Put bike on centerstand

Ron, that was great. Thanks.

Jay, did you master getting the bike on the centerstand?
 
Rboe_imp said:
My back is not in that great of shape but was not stressed all that much during this lift. I also used my legs more than is evident in the video. Mostly legs and arms in the lift.

The case savers are a huge help as the bike will pretty hold resting on the wheels and the case savers. It took a bit of effort to get the bike all the way down.
At our age the disks in our back do not much appreciate "practice" lifts. That's a pretty impressive stunt, though, but if I dropped my bike in real life I would leave that son of a snake where it was and get some help. It is insured, it's replaceable, unlike my back.

One ruptured disk can absolutely ruin one's life. Multiple surgeries, dependency and addiction to pain medications, inability to really live a normal life...I NEVER lift anything heavy any more. I get help or pay someone else with a strong back to do it.

My buddy stopped to help someone lift his bike, and blew out a disk. He was young, in his early 30's. Wrecked his back. A neighbor exploded a disk moving a washing machine. Same age, young, strong, fit. Fortunately his surgery was successful to some degree.

As a supervisor of employees who routinely had to lift things, I had a lot of training in preventing workplace injuries, especially back injuries. Being a hero on my crew would get you written up for a safety violation. Getting help would get you a raise at your next evaluation.:clap:
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
My back is not in that great of shape but was not stressed all that much during this lift. I also used my legs more than is evident in the video. Mostly legs and arms in the lift.

The case savers are a huge help as the bike will pretty hold resting on the wheels and the case savers. It took a bit of effort to get the bike all the way down.
At our age the disks in our back do not much appreciate "practice" lifts. That's a pretty impressive stunt, though, but if I dropped my bike in real life I would leave that son of a snake where it was and get some help. It is insured, it's replaceable, unlike my back.

One ruptured disk can absolutely ruin one's life. Multiple surgeries, dependency and addiction to pain medications, inability to really live a normal life...I NEVER lift anything heavy any more. I get help or pay someone else with a strong back to do it.

My buddy stopped to help someone lift his bike, and blew out a disk. He was young, in his early 30's. Wrecked his back. A neighbor exploded a disk moving a washing machine. Same age, young, strong, fit. Fortunately his surgery was successful to some degree.

As a supervisor of employees who routinely had to lift things, I had a lot of training in preventing workplace injuries, especially back injuries. Being a hero on my crew would get you written up for a safety violation. Getting help would get you a raise at your next evaluation.:clap:
At our age the disks in our back do not much appreciate "practice" lifts. That's a pretty impressive stunt, though, but if I dropped my bike in real life I would leave that son of a snake where it was and get some help. It is insured, it's replaceable, unlike my back.

One ruptured disk can absolutely ruin one's life. Multiple surgeries, dependency and addiction to pain medications, inability to really live a normal life...I NEVER lift anything heavy any more. I get help or pay someone else with a strong back to do it.

My buddy stopped to help someone lift his bike, and blew out a disk. He was young, in his early 30's. Wrecked his back. A neighbor exploded a disk moving a washing machine. Same age, young, strong, fit. Fortunately his surgery was successful to some degree.

As a supervisor of employees who routinely had to lift things, I had a lot of training in preventing workplace injuries, especially back injuries. Being a hero on my crew would get you written up for a safety violation. Getting help would get you a raise at your next evaluation.:clap:
Well said - I must admit the weight of the 2014 EX is a bit of a worry to me. I've currently got an XJR1300 with a wet weight of 245kg and that feels heavy when being moved about. I hope the EX doesn't feel even heavier than that. I hate to think what I'd do if I dropped it. :(
 
:biker:I just purchased the Honda CB1100 a few weeks ago and couldn't figure out how to put it on the center stand. I read the manual and dropped my brand new bike in my garage. I went to the dealer and they weren't any help either. I seen the videos on uTube and will try it again. Anyone have any further suggestions?
 
Thread starter
We have lots of members in So Cal. bet one would be glad to come over and show you. Sorry to hear you dropped your new bike. can't believe the dealer is so inept that they couldn't show you. That stinks.

Hey So cal guys..need a voulunteer to help a brother out here.
 
bryannevasr_imp said:
:biker:I just purchased the Honda CB1100 a few weeks ago and couldn't figure out how to put it on the center stand. I read the manual and dropped my brand new bike in my garage. I went to the dealer and they weren't any help either. I seen the videos on uTube and will try it again. Anyone have any further suggestions?
PM me, include your phone number.
 
bryannevasr_imp said:
:biker:I just purchased the Honda CB1100 a few weeks ago and couldn't figure out how to put it on the center stand. I read the manual and dropped my brand new bike in my garage. I went to the dealer and they weren't any help either. I seen the videos on uTube and will try it again. Anyone have any further suggestions?
Don't use it. Lots of bikes don't have one anyway. Like I said in a different thread, I took mine off and use a rear stand if I need to make the bike look cool in my garage.

Or if I need to take off the rear wheel or lube the chain which is hard to do without the wheel off the ground.
 
It is incredibly difficult without the right technique. I tried repeated in the showroom. Successful technique is to straighten out the bike, put your right foot on the center stand, left hand on the bars and lift under the grab bar with your right hand. Gets real easy once you get used to it.

I used the same technique on a Honda Ruckus and nearly kicked the scooter across the room! On that thing you just breathe hard in the direction of the stand and all 15 pounds of that scooter just hops right up onto it.
 
I think that the CB1100 is one of the easiest bikes to put on the center stand.
I NEVER use the side stand on any of my bikes.
Over the years I have seen too many bikes fall over from not having the side stand on a firm enough ground.
A friend of mine had his brand new Suzuki fall over after it sunk into hot black top.
 
Inline4_imp said:
Our CB1100 IS very easy to put on the centerstand. If you want to practice on something, find an old Kawasaki C10 Concours! YIKES!
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left

NOW TAKE NOTE: push the stand lever with the right foot. THIS ALONE WILL ALMOST GET THE BIKE ON THE STAND.

Now whilst it is moving rearward and IN ONE SMOOTH MOTION TUG THE REAR RAIL UPWARDS AND EASE THE BIKE BACKWARDS, STILL APPLYING FOOT PRESSURE.

Sorry for the capitals.

If that doesn't work, put some weight on, buy a lighter bike, join a gym or as Red Mist says, use the side stand. Phew.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I think that the CB1100 is one of the easiest bikes to put on the center stand.
I NEVER use the side stand on any of my bikes.
Over the years I have seen too many bikes fall over from not having the side stand on a firm enough ground.
A friend of mine had his brand new Suzuki fall over after it sunk into hot black top.
Live and learn. A smashed soda can works well as a sidestand support. Of course, a centerstand tang can sink into hot blacktop just as easily; and they do.

Anyone can have an incident with a bike toppling. Usually we get those out of the way in the first year riding. Many of my bikes have had centerstands, but most have not, and most bikes sold don't have a centerstand. I did a lot of touring on chain-drive bikes with no centerstand. One has to roll the bike a few feet to lube the chain, and keep a can of the stuff in the luggage. Other than that inconvenience I can't think of any reason I'd miss a centerstand. I'm sure as hell not going to be able to pull off a wheel and remove the tire for repairs. Tubeless tires respond well to a plug and a can of sealant without needing removal and will generally get you to a place that can repair or replace the tire, so any rationale that a centerstand is needed these days for tire replacement has been long deprecated.

Let us just be honest for a moment. Among all bikes with centerstands, the CB1100 is by no means an easy lift. I've had a couple of BMWs that ranged from nearly effortless to a light pressure. Among bikes I recall, the CB1100 is among the hardest of lifts. My R100GS, one of the old-school BMWs, had a perfect balance front/rear, so either wheel could be removed using just the centerstand, and the bike would rock on to the remaining wheel. It was a piece of cake to get on the centerstand. The leverage and position was so well worked out that it could be done by anyone.

The CB1100 requires focus and a mastery of the technique, and some due diligence. A healthy spinal column is also handy. Weight is an advantage.

I really don't want new riders having difficulties with the centerstand to get the notion -- especially after visiting this forum -- that they are somehow wimpy or deficient because they are having trouble. This poor guy dumped his bike in the garage (we've all done it) and has a few yards to go to get to where he can use the mainstand without issue. There is no shame in removing or ignoring the centerstand. It is not a "man" test. You want your man test, come out to the racetrack sometime. No centerstand needed. Bring your kneepucks instead.:D
Tortuga_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Our CB1100 IS very easy to put on the centerstand. If you want to practice on something, find an old Kawasaki C10 Concours! YIKES!
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left

NOW TAKE NOTE: push the stand lever with the right foot. THIS ALONE WILL ALMOST GET THE BIKE ON THE STAND.

Now whilst it is moving rearward and IN ONE SMOOTH MOTION TUG THE REAR RAIL UPWARDS AND EASE THE BIKE BACKWARDS, STILL APPLYING FOOT PRESSURE.

Sorry for the capitals.

If that doesn't work, put some weight on, buy a lighter bike, join a gym or as Red Mist says, use the side stand. Phew.
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.:rofl:
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I think that the CB1100 is one of the easiest bikes to put on the center stand.
I NEVER use the side stand on any of my bikes.
Over the years I have seen too many bikes fall over from not having the side stand on a firm enough ground.
A friend of mine had his brand new Suzuki fall over after it sunk into hot black top.
Live and learn. A smashed soda can works well as a sidestand support. Of course, a centerstand tang can sink into hot blacktop just as easily; and they do.

Anyone can have an incident with a bike toppling. Usually we get those out of the way in the first year riding. Many of my bikes have had centerstands, but most have not, and most bikes sold don't have a centerstand. I did a lot of touring on chain-drive bikes with no centerstand. One has to roll the bike a few feet to lube the chain, and keep a can of the stuff in the luggage. Other than that inconvenience I can't think of any reason I'd miss a centerstand. I'm sure as hell not going to be able to pull off a wheel and remove the tire for repairs. Tubeless tires respond well to a plug and a can of sealant without needing removal and will generally get you to a place that can repair or replace the tire, so any rationale that a centerstand is needed these days for tire replacement has been long deprecated.

Let us just be honest for a moment. Among all bikes with centerstands, the CB1100 is by no means an easy lift. I've had a couple of BMWs that ranged from nearly effortless to a light pressure. Among bikes I recall, the CB1100 is among the hardest of lifts. My R100GS, one of the old-school BMWs, had a perfect balance front/rear, so either wheel could be removed using just the centerstand, and the bike would rock on to the remaining wheel. It was a piece of cake to get on the centerstand. The leverage and position was so well worked out that it could be done by anyone.

The CB1100 requires focus and a mastery of the technique, and some due diligence. A healthy spinal column is also handy. Weight is an advantage.

I really don't want new riders having difficulties with the centerstand to get the notion -- especially after visiting this forum -- that they are somehow wimpy or deficient because they are having trouble. This poor guy dumped his bike in the garage (we've all done it) and has a few yards to go to get to where he can use the mainstand without issue. There is no shame in removing or ignoring the centerstand. It is not a "man" test. You want your man test, come out to the racetrack sometime. No centerstand needed. Bring your kneepucks instead.:D
Tortuga_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Our CB1100 IS very easy to put on the centerstand. If you want to practice on something, find an old Kawasaki C10 Concours! YIKES!
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left

NOW TAKE NOTE: push the stand lever with the right foot. THIS ALONE WILL ALMOST GET THE BIKE ON THE STAND.

Now whilst it is moving rearward and IN ONE SMOOTH MOTION TUG THE REAR RAIL UPWARDS AND EASE THE BIKE BACKWARDS, STILL APPLYING FOOT PRESSURE.

Sorry for the capitals.

If that doesn't work, put some weight on, buy a lighter bike, join a gym or as Red Mist says, use the side stand. Phew.
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.:rofl:
Live and learn. A smashed soda can works well as a sidestand support. Of course, a centerstand tang can sink into hot blacktop just as easily; and they do.

Anyone can have an incident with a bike toppling. Usually we get those out of the way in the first year riding. Many of my bikes have had centerstands, but most have not, and most bikes sold don't have a centerstand. I did a lot of touring on chain-drive bikes with no centerstand. One has to roll the bike a few feet to lube the chain, and keep a can of the stuff in the luggage. Other than that inconvenience I can't think of any reason I'd miss a centerstand. I'm sure as hell not going to be able to pull off a wheel and remove the tire for repairs. Tubeless tires respond well to a plug and a can of sealant without needing removal and will generally get you to a place that can repair or replace the tire, so any rationale that a centerstand is needed these days for tire replacement has been long deprecated.

Let us just be honest for a moment. Among all bikes with centerstands, the CB1100 is by no means an easy lift. I've had a couple of BMWs that ranged from nearly effortless to a light pressure. Among bikes I recall, the CB1100 is among the hardest of lifts. My R100GS, one of the old-school BMWs, had a perfect balance front/rear, so either wheel could be removed using just the centerstand, and the bike would rock on to the remaining wheel. It was a piece of cake to get on the centerstand. The leverage and position was so well worked out that it could be done by anyone.

The CB1100 requires focus and a mastery of the technique, and some due diligence. A healthy spinal column is also handy. Weight is an advantage.

I really don't want new riders having difficulties with the centerstand to get the notion -- especially after visiting this forum -- that they are somehow wimpy or deficient because they are having trouble. This poor guy dumped his bike in the garage (we've all done it) and has a few yards to go to get to where he can use the mainstand without issue. There is no shame in removing or ignoring the centerstand. It is not a "man" test. You want your man test, come out to the racetrack sometime. No centerstand needed. Bring your kneepucks instead.:D
Tortuga_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Our CB1100 IS very easy to put on the centerstand. If you want to practice on something, find an old Kawasaki C10 Concours! YIKES!
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left

NOW TAKE NOTE: push the stand lever with the right foot. THIS ALONE WILL ALMOST GET THE BIKE ON THE STAND.

Now whilst it is moving rearward and IN ONE SMOOTH MOTION TUG THE REAR RAIL UPWARDS AND EASE THE BIKE BACKWARDS, STILL APPLYING FOOT PRESSURE.

Sorry for the capitals.

If that doesn't work, put some weight on, buy a lighter bike, join a gym or as Red Mist says, use the side stand. Phew.
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.:rofl:

Ok, now I'm baffled. This bike is an absolute piece of piss to saddle up on the centre stand.

I might be heavier than you Red Mist, but I don't think I "put my all" into it by a long shot, it's no more effort than cracking a smile.

I may just have to make a damn video.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Red Mist_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I think that the CB1100 is one of the easiest bikes to put on the center stand.
I NEVER use the side stand on any of my bikes.
Over the years I have seen too many bikes fall over from not having the side stand on a firm enough ground.
A friend of mine had his brand new Suzuki fall over after it sunk into hot black top.
Live and learn. A smashed soda can works well as a sidestand support. Of course, a centerstand tang can sink into hot blacktop just as easily; and they do.

Anyone can have an incident with a bike toppling. Usually we get those out of the way in the first year riding. Many of my bikes have had centerstands, but most have not, and most bikes sold don't have a centerstand. I did a lot of touring on chain-drive bikes with no centerstand. One has to roll the bike a few feet to lube the chain, and keep a can of the stuff in the luggage. Other than that inconvenience I can't think of any reason I'd miss a centerstand. I'm sure as hell not going to be able to pull off a wheel and remove the tire for repairs. Tubeless tires respond well to a plug and a can of sealant without needing removal and will generally get you to a place that can repair or replace the tire, so any rationale that a centerstand is needed these days for tire replacement has been long deprecated.

Let us just be honest for a moment. Among all bikes with centerstands, the CB1100 is by no means an easy lift. I've had a couple of BMWs that ranged from nearly effortless to a light pressure. Among bikes I recall, the CB1100 is among the hardest of lifts. My R100GS, one of the old-school BMWs, had a perfect balance front/rear, so either wheel could be removed using just the centerstand, and the bike would rock on to the remaining wheel. It was a piece of cake to get on the centerstand. The leverage and position was so well worked out that it could be done by anyone.

The CB1100 requires focus and a mastery of the technique, and some due diligence. A healthy spinal column is also handy. Weight is an advantage.

I really don't want new riders having difficulties with the centerstand to get the notion -- especially after visiting this forum -- that they are somehow wimpy or deficient because they are having trouble. This poor guy dumped his bike in the garage (we've all done it) and has a few yards to go to get to where he can use the mainstand without issue. There is no shame in removing or ignoring the centerstand. It is not a "man" test. You want your man test, come out to the racetrack sometime. No centerstand needed. Bring your kneepucks instead.:D
Tortuga_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Our CB1100 IS very easy to put on the centerstand. If you want to practice on something, find an old Kawasaki C10 Concours! YIKES!
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left

NOW TAKE NOTE: push the stand lever with the right foot. THIS ALONE WILL ALMOST GET THE BIKE ON THE STAND.

Now whilst it is moving rearward and IN ONE SMOOTH MOTION TUG THE REAR RAIL UPWARDS AND EASE THE BIKE BACKWARDS, STILL APPLYING FOOT PRESSURE.

Sorry for the capitals.

If that doesn't work, put some weight on, buy a lighter bike, join a gym or as Red Mist says, use the side stand. Phew.
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.:rofl:
Live and learn. A smashed soda can works well as a sidestand support. Of course, a centerstand tang can sink into hot blacktop just as easily; and they do.

Anyone can have an incident with a bike toppling. Usually we get those out of the way in the first year riding. Many of my bikes have had centerstands, but most have not, and most bikes sold don't have a centerstand. I did a lot of touring on chain-drive bikes with no centerstand. One has to roll the bike a few feet to lube the chain, and keep a can of the stuff in the luggage. Other than that inconvenience I can't think of any reason I'd miss a centerstand. I'm sure as hell not going to be able to pull off a wheel and remove the tire for repairs. Tubeless tires respond well to a plug and a can of sealant without needing removal and will generally get you to a place that can repair or replace the tire, so any rationale that a centerstand is needed these days for tire replacement has been long deprecated.

Let us just be honest for a moment. Among all bikes with centerstands, the CB1100 is by no means an easy lift. I've had a couple of BMWs that ranged from nearly effortless to a light pressure. Among bikes I recall, the CB1100 is among the hardest of lifts. My R100GS, one of the old-school BMWs, had a perfect balance front/rear, so either wheel could be removed using just the centerstand, and the bike would rock on to the remaining wheel. It was a piece of cake to get on the centerstand. The leverage and position was so well worked out that it could be done by anyone.

The CB1100 requires focus and a mastery of the technique, and some due diligence. A healthy spinal column is also handy. Weight is an advantage.

I really don't want new riders having difficulties with the centerstand to get the notion -- especially after visiting this forum -- that they are somehow wimpy or deficient because they are having trouble. This poor guy dumped his bike in the garage (we've all done it) and has a few yards to go to get to where he can use the mainstand without issue. There is no shame in removing or ignoring the centerstand. It is not a "man" test. You want your man test, come out to the racetrack sometime. No centerstand needed. Bring your kneepucks instead.:D
Tortuga_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Our CB1100 IS very easy to put on the centerstand. If you want to practice on something, find an old Kawasaki C10 Concours! YIKES!
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left

NOW TAKE NOTE: push the stand lever with the right foot. THIS ALONE WILL ALMOST GET THE BIKE ON THE STAND.

Now whilst it is moving rearward and IN ONE SMOOTH MOTION TUG THE REAR RAIL UPWARDS AND EASE THE BIKE BACKWARDS, STILL APPLYING FOOT PRESSURE.

Sorry for the capitals.

If that doesn't work, put some weight on, buy a lighter bike, join a gym or as Red Mist says, use the side stand. Phew.
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.:rofl:

Ok, now I'm baffled. This bike is an absolute piece of piss to saddle up on the centre stand.

I might be heavier than you Red Mist, but I don't think I "put my all" into it by a long shot, it's no more effort than cracking a smile.

I may just have to make a damn video.
Just make sure you wear your clothes when you make that video. Pretty girls are helpful and of course clothes are optional for them.

While you are making your movie I will be getting a force measurement on the right foot whilst putting the bike up.

****e, I forgot I took my stand off. Well, anyway, can't we agree it's harder than the earlier Beemers but easier than an ST1300? Somewhere in the middle, maybe?
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
I guess I should mention I weigh like 285. Working to my advantage on this center stand hoisting!
Let's be honest. It's all technique.

When I was a motorcycle instructor I'd have puny little girls pull bikes onto the centre stand just by letting the stand do the work. Clue: it's a lever.
 
LOL at the language differences; I read Tort's "piece of piss" comment and thought he meant that it was poorly designed and therefore difficult!

In the UK you can get pissed at a bar, here you get pissed when someone cuts you off on the road.
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
LOL at the language differences; I read Tort's "piece of piss" comment and thought he meant that it was poorly designed and therefore difficult!

In the UK you can get pissed at a bar, here you get pissed when someone cuts you off on the road.
Here you can get pissed at a pub, get pissed OFF with a bad driver, and then go home and piss in the kitchen sink (unless the wife catches you).

Democracy. Even more confusing than language.

For the hard of thinking : piece of piss = "easy".
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Our CB1100 IS very easy to put on the centerstand. If you want to practice on something, find an old Kawasaki C10 Concours! YIKES!
I agree. I can't imagine anyone having problems doing this.

Hold by the bars. Get to desired spot.

Left hand - left bar.

Right hand, under rear grab rail, knuckles down.

Right foot, on stand lever (this is important!!!)

Left foot, about 10 inches from right foot, to it's left

NOW TAKE NOTE: push the stand lever with the right foot. THIS ALONE WILL ALMOST GET THE BIKE ON THE STAND.

Now whilst it is moving rearward and IN ONE SMOOTH MOTION TUG THE REAR RAIL UPWARDS AND EASE THE BIKE BACKWARDS, STILL APPLYING FOOT PRESSURE.

Sorry for the capitals.

If that doesn't work, put some weight on, buy a lighter bike, join a gym or as Red Mist says, use the side stand. Phew.
You missed an important step. After pushing the stand down and before starting to lift, push the bike level until you feel both of the centerstand feet on the ground. If you don't do that, it'll take a huge effort to horse the bike up onto the stand.
 
Back
Top