Ram X grip for cell phones and GPS

I reckon Lifeproof's gear takes a lot of beating—a robust case for the phone and a couple of mounting options. See OtterBox
 
dUh had a case that was very cool. Good protection, not to much extra bulk and it snapped right into its own handlebar mount. The ram stuf is okay, but his system was nicer. Wish I remembered the brand...wish I remembered a lot of things...maybe it was lifeproof.
 
Thread starter
I got a chance to try out the mount in my cage with the suction cup mount I bought separately. Weather hasn't been good for riding this week. Hit lots of bumps and phone didn't budge a bit. Got it set up for my CB1100, my HD Ultra and my SUV. The bars on my HD do not allow me to use the clamp type due to not enough space with the bat wing fairing and wiring so I bought the ram claw which works great for that application. No tether used in the car. Will try out on the CB once the weather breaks

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
I was just checking out the LifeProof cases etc. They sell the handlebar clamp (which is nice in itself) with the adaptor plate (to attach to most cases), found it on Amazon for $26. But then I watched this video:
 
Thread starter
I tried out my gamin nuvi Ram mount on both the CB and the Harley. Haven't tried out the X GRIP mount with phone yet on the bikes but the Ram GPS mounts work great with both application's. Not waterproof, I'm using a car GPS.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
In spite of being a big Lifeproof fan, I'm not sure I like the look of the new arrangement. Mine has a clamp that the phone snaps into. It can then be locked in.
 
I run a Ram mount with my Note 4 without any issues. My choices for waterproof cases were limited so I settled for a zip lock bag instead. Just pull the plastic tight and fold the extra under the phone with the opening facing down for cord entry.
I'm still able to operate the touch screen with gloves too.
 
Drove down to Salt Lake to the Cycle Gear store just to check out some gloves that I was interested in. While there picked up a RAM X Mount...installed with the rubber tether in place on an IPhone 6+

ead2bc1efd93632da3ef9982ede0f0cb.jpg
 
Back
Top