Puig Windscreen

Dave, yes there are pics. They just show on my iPad.

At work, on the .gov PC behind the firewall, a lot of pics don't show. Could that be your problem?
 
Installed my $40 puig windscreen on my CB1100 this morning...took short ride and got it up to highway speed..I noticed a very slight decrease of wind to my lower torso, and essentially no helmet buffeting, but still plenty blowy to chest and shoulders..
I am underwhelmed...

To anyone who might buy one of these: The shield comes with a "million" parts for fastening it, but only four short bolts, four nylon washers and the two steel mounting plates were needed to install. A buddy said the extra parts are for other bikes, as the shield is usable on many kinds of bikes.

Directions are in German.

Do NOT over tighten bolts to fasten shield to steel plate....A buddy did broke his shield.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Dave, yes there are pics. They just show on my iPad.

At work, on the .gov PC behind the firewall, a lot of pics don't show. Could that be your problem?
Not sure popgun. I'm at home. I'm not sure what kind of firewall protection is turned on this thing.
 
I agree with BokoBob. It was easy to install but really of min value. I'll put it on my Ural in hopes it will at least make it look fast.... Now to find something else.
 
Ltrypsin_imp said:
I agree with BokoBob. It was easy to install but really of min value. I'll put it on my Ural in hopes it will at least make it look fast.... Now to find something else.
LOL, look fast....which model do you have ? I have the Tourist. You should post pics
 
Ride with it on and without it on the highway at 65 to 85-90 or more and you will notice the difference. Its qiute substantial how much air it actually removes from hitting your upper body. At least I think so.
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Ride with it on and without it on the highway at 65 to 85-90 or more and you will notice the difference. Its qiute substantial how much air it actually removes from hitting your upper body. At least I think so.

I just ordered one, in black of course.. I live in a windy place and the head on buffeting makes even my short commute a pain..

I do have a question.. How tall are you? I'm just 6ft but long in the upper body.. So I am wondering if that is the difference in experience.

-Peter
 
I'm 5 11. It will cut the wind off your mid torso which will help a lot with rider fatigue. The best thing is that it's cheap. Just remember to put the pads in between the shield and your gages so they don't rub. It is a little it of a tight fit side to side. Simple install, just loosen the head light bolts and slide it on. Pull the sides out while pushing it in . Put the protective pads on the inner windscreen prior to doing good this. There will be a slight gap between the headlight and the screen but it is absolutely fine. You will like it. Enjoy. I will post some pics if I can of my shield jnstalled.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
I'm still waiting to get mine; hopefully next week, but I agree with uscgmac that this is one of the least expensive windscreens currently available and looks half way decent on an all black CB1100. It is small enough so that it does not take away from the CB's "naked" retro looks. Plus, it should help some to cut down on the air blast to the rider's torso, if not making for a slightly more aerodynamic ride at higher speeds. It should also help reduce sunlight glare on the instrument pods and center LCD. Not too shabby for only a little over 40 bucks!
 


Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
I have no idea why the last several pics came out sideways? ??

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac, I noticed the way your w/s is mounted to the headlight differs from other pictures I've seen. Your's has the Piug mounting brackets on the inside of the existing headlight bucket mounting ears. Is this the best way to do it?
 
Yes, goes on the inside. You would have to stretch it for it to go on the outside. Their may be an updated 2014 version which goes on the outside but that would leave marks or scratches on your bracket which would be noticeable if you remove it. I'm always taking it on and off and have always mounted it to the inside with no issues. It is a tight fit around the clusters so make sure you use the pads because it will rest up against them. It's supposed to be universal so mount it as you see fit. I have 7500 trouble free miles with it taking it on and off occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
The 2013 CB install may be a little different being the clusters were a little smaller than the 2014s and may not fit as snug but as for the mounting to the head light it should be the same. Puig may have updated for the 14s specifically but I'm not sure. All I know is that it works fine and makes a considerable difference on the air flow.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
I just looked at some pics and I guess you can do it either inside or outside but I believe inside the bracket is the correct way. If you look at the photos from puig all installs are inside. Once again it's what you like, it's your bike. Puig does have a 2014 specific windscreen which is more that double in price. The 2013 universal one will work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 


Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Still trying to figure out how to get it to stop rotating sideways. I think you get the idea by niw, lol.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top