit my helmet? I simply prefer the look of these shorter options. Always trade-offs. Did you get the larger screen at the same site or are there more local options? Thanks
 
Thread starter
oldgoat01_imp said:
vfrpaul98_imp said:
touring screen for road comet fairing,screen height is 9 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key.standard screen height is 7 3/4" straight up from your installed ignition key. wind is pretty calm at the chest area, slight buffet at the helmet, the fairing body moves around a bit due to the air force at the upper screen lip. this screen material is 3mm thick, standard screen material is 2mm thick. performance seems o.k.
Paul:)
Hmm thanks at 6' I wonder how much air would hit my helmet? I simply prefer the look of these shorter options. Always trade-offs. Did you get the larger screen at the same site or are there more local options? Thanks
Hmm thanks at 6' I wonder how much air would hit my helmet? I simply prefer the look of these shorter options. Always trade-offs. Did you get the larger screen at the same site or are there more local options? Thanks Webike: Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Gears, OEM parts & Reviews
Paul:)
 
Thread starter
thumper_imp said:
Paul--are you in the US? I see your CB has the small turn indicators.
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html full links to signals

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...STALK-II-TURN-SIGNAL-AMBER-DUAL-FILAMENT.html
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/LP-USA-TURN-SIGNAL-CONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
Paul:)
 
Well I've ordered the road comet in silver. I'll post pics. I really liked the Mugen CB1100 with the silver side panels and fairing with the red tankl.
 
Lambotte_imp said:
Lambotte_imp said:
Well I've ordered the road comet in silver. I'll post pics. I really liked the Mugen CB1100 with the silver side panels and fairing with the red tankl.
And it looks GREAT! Congrats :)
 
Lambotte_imp said:
Lambotte_imp said:
Well I've ordered the road comet in silver. I'll post pics. I really liked the Mugen CB1100 with the silver side panels and fairing with the red tankl.
The silver looks great! I copied off of Paul and bought the red faring. I also ordered the taller wind screen; works great no buffeting.
 
vfrpaul98_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Paul--are you in the US? I see your CB has the small turn indicators.
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html full links to signals

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...STALK-II-TURN-SIGNAL-AMBER-DUAL-FILAMENT.html
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/LP-USA-TURN-SIGNAL-CONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
Paul:)
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
vfrpaul98_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
Paul--are you in the US? I see your CB has the small turn indicators.
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html full links to signals

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...STALK-II-TURN-SIGNAL-AMBER-DUAL-FILAMENT.html
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/LP-USA-TURN-SIGNAL-CONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
Paul:)
Georgia USA. yes I changed out the turn signals. I dislike large signals and all the tiny go-show led's are a waste and unsafe. so if the law says we gotta have them I prefer the Japan style and size for my ride, plus these look more traditional.slight mount rethread at the front and they install with just a stainless flat washer to mount against. the rears mount with stainless flat washers and wire harness adapter. fronts are running and signal bulbs, rears are signal bulbs only.no extral ledstuff needed because they are still bulbs.
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...ONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html full links to signals

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/...STALK-II-TURN-SIGNAL-AMBER-DUAL-FILAMENT.html
http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/LP-USA-TURN-SIGNAL-CONNECTORS-HONDA-KAWASAKI-SINGLE-FILAMENT.html
Paul:)
Paul............did you use exactly the same turn signal units for both the front and rear? Also, do I see 3 wires in the aftermarket units, as compared to 2 wires in the factory ones?
I didn't know they made plug-in wiring connector / adaptors!! Great!

Thanks for your help!
 
Back
Top