pop up adds at top of page

dailyrider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Why must there be incredibly annoying pop up adds at the top of the page on this site? Every time you click on a link to another page adds pop up and push the page down so you have to scroll up. Please think about putting the adds in a sidebar. They are much less intrusive that way and also easier to navigate and read.
I understand the need for adds but they need to be presented properly.

Thanks
Allan
 
Allan, ads for what? I don't see any pop up ads on my ipad or pc on this site?
 
It sounds like your browser has been infected. I don't have any pop ups using Chrome.
 
I'm not an IT professional, and I don't play one on TV.

Try going to your browser settings and turn on the pop up blocker (or disable pop ups). Depending on your browser it could be under settings or options or something like that. See if that works.
 
No ads for me using any of various PCs or my android phone.
 
No ads for me on any medium on this forum. Suspect it's your browser settings, Dailyrider.
 
If using Chrome or Firefox, get ad block plus....https://adblockplus.org...best thing ever made for a browser...don't think it works on Internet Explorer or Safari.
 
I have no idea what banner ads you might be referring to. If possible, please send me a screen shot of what you're seeing in your browser.
 
In the corner it says "iAd". Sounds like something is up on his IPhone.
 
That looks like it might be an ad displayed by Tapatalk. It's not something being served up by this forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That doesn't look like tapatalk. Looks like an iPhone web browser. Would look at add blocking for iPhone or get an android device.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Sorry not familiar with iphone nor do I want to be.

I do know tapatalk on android devices does not look like that. That is why I said it looked like a web browser. But you know it is iphone so who knows.

Question being, do the ads show up on any other device the OP uses??


Just found this website. If it is tapatalk and ads are showing up check out this link: Ads on Tapatalk now? - About This Message Board - Straight Dope Message Board

Quote:
Forum owners who wish to opt out of Tapatalk ads should log in to the Tapatalk website and disable the ads from there.

It does look like a thing of iphone, possibly iAd from my reading and research. Especially if Guth states he has none on the forum.
 
Back
Top