Rain Gear

Ok it goes on quick, but does it keep a toad strangler at bay?
 
Dang, mine takes me about 10 minutes to put on. Interesting product but pricey.

Is a toad strangler like a frog choker?
 
Probably...local reference to a really hard rain. They sound similar.

Maybe for fun to orrow I will see how long it takes to put on my frog toggs
 
Nice!

I had a set of Frogg Toggs that served me well, but I melted one of the pant legs on a Guzzi V7 pipe in Europe last year. Replaced them with an Olympia Horizon rain jacket and pants. The material packs down very compactly and is self-storing with a built-in pocket. Very comfortable and breathes well.
 
Pretty interesting. I'd like to see a review of the product's water resistance and workmanship before I dropped $200. This suit is about twice what I paid for my Revit gear, but it could be worth the extra investment.
OH...and this suit doesn't look like it packs down as tightly as my current gear, which can be an important factor.
 
Ok went and timed putting on my Frog Toggs using the stop watch feature on my phone. This included zipping the zippers on bottom sides of legs and attaching velcro at cuffs and snapping buckle at waist, also zipping up top and snapping all snaps from waist to neck

1:38.11

I thought pulling on a pair of over pants and putting on a jacket would take less time than that :-/

I think I could do it a little faster but nowhere near 20 seconds lol. It took more than that just to put the pants on. :(
 
Yeah, and it takes even longer on the side of the road when you have to dig it out of your gear and the rain is already coming down!

A buddy of mine went riding in Europe. He forgot his rain suit and went to several motorcycle stores to buy one. Nobody knew what he was talking about, apparently because Europeans' everyday riding gear is already suitable for the rain.
 
I've not found any gear (especially gloves) that are totally rainproof. My new jacket I got used last summer was supposed to be water proof. Got caught in a toad strangler without my rain gear. Pulled into a Dairy Farmers about 9 miles up the road under the roof above the pumps and poured water out of my sleeves.
 
One thing that I like about my 2-piece rain suit is that I use the pants as a wind layer over my mesh Olympia pants. I find this an easier option then using the liner pants that came with them if I think I'm going to need to un-layer during the ride.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ok went and timed putting on my Frog Toggs using the stop watch feature on my phone. This included zipping the zippers on bottom sides of legs and attaching velcro at cuffs and snapping buckle at waist, also zipping up top and snapping all snaps from waist to neck

1:38.11

I thought pulling on a pair of over pants and putting on a jacket would take less time than that :-/

I think I could do it a little faster but nowhere near 20 seconds lol. It took more than that just to put the pants on. :(
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
 
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ok went and timed putting on my Frog Toggs using the stop watch feature on my phone. This included zipping the zippers on bottom sides of legs and attaching velcro at cuffs and snapping buckle at waist, also zipping up top and snapping all snaps from waist to neck

1:38.11

I thought pulling on a pair of over pants and putting on a jacket would take less time than that :-/

I think I could do it a little faster but nowhere near 20 seconds lol. It took more than that just to put the pants on. :(
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
OK...so let's just get The Ferret's little secret out in the open. He timed this NOT because he needs to be able to get them ON quickly, but sometimes, at rest stops, time may be of the essence to get them OFF, if you know what I mean.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ok went and timed putting on my Frog Toggs using the stop watch feature on my phone. This included zipping the zippers on bottom sides of legs and attaching velcro at cuffs and snapping buckle at waist, also zipping up top and snapping all snaps from waist to neck

1:38.11

I thought pulling on a pair of over pants and putting on a jacket would take less time than that :-/

I think I could do it a little faster but nowhere near 20 seconds lol. It took more than that just to put the pants on. :(
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
OK...so let's just get The Ferret's little secret out in the open. He timed this NOT because he needs to be able to get them ON quickly, but sometimes, at rest stops, time may be of the essence to get them OFF, if you know what I mean.
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
OK...so let's just get The Ferret's little secret out in the open. He timed this NOT because he needs to be able to get them ON quickly, but sometimes, at rest stops, time may be of the essence to get them OFF, if you know what I mean.
As a man of "a certain age" I know exactly what you mean! :P
 
I've given up on waterproof gloves...just carry extras and commit to getting them wet. I do have "lobster claw" overgloves...if my hands got too wet/cold I'd put on dry gloves and then the overgloves.
 
That's what I do, just ignore wet gloves. However, I switch the grip heating on, then the water is warm at least. :P
 
Learned a LONG time ago that an extra pair of dry gloves makes a lot of difference. Every bike has a decent pair of big box leather gloves under the seat, preferably deer skin.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ok went and timed putting on my Frog Toggs using the stop watch feature on my phone. This included zipping the zippers on bottom sides of legs and attaching velcro at cuffs and snapping buckle at waist, also zipping up top and snapping all snaps from waist to neck

1:38.11

I thought pulling on a pair of over pants and putting on a jacket would take less time than that :-/

I think I could do it a little faster but nowhere near 20 seconds lol. It took more than that just to put the pants on. :(
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
OK...so let's just get The Ferret's little secret out in the open. He timed this NOT because he needs to be able to get them ON quickly, but sometimes, at rest stops, time may be of the essence to get them OFF, if you know what I mean.
:rofl: What's the hurry anyway :D
OK...so let's just get The Ferret's little secret out in the open. He timed this NOT because he needs to be able to get them ON quickly, but sometimes, at rest stops, time may be of the essence to get them OFF, if you know what I mean.
there are times when having that 20 second window would have come in handy ;) (a little secret, those blow driers in rest areas come in handy for other things besides hands sometimes)
 
Overgloves are the duck's guts in a toad strangler!
 
Django_imp said:
That's what I do, just ignore wet gloves. However, I switch the grip heating on, then the water is warm at least. :P
Me too, ha ha! I have grip puppies on my bikes. One time they were steaming at a group ride gathering point! :cool:
Cormanus_imp said:
Overgloves are the duck's guts in a toad strangler!
True! And they come in handy as a wind break if the wind gets a bit colder than expected...keeps your hands a lot toastier.
 
Back
Top