relocate or remove horns

There is a kit I have seen I think on webike that moves them to the engine. Seems to me to be a worse location. Than original.

I'll be interested to hear if others have moved the horns also.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I like them where they are, facing the person I want to hear them
 
With the amount of stupidity inherent in too many of the drivers out here I'm more than willing to leave them exactly where they are so they can hear me blaring at them when they try and kill me.
 
These are some of the loudest stock horns I have come across. Now I would still like something louder for sure. As far as I'm concerned you can't have too loud of a horn on a bike.

 
Thread starter
I'm all for loud horns, I just think they are ugly where they are placed. I also think by the time anyone hears our horn on a motorcycle, it's way too late.
 
The eyeballs are hand painted. Remove horns, place a quarter or something similar in size in position, spray paint white. When dry paint in some red veins. Its fun to watch when folks are giving your bike a walk around and then they see the "eyes".
 
The ferret_imp said:
I like them where they are, facing the person I want to hear them
And they actually work. A cager started moving into my lane just the other day. I had time to give her a couple beeps before I'd have to take evasive action, so I did. She actually looked in her mirror and saw me!
 
Thought I'd breath some life back into Greg's thread here...

I'm thinking of trying to move the stock CB1100 horns above the oil cooler; i.e. behind the forks, like the original CB750.

This would be purely for aesthetic reasons, to be more true to the CB750.

Anyone tried this yet?

TINK
Something like this:


Thanks howlindaug for the photoshop pic.
Anyone good with photoshop?

Before:
1b9a3cb3368a6cef7110d1ca9458937b.jpg
 
TINK_imp said:
Thought I'd breath some life back into Greg's thread here...

I'm thinking of trying to move the stock CB1100 horns above the oil cooler; i.e. behind the forks, like the original CB750.

This would be purely for aesthetic reasons, to be more true to the CB750.

Anyone tried this yet?

TINK
Something like this:


Thanks howlindaug for the photoshop pic.
Anyone good with photoshop?

Before:
1b9a3cb3368a6cef7110d1ca9458937b.jpg
Did you do this move? I would like to move horns because would like to mount roll bag where the horns stick out.
 
bflint_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
Thought I'd breath some life back into Greg's thread here...

I'm thinking of trying to move the stock CB1100 horns above the oil cooler; i.e. behind the forks, like the original CB750.

This would be purely for aesthetic reasons, to be more true to the CB750.

Anyone tried this yet?

TINK
Something like this:


Thanks howlindaug for the photoshop pic.
Anyone good with photoshop?

Before:
1b9a3cb3368a6cef7110d1ca9458937b.jpg
Did you do this move? I would like to move horns because would like to mount roll bag where the horns stick out.
Did you do this move? I would like to move horns because would like to mount roll bag where the horns stick out.
How about hanging it from the horn mount underneath the horns. Is there room there?
 
I bought some Hella clones off of aliexpress. Had to make some mount extenders because they are much bigger than stock, then I had to bend them a bit so the fork protectors on the fork brace wouldn't hit them. Painted them black so they didn't look so bold. They are very loud.
They are tucked in under the fairing, if you stand back 100 yards and squint you kinda see them. :D
 
Back
Top