RLET?s? How do you get them on?

Olof_imp said:
I use just water as lubricant, and rubber gloves to get a good grip on the RLET. I've mounted four sets that way, seldom needs more than half a minute. Let sit overnight to dry out.
You should post a "How To Handle RLET" video here. :)

Shame all other RLET rituals. :D

Begin a new generation of "RLET Whisperers". :thumbsup:
 
Hummm, weak with the force some Padawans are.
 
1. Half an hour in warm water
2. Long nosed pliers to stretch the hole outwards before trying to fit
3. A squirt of silicon wd40, let the excess run out
4. Stretch carefully and slip in the lever ball end

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Partzilla has them. Part #95010-16001, there is one per package so make sure you order 2.
Thank you

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Great success!!

So I basically used and highly recommend the zip tie method for installing RLET's. Took about 5 minutes total.

I followed the method used in this video, exactly. Right down to making sure the music from the video was playing while I installed them (this step may be critical, not sure though as I didn't test without).




Additionally I put on the kettle and heated some water to about 175°f/80°c to put the RLET's in just to warm them up and make them a bit more slippery and pliable.

Then I used 4 zip ties and just pulled the RLET on by pulling on the two side of ties. I also used this method to put Grip Puppies on my bars after trying unsuccessfully to install them using water and soapy water.
 
No longer a Padawan Whoops is!!
 
:angel: and another angel gets their wings
 
Rumor has it they were originally designed after a Honda engineer scratched his car with a lever end.

We use them because they are traditional on ( early ) Hondas, particularly CB's.

Plus they have magical powers, increase gas mileage and horsepower and other powers
 
The ferret_imp said:
Rumor has it they were originally designed after a Honda engineer scratched his car with a lever end.

We use them because they are traditional on ( early ) Hondas, particularly CB's.

Plus they have magical powers, increase gas mileage and horsepower and other powers
I've heard that elsewhere and here...and am a witness to their effectiveness... tight garage space, trying to back mc out of garage, you're looking back, you forget about the levers... lever rubs against car door... RUB being the key word. W/out, you get a scratched car door.
 
pdedse_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Rumor has it they were originally designed after a Honda engineer scratched his car with a lever end.

We use them because they are traditional on ( early ) Hondas, particularly CB's.

Plus they have magical powers, increase gas mileage and horsepower and other powers
I've heard that elsewhere and here...and am a witness to their effectiveness... tight garage space, trying to back mc out of garage, you're looking back, you forget about the levers... lever rubs against car door... RUB being the key word. W/out, you get a scratched car door.
I've heard that elsewhere and here...and am a witness to their effectiveness... tight garage space, trying to back mc out of garage, you're looking back, you forget about the levers... lever rubs against car door... RUB being the key word. W/out, you get a scratched car door.
I will testify to that. Before CB1100, I marred a few car doors with naked lever ends. Fortunately with a little decent polish, the "paint burn" was worked out - but just.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Incredibly, RLET engineering was perfected over 50 years ago. The design has been the same since.
hard to improve on simple perfection ;)
 
Back
Top