Revzilla hack

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Heads up if you've purchased from Revzilla in the past -- some yahoo just fraudulently charged $1600 at Revzilla to my credit card. I'm guessing Revzilla has been hacked. Please keep an eye on your credit card for anything suspicious and immediately report it to your credit card company if you do.
 
Great..I just bought some tires/tubes for my brother from Revzilla last week,plus I have purchased quite a bit in the past. Thanks for the heads up LR

Did they charge the $1600 at Revzilla? How do you know it was Revzilla that was hacked?
 
Funny you should mention that as I was hit with a $1,600.00 charge too on my credit card.
I always get a paper statement from Mastercard and noticed it right away and took immediate action.
 
Thread starter
I receive email notifications from my credit card bank each time a "card not present" transaction is processed against my card. It shows the merchant name, dollar amount, and transaction date/time.

Ferret, I don't know that it was Revzilla that was hacked, but since I make online purchases with them, that's what I've concluded. Otherwise, it'd be too coincidental to believe my card was randomly used at a vendor that I frequent (and nowhere else).
 
Rocky..do you also purchase from Revzilla?

I just called Revzilla, they said to the best of their knowledge they have not been hacked and on their end they only see the last 4 digits of your credit information.
The girl I talked to Lauren, suggested that LR give them a call.

I also just checked my latest cc statement which came in yesterday, and my tire purchase from Revzilla was on there, but no other purchases of $1600

a follow up question to LR and Rocky...where was the $1600 purchases supposedly made? lets see if they were made to the same place.
 
Thread starter
In addition to the fraudulent charge on my credit card, today I received an email from UPS welcoming me to their My Choice Membership program, and another email from Revzilla welcoming me as a new customer.

I've never joined UPS for anything and I've been a loyal Revzilla customer for years, so something is definitely amiss.
 
so the $1600 was charged at Revzilla?
 
Crap. Yeah, that card days are over.

I once went to dim sum (in the Toronto region), ate, handed my credit card over, they disappeared for a moment, got it back with the machine, paid, and thought nothing more.

A month later I had nice round $100 and $200 U.S. charges from some unvisited southern states and all to "car washes".

= = =

The credit card company investigation traced the fraud back to the restaurant.

Keep control of credit card at all times.
 
We had once had about $1800 on our credit card for Starbucks gift cards in CA . We do not even like Starbucks coffee and Discover took care of everything . ( we like Folgers !)
 
Thread starter
The perpitrator created the UPS account so he could obtain the tracking numbers and redirect the delivery to another location. I've asked Revzilla to contact UPS so the packages can be intercepted and returned. I've also requested UPS to cancel the account, but they suggested it could take up to a week.

The guy bought $1600 worth of riding boots, socks, pants, and shirts, none of which are my size.
 
I get that this is sh*tty and a PITA to deal with as is any other situation where your card/acct info is compromised and lands in the wrong hands...
but do you all realize that you are NEVER held liable for fraudulent transactions in a Reg E claim?

I worked for 2 major U.S banks and had to deal with situations like this day in and day out, and I can tell you that this is the absolute most common thing out there lol really no need to get so worked up and loose sleep over this. Card gets cancelled and you're issued another new set of 16 digits and hope those last you longer than the previous one...life goes on

Now if you had to pay for this out of pocket then yes, that would be a nightmare worth throwing a fit over
 
Just catching up.

No, I have never purchased anything from Revzilla.

The charges were with something called Brake Specialists.

I'm in the process of disclaiming the charges and only paying what I actually owe this month.
 
Back
Top