Poll: What kind of exhaust are you running?

Jayimpalaman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Okay good people, what kind or brand of exhaust are you running? Why? Power? Looks? Or just sound? Everyone chime-in and lets just see what everyone is running. Thanks a lot. God Bless everyone out there!! And ride safe, watch out for the texters.


Jayimpalaman
 
The poll might be more informative if you also had Stock as an option. As it is it looks like you are assuming we all ditched the stock can for something else (and I didn't and don't plan on it and I think there are a few others).
 
I think it might be useful to ask what brand people are running and include stock as an option also.

Myself, Staintune slip-on. Reasons: Nice sound but not obnoxiously loud, somewhat lighter, smaller but still looks stock, probably gives slightly better cornering clearance, outstanding quality, retains stock heat shield, stainless construction with no need to repack, nice little horsepower and response gains (hard to quantify, no doubt). Downside: Pretty expensive, but still worth it in my opinion.
 
Stock pipes here, I like the way they look, and I am happy with the performance of the bike as is. I don't really care if others can "hear me coming down the road".

Most of my riding is in urban areas and I like the stock exhaust sounds when I can hear them over the wind. Which is enough for me. I also like not hearing them at times as well. :)
 
Staintune is best option in my mind, for all reasons mentioned by Scoobynut. Nice sound, not too obnoxious, looks stock but not so cartoonishly large as the stock pipe, retains stock guard, weighs less (4-5lbs?), provides incremental boost to horsepower and/or throttle response. Also, the Staintune installs easily. I even prefer the single pipe to the new dual pipe 2014 EX model (how much does that additional pipe weigh?). Combine with Type II handlebars to reduce the bike's overall profile (i.e., on the stock bike, the most pronounced chrome extensions are handlebars and pipe...Staintune and Type II bars work nicely together to reduce that profile...IMHO). Throw on a Powercommander V, a Superbrace fork brace and Ohlins rear shocks and you have a nice performance-enhaced CB1100.
 
Stock here too. Like David I appreciate the quiet, and like how they look.
The dual pipe on the Deluxe is extra appealing to me, with the extra pipe giving a balanced look.

BTW the Deluxe gained 30 pounds, 15 pounds of which is the extra pipe I imagine.
The rest made up in the ABS system (8 pounds) 7/10 gallon of gas (thats almost 6 pounds) the 6 th gear and asst shims in the transmission, extra metal in the larger gas tank, metal vs plastic counter sprocket cover, various electronics for the updated instrumentation, etc.
 
Staintune for me as well. Great tone with looks and build quality that perfectly compliment the original CB1100 design — a nice mix of sporty and classy.
 
Stock for me. Like Ferret and David, I enjoy the quiet and the look.
 
Stock at present, Staintune will end up on the machine in some time in the future. I would like to find a nice 4>2 but suspect what I am after does not exist at this stage so will keep my options open.
 
Moriwaki Ti 4x2. Great looking, extreme build quality and sound perfect to me. Even with 2 cans this system is lightweight and I'm very pleased with it.
I voted both.
 
The stock exhaust was just too quiet for my tastes so I bought slightly used Yoshi SS slip-on from a member here. The exhaust note is just about perfect for me, adds some growl and life to the bike but I'm not to happy with the looks. It doesn't quite fit the retro-themed 1100.
Ultimately I wish there was an old-school, black, megaphone 4-into-1 available like a Kerker or V&H. The Nojima exhaust from Samurider is the closest thing I've seen. It is a stunningly beautiful piece but man is it pricey! :s
http://www.samurider.com/?p=18295/#itemImage
 
Inline4_imp said:
The stock exhaust was just too quiet for my tastes so I bought slightly used Yoshi SS slip-on from a member here. The exhaust note is just about perfect for me, adds some growl and life to the bike but I'm not to happy with the looks. It doesn't quite fit the retro-themed 1100.
Ultimately I wish there was an old-school, black, megaphone 4-into-1 available like a Kerker or V&H. The Nojima exhaust from Samurider is the closest thing I've seen. It is a stunningly beautiful piece but man is it pricey! :s
http://www.samurider.com/?p=18295/#itemImage
Yoshimura full system:



Yoshimura RSCV Race Exhaust System Honda CB1100 2013 - RevZilla
 
Staintune exhaust, with a set of Motogear Ti headers shipping from Japan on Monday.

Reason: Looks, Weight Savings, Performance and Sound.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Moriwaki Ti 4x2. Great looking, extreme build quality and sound perfect to me. Even with 2 cans this system is lightweight and I'm very pleased with it.
I voted both.
Hah! So you chucked your main stand. That seems so over the top to toss 2K at a bike like this but OTOH, the bike is so freakin' cool that if it floats yer boat, it's money well-spent.

That is a nice-looking system, is it very loud? I'd guess not given the duals.

I think the CB1100 is just a rock-solid platform whatever you want to do, keep it stock and ride the piss out of it, or throw ten grand at it, you will have a great bike either way.

It ain't my main squeeze but I do find myself looking for reasons to ride it over my high-strung lightweights. Just gives ya that great classic I4 experience.

Oh forgot, my bike, stock s/s all the way. If I was to change it, I'd go with the Staintune and a K&N air filter for performance and looks that match the bike.
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Moriwaki Ti 4x2. Great looking, extreme build quality and sound perfect to me. Even with 2 cans this system is lightweight and I'm very pleased with it.
I voted both.
Hah! So you chucked your main stand. That seems so over the top to toss 2K at a bike like this but OTOH, the bike is so freakin' cool that if it floats yer boat, it's money well-spent.

That is a nice-looking system, is it very loud? I'd guess not given the duals.

I think the CB1100 is just a rock-solid platform whatever you want to do, keep it stock and ride the piss out of it, or throw ten grand at it, you will have a great bike either way.

It ain't my main squeeze but I do find myself looking for reasons to ride it over my high-strung lightweights. Just gives ya that great classic I4 experience.

Oh forgot, my bike, stock s/s all the way. If I was to change it, I'd go with the Staintune and a K&N air filter for performance and looks that match the bike.
RM Thanks, she really did come out great. Looks I love it! Also the performance and handling have improved so much better then I expected over stock.

It has the Staintune tone but not as loud, like you say.
More info with sound clip:
Moriwaki Ti duals
 
Stock for me too... I have no interest in messing with the intake and exhaust on any of my bikes or, for that matter, anything else I own with an engine.
Lama glama_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
The stock exhaust was just too quiet for my tastes so I bought slightly used Yoshi SS slip-on from a member here. The exhaust note is just about perfect for me, adds some growl and life to the bike but I'm not to happy with the looks. It doesn't quite fit the retro-themed 1100.
Ultimately I wish there was an old-school, black, megaphone 4-into-1 available like a Kerker or V&H. The Nojima exhaust from Samurider is the closest thing I've seen. It is a stunningly beautiful piece but man is it pricey! :s
http://www.samurider.com/?p=18295/#itemImage
Yoshimura full system:



Yoshimura RSCV Race Exhaust System Honda CB1100 2013 - RevZilla
Yoshimura full system:



Yoshimura RSCV Race Exhaust System Honda CB1100 2013 - RevZilla
I think that black exhaust compliments the engine... It looks like it 'belongs' almost better than the stock unit. Good looking bike.
 
Back
Top