Ram Mount X-Grip

Eonzhiglo_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey everyone!

I am planning on taking a very long trip in the spring with a friend of mine over the course of two weeks, from Austin to Nashville, then off to Utah and Northern California. I am still looking around for good saddlebag options, but one thing I knew I was definitely going to need was a phone holder! I picked up the smallest clamp that Ram Mount made and decided to see if it would work for what I needed it to...and boy oh boy did it deliver.

I don't know how many of you are phone guys out there, but I have the LG V10, which is one of the larger phones out there. I ordered a new grippy case for it as the sides of the phone are steel, I didn't know how well it would be gripped by the X-grip. I went ahead and ordered the smaller sized x-grip and I can say that without a doubt this phone is definitely able to fit in it!

I am hoping to run a 12v cig lighter out of the headlight aux power so I can use my quick charger for the phone. If anyone has any experience in this that could chime in, that would be great! I realize there is another thread already sort of explaining this, but I can't really wrap my head around what needs to be done. Also if anyone has any recommendations for saddlebags that will fit with my OEM rack, let me know! They need to be able to carry 2 weeks worth of supplies!

Anyway, here are some photos of the x-grip!

482f29acf0632bfd4d2f8556df3586ac.jpg


8db9b44e5f383646c66596c52f73eea4.jpg


e474e7c5801d79159998d637247749f6.jpg


21e632909706f7f17cfcdde1c2f6b6e0.jpg


3a5a2ba0517e147ec3cdd4a2a9bb9ccb.jpg


8a727b0f7eb12f125b49b0165b0327b5.jpg


0b23edbd2e57c6e496afa21eb08d77c5.jpg
 
+1 for X grip. Using it for about a year. Not only it holds the phone well, there is not a hint of extra vibration.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
 
I'm running the Xgrip as well. It has held my phone for the last 20,000 miles without issue.

For the USB port, I'm running this one and I've been happy with it.
LOOYUAN 2 USB Motorcycle Mobile Waterproof Splashproof Power Supply Port Socket Charger Amazon.com
 
I have an X grip too. It is great!

Eon, to use the accessory connector in the headlight shell or the one back by the battery, you pretty much have 2 options.

1. Buy the matching connector and pins (and preferably the crimping tool). Crimp wires or your cig. lighter or whatever you want to the pins, then pin the connector (that means put the pins in the connector in the proper locations).

2. The easy way for the vast majority of people: Cut the accessory connector off and connect your cig lighter or whatever you want to the wires. The green wire is ground and the other is switched +12v. This method is how most have done it. Only 2 or 3 or so of us have done #1.

The accessory connectors have voltage ONLY when the ignition is on (they are switched, in other words).
 
Back
Top