Windscreen that fits 2014

Thread starter
Mr. T has not replied yet so I ordered a Daytona Blaster Barrier windscreen (tinted) from Webike. It should be here next week and total cost with expedite shipping was $149.

I may order the Road Comet with matching colors in the future and sell this one.





 
I have the Puig 0869N on my 2014. The windscreen touches the gauge cluster, but the pads they provide keep the two from rubbing together. Good, cheap solution.
 
Thread starter
johnf514_imp said:
I have the Puig 0869N on my 2014. The windscreen touches the gauge cluster, but the pads they provide keep the two from rubbing together. Good, cheap solution.
That's the one I ordered initially but I didn't want to use the pads since they may get displaced and eventually get in contact with the gauge cluster. Also I think the height is a bit too high when compared to the suggested height from other members (~10" above the key).
Thanks for the picture though!
 
I just rode first time today after installing Puig 7593W and it was quite an improvement. I've read comments on revzilla - where I bought it - about this small screen not stopping wind noise, wind force on helmet etc. I didn't expect that because it's a motorcyle. But it did make the bike much more stable in considerable crosswind today. Engine seemed less labored at 80 and I didn't have feeling that it might just take another direction on elevated, curving interstate overpasses. Definitely an improvement. When I got home didn't fell like had taken a beating. Ear plugs would still be advisable for younger people who can still hear. For 130 dollars it seems like a good place to start. It does not rub instruments although it's very close on R. I can pass card stock through the clearance with no friction. I'll watch for vibration marks and if needed will just put a washer between the mounting foot and fork pinch clamp for a little extra clearance if needed. It's my first add and I'm happy. Have one subtraction of a sissy bar combined with luggage rack that removed before first ride because it was butt ugly. I bought this 2014 base model in march with 940 miles by first owner who decided he needed a BMW.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
i have the direct fit puig from revzilla and i really like it but i like my helmet in clean air for less turbulence
it hits on the shoulders but thats good for me
it does need to be painted though, in the sun its gray not nearly black enough
 
Thread starter
JEB_imp said:
I just rode first time today after installing Puig 7593W and it was quite an improvement. I've read comments on revzilla - where I bought it - about this small screen not stopping wind noise, wind force on helmet etc. I didn't expect that because it's a motorcyle. But it did make the bike much more stable in considerable crosswind today. Engine seemed less labored at 80 and I didn't have feeling that it might just take another direction on elevated, curving interstate overpasses. Definitely an improvement. When I got home didn't fell like had taken a beating. Ear plugs would still be advisable for younger people who can still hear. For 130 dollars it seems like a good place to start. It does not rub instruments although it's very close on R. I can pass card stock through the clearance with no friction. I'll watch for vibration marks and if needed will just put a washer between the mounting foot and fork pinch clamp for a little extra clearance if needed. It's my first add and I'm happy. Have one subtraction of a sissy bar combined with luggage rack that removed before first ride because it was butt ugly. I bought this 2014 base model in march with 940 miles by first owner who decided he needed a BMW.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! Congratulations on the new bike!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
gtmn_imp said:
i have the direct fit puig from revzilla and i really like it but i like my helmet in clean air for less turbulence
it hits on the shoulders but thats good for me
it does need to be painted though, in the sun its gray not nearly black enough
I ordered this Daytona Blaster Barrier windscreen. I will post pictures and impressions once I receive it next week.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Update:
I received the Daytona windscreen today. Shipping was pretty fast with express option (FedEx).

It's very well made, I like it!

I did a preliminary install (my headlight is not installed because I am working on the GPS wiring and can't find the connector that I purchased over a year ago so ended up ordering another one) and to avoid touching the instruments you have to mount it a little bit forward. I measured from key to top of windscreen and it's 9.5".

I will post pictures next week once I get the GPS wiring done.
 
Thread starter
VAslim16_imp said:
hdvalente_imp said:
Definitely keep us updated on the screen. I am thinking about getting one depending on how it works for you.
Definitely keep us updated on the screen. I am thinking about getting one depending on how it works for you. Will do!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
Here is what I experienced with mine. After riding around for a few months I thought this thing isn't doing a whole lot. So I took it off, and on the very first ride I said, "man I can't believe how much wind I am getting. That little shield was doing a heck of a job". So I put it back on. Recently took it off though because I just love the look of a naked bike, and for cruising the backroads around here I don't need it that much, however it will be going back on for the ride to Arkansas even if MTC does call me a Wi<cough>mp. lol
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Here is what I experienced with mine. After riding around for a few months I thought this thing isn't doing a whole lot. So I took it off, and on the very first ride I said, "man I can't believe how much wind I am getting. That little shield was doing a heck of a job". So I put it back on. Recently took it off though because I just love the look of a naked bike, and for cruising the backroads around here I don't need it that much, however it will be going back on for the ride to Arkansas even if MTC does call me a Wi<cough>mp. lol
I agree! I prefer the naked look of it and that's one of the main reasons I bought it.
But 900 miles on a single day on my way to the AR Rally, I will need some wind protection.
Ok, I couldn't wait until mid next week so I put the headlight back and installed the windscreen.
The clearance to the instruments can be easily adjusted by moving it forward and it seems to be very solid once tightened on the headlight side screws. Also good clearance to the top of the headlight.
The bracket is black so you can barely notice it.
It does look like a Honda CB1100 accessory.
I tested in my garage with headlight on and didn't see any reflection on the windscreen.
So far, just positive things to mention.
I am going to do a short ride today and update here with my impressions.
Picture with headlight on.

You have an option to install a garnish face on top of the windscreen:
https://www.j-mart.biz/j-parts/blast-barrier-series-c-1_15_1737_1740/

 
9aeb2487d90e7763309aaad59ca21664.jpg
3c93e9871d4bc7cfdeb6215e838a2f3e.jpg



Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
StefanS_imp said:
9aeb2487d90e7763309aaad59ca21664.jpg
3c93e9871d4bc7cfdeb6215e838a2f3e.jpg



Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
It is a nice one but I don't like the headlight bracket advancing it forward by almost 2".

So, I went for a short ride on a highway and it worked very good! I went up to 75-80 MPH with no issues at all.
The wind is hitting my full face helmet visor and up (I am 5'11") with no buffeting and there is a clear pocket of air on the chest area.
My CB is ready to hit the roads next week for the Rally!
 
Thread starter
On a side note, since I don't like windscreens on any naked bike, I should have ordered a clear one instead of the smoke.
And if anyone is going order this model, it is a two part ordering.
One for the screen itself (includes all mounting pieces) and the other for the pair of brackets that is model specific.
For the CB1100 it is listed as CB1300SF, part number 61381.



Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Most likely, once I am back from the Rally, I will sell this windscreen. I won't get used to the looks of any windscreen on a CB1100.
And I don't have any plans on riding it cross country unless I could do max 400 miles a day.
:biker:
 
HD, sorry if you already said, but where did you buy it?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
HD, sorry if you already said, but where did you buy it?
I believe I didn't post the link. It was with webike.
This one is for the clear screen:
https://japan.webike.net/products/1905465.html
Brackets:
DAYTONA : Blast Barrier / Aero Visor Series Vehicle-Specific Bracket [61381]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
The one that I ordered (smoke):
DAYTONA : Blast Barrier [68305]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
On another site they show other colors:
https://www.j-mart.biz/j-parts/blast-barrier-series-c-1_15_1737_1740/

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
hdvalente_imp said:
On a side note, since I don't like windscreens on any naked bike, I should have ordered a clear one instead of the smoke.
And if anyone is going order this model, it is a two part ordering.
One for the screen itself (includes all mounting pieces) and the other for the pair of brackets that is model specific.
For the CB1100 it is listed as CB1300SF, part number 61381.



Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Most likely, once I am back from the Rally, I will sell this windscreen. I won't get used to the looks of any windscreen on a CB1100.
And I don't have any plans on riding it cross country unless I could do max 400 miles a day.
:biker:

I'll buy it off you once the rally is done. Shoot me a PM :)
 
Thread starter
VAslim16_imp said:
hdvalente_imp said:
On a side note, since I don't like windscreens on any naked bike, I should have ordered a clear one instead of the smoke.
And if anyone is going order this model, it is a two part ordering.
One for the screen itself (includes all mounting pieces) and the other for the pair of brackets that is model specific.
For the CB1100 it is listed as CB1300SF, part number 61381.



Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Most likely, once I am back from the Rally, I will sell this windscreen. I won't get used to the looks of any windscreen on a CB1100.
And I don't have any plans on riding it cross country unless I could do max 400 miles a day.
:biker:

I'll buy it off you once the rally is done. Shoot me a PM :)

I'll buy it off you once the rally is done. Shoot me a PM :) Will do, thanks.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
I've got one of these on order - http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-...es-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles

Don't know if I will like it or not. The mounting hardware showed up, but the screen is on backorder. If necessary, I'll cut it down if the height doesn't suit me. I'll probably post a new thread on how I like it. I've noticed that preferred windscreens are a hot topic here. I haven't seen anyone post on the VFVT model yet.
 
Back
Top