Poll: What kind of exhaust are you running?

Moriwaki single exhaust slip-on.. sounds a little bit more attitude (opened up after a few weeks) than stock and looks perfectly lean, diagonal shape, not bulbous like stock or midget-ty like lots of others.. classy!
 
Voodoo shorty with stock headers and Cat, it was cheap and gives a nice note, I'm all for louder systems just to let others know that I'm there.
 
Stock for two reasons: One, I like the retro look of the stock pipe, and two, I don't want to pay an "arm and a leg" for an aftermarket pipe.
 
Stock here.
I would not touch it unless I was turning into a totally different style like above. But if I was doing


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Going that route I'd probably start with a different bike.
Look up the southpark episode. "The F word". Pretty funny stuff. Had loud pipes at one point so I admit to being one of "those guys" a while back. To each his own. I like quiet now. My hearing is bad enough. Haha.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Currently stock but considering the Yoshimura RSCV complete exhaust, wish it came in chrome so would blend in with the bike.
Told my wife that the added "growl" would increase my visibility on the highways for safety reasons.
 
The Original exhaust system looks right. I don't like the finish and outlook of any other.
This goes for the 4 in 1 exhaust.

Wisedrum
 
Stock for all the reasons already mentioned. I would suppose the majority of owners run stock and from personal experience I find the stock single exhaust sounds mellow yet does have refined multicylinder superbike sound since all four are using it and it was tuned for that classic cb four sound and I would not change it certainly not to make it look and sound like a single can sport bike.
 
Motogear Black Ti Full System .... somewhere in transit between Japan and SoCal.
Reason Number one : Weight ! ; Reason Number two : Stock System too quiet for getting recognized by other traffic ( lane splitting ... for example ... even when not going crazy like some other squids do here in SoCal )
 
Currently stock, but the Pipemasters 4-4 looks and sounds awesome! But darn, is it pricey.

I also like the Moriwaki 4-2, looks like stock but smaller diameter and still maintains the retro look.
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Currently stock, but the Pipemasters 4-4 looks and sounds awesome! But darn, is it pricey.

I also like the Moriwaki 4-2, looks like stock but smaller diameter and still maintains the retro look.
Just installed the Arrow slip on exhaust and K & N air filter this weekend and removed the baffle. Love the similarities to the stock exhaust just a bit smaller. Rode the bike to local shop after install and it sounds great. Tomorrow is St. Patrick's day and all of Savannah is shut down. Wed evening I should be picking it up with PCV and auto tune installed.

Looks and sound were a big part of my decision, but hoping for a little performance as well.
 
I wonder if there is a correlation between age range and the need to replace stock mufflers and pipes? I would think the woodstock generation would not touch them/it because they bought the CB750/1100 for the way a four sounds already, and instead focus on maybe paint and seats and sissy bars and maybe even some custom bars and fenders and even custom helmets and cruising to Bonnaroo, which is righteous man. But, I could be wrong. It has happened before. I have that day marked down somehere.
 
GPR slip on? Anyone? YouTube video sounds awesome... Please comment if you're running it &, "fit" finish, etc.. Thanks.. Andy in Tucson. Bought a leftover new 2013 three days ago. Stoked.
 
NightRider_imp said:
I wonder if there is a correlation between age range and the need to replace stock mufflers and pipes? I would think the woodstock generation would not touch them/it because they bought the CB750/1100 for the way a four sounds already, and instead focus on maybe paint and seats and sissy bars and maybe even some custom bars and fenders and even custom helmets and cruising to Bonnaroo, which is righteous man. But, I could be wrong. It has happened before. I have that day marked down somehere.

I'm probably one of the few exceptions to this reasonable theory as I'm 26 and I actually prefer the stock pipe on my '13.

The quiet exhaust note doesn't bother me; I've heard worse stock exhaust notes from other modern classic bikes *coughTriumph

And as far as looks go, none of the other current offerings (that I know of) give that classic ujm aesthetic, save for the Staintune- Yoshimura & Two Brothers look like they belong on a CBR, and while the Arrow slip-on almost gave me hope at first glance, the upward bend that's visible past the heat shield looks awkward & is a deal breaker for me.

I love the look and sound of the Staintune, but I'd rather put the $800+ on my other bike that actually needs an exhaust note makeover *coughTriumph
 
Back
Top