Reliability

Desert viper_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I'm on my 9th? 10th? BMW and have had zero issues with mine, but I keep them maintained. Actually, the same goes for every other bike I've owned. That said, there are a few I wouldn't want to own again.
Well I’m on my first, a 2016 R1200R....I love this bike! But I also can’t imagine not owning my 2014 Deluxe or my 2006 Ducati S2R1000 Monster.....the only bike I regret selling, my 1979 CBX...
Well I’m on my first, a 2016 R1200R....I love this bike! But I also can’t imagine not owning my 2014 Deluxe or my 2006 Ducati S2R1000 Monster.....the only bike I regret selling, my 1979 CBX... also had your bike with ABS , loved the bike but my wife sliding down the seat and killing the boys every time i stopped meant it had to go. my old 900 was reliable but poor charging system
 
had same problem with the charging system on my 94 R100R. Bike needed to be ridden often and far, or it would eat through batteries. also glad that carbs are in my past..
 
Yep! Carbs, points and condensers, tubes, petcocks, clutch cables, bias-ply tires, drum brakes... Very glad modern bikes have moved away from most of that stuff!
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Yep! Carbs, points and condensers, tubes, petcocks, clutch cables, bias-ply tires, drum brakes... Very glad modern bikes have moved away from most of that stuff!
AMEN!
 
My brand new BMW K100 ridden 3-5 miles to work each day would not keep the battery up by the end of the week!
This was suppose to be BMWs "New High Tech " bike!?
I had a lot of bike before this but had waited years to buy my first BMW.
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Pfft. I love carbs!
I hate carbs. Bad enough to maintain on my single cyl dirtbikes-

I bought a ZRX1200 in 2012, rode it home from the seller on the highway, no problem. Took it out for the next ride and a few miles in- it spit, sputtered and died. Sucked some cuss up in a carb. Managed to get it started and home but I parked it and haven't touched it since. No joke.

Bought the CB1100 almost 2 years ago now. Not a problem. The ZRX is pretty to look at though. :)
 
Statistics, a very useful way to justify lies. I think it's a good tool if one can interpret the facts with intelligence. If you like statistics, here some for fun...

258ab67107ee19b3a8f9855e513fb334.jpg
 
Acrobat_imp said:
Statistics, a very useful way to justify lies. I think it's a good tool if one can interpret the facts with intelligence. If you like statistics, here some for fun...

258ab67107ee19b3a8f9855e513fb334.jpg
I feel bad for you BMW riders......
 
:rofl: sometimes it does seem that way.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Pfft. I love carbs!
I hate carbs. Bad enough to maintain on my single cyl dirtbikes-

I bought a ZRX1200 in 2012, rode it home from the seller on the highway, no problem. Took it out for the next ride and a few miles in- it spit, sputtered and died. Sucked some cuss up in a carb. Managed to get it started and home but I parked it and haven't touched it since. No joke.

Bought the CB1100 almost 2 years ago now. Not a problem. The ZRX is pretty to look at though. :)
I have not owned many bikes...
78 kawasaki kle250
77 yamaha sx650
81 yamaha sx650
04 sportster
07 klr650 (still own)
13 honda cgl125

All the above with carbs, zero issues...nada.

I was fully expecting similar reliability with my 14 cb1100 std, but traded it in because of idle issue in large part

Now, I'll give it another go with my 17 cb1100 ex...if it develops an idle issue, I'll stick to something I can figure out, like a DR650 to replace my KLR650 if it every dies ...and then I'll ride it till one us can't go anymore.
 
pdedse_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Bheezy27403_imp said:
Pfft. I love carbs!
I hate carbs. Bad enough to maintain on my single cyl dirtbikes-

I bought a ZRX1200 in 2012, rode it home from the seller on the highway, no problem. Took it out for the next ride and a few miles in- it spit, sputtered and died. Sucked some cuss up in a carb. Managed to get it started and home but I parked it and haven't touched it since. No joke.

Bought the CB1100 almost 2 years ago now. Not a problem. The ZRX is pretty to look at though. :)
I have not owned many bikes...
78 kawasaki kle250
77 yamaha sx650
81 yamaha sx650
04 sportster
07 klr650 (still own)
13 honda cgl125

All the above with carbs, zero issues...nada.

I was fully expecting similar reliability with my 14 cb1100 std, but traded it in because of idle issue in large part

Now, I'll give it another go with my 17 cb1100 ex...if it develops an idle issue, I'll stick to something I can figure out, like a DR650 to replace my KLR650 if it every dies ...and then I'll ride it till one us can't go anymore.
I have not owned many bikes...
78 kawasaki kle250
77 yamaha sx650
81 yamaha sx650
04 sportster
07 klr650 (still own)
13 honda cgl125

All the above with carbs, zero issues...nada.

I was fully expecting similar reliability with my 14 cb1100 std, but traded it in because of idle issue in large part

Now, I'll give it another go with my 17 cb1100 ex...if it develops an idle issue, I'll stick to something I can figure out, like a DR650 to replace my KLR650 if it every dies ...and then I'll ride it till one us can't go anymore.
I'm with you. This CB is the first fuelie I've ever owned. Never had a problem with any of the others with carbs. If it does (on my dirt bikes) pull it off, clean it, put it back. Easy. I don't want to have to hook up a laptop to my bikes.

All that being said, I've never had a problem with a fuel injected bike either! :thumbsup:
 
Single carb bikes are easier to deal with than some the bikes I owned : CBX's , VF 1000 R's and other 3 or four carb bikes.
On my carb bikes I always used Blue Stabil in the winter months
 
Back
Top