Quotable Quotes

Nemo_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I've read some thought gems in this forum. Actually have one in my signature. Browsing an old thread today found another one:

"She is a siren whose song will draw you in only to smash you against the rocky reef exposed by an unforgiving low tide."
~ Metallyguitarded about the VFR800.

Feel free to share yours or ones you find.
 
"a good chunk of life's problems can be solved by going for a ride"

...Guth about motorcycling in general
 
If someone you know complains a lot and is a pain to be around, don't judge them till you have walked a mile in their shoes.

After a mile you won't be able to hear them, and you may end up with a nice pair of shoes.
 
I'll go to the source of great quotes, Yogi Berra.

The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.

It’s like déjà vu all over again.

Always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t come to yours.

My favorite quote is the one below by St. Paul.
 
Good thread! Here's a couple of my favorites:

"They say you really start living life at 30........ but I found it gets really interesting at about 150."

"Only motorcyclists understand why dogs stick their heads out the car window."
 
When I was young, poor and single my father jokingly said to me, "There's no such thing as an ugly rich girl."

P.S. Just to keep this motorcycle related, I was hosing off my old dirt bike when he said it.
 
Kill something each and every day,
No matter how small or insignificant.
If for no other reason than to maintain proficiency.
 
"I went to brush something off my cheek and it was the floor" Raymond Chandler

and

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy" Randy Hanzlick(?)
 
"Used oil in containers and a stack of worn tires is like looking at a pile of memories that you can't get anywhere else...priceless!"

2016 Haystack on meeting yearly riding goals
 
"Somebody put orange juice in my orange juice!" -- W.C. Fields, when somebody spiked his "orange juice" on set with actual orange juice.
“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.”

― H.L. Mencken
"Where's the entrance to the exit? It oughta be illegal to have an exit that ya can't go into." - Popeye
 
Wimpy! I remember another one from him when he said, "I'll gladly give you two hamburgers tomorrow, if you'll give me one hamburger today." There was an early cartoon where a duck appeared. Wimpy produced a hand meat grinder and followed the duck saying, "Luncheon!"
 
Back
Top