Sprout_imp
First service completed
My rear brake works as expected--- 8K miles no issues VIN 1427
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
This same kind of "pulsing" you are describing has happened to me with some of our cars. It usually means that a brake rotor is thicker and thinner in various places around the rotor, thereby causing the pulsing sensation. With cars the mechanics typically machine the rotor to true it up into a plane again. Not sure if this is possible with smaller, more delicate MC brake rotors.specialist8_imp said:I read this whole thread and I haven't heard anyone say they felt a spazzing of the pedal like I do. My rear brake actually works fine regarding stopping power, I can engage it and slow down but the vibration of the pedal makes me worried about using it too much.
What year and model is your CB, Sprout?Sprout_imp said:My rear brake works as expected--- 8K miles no issues VIN 1427

D) this is how I see the rear brake situation. The rear brake on the CB (non ABS) is more than adequate for the job. It will lock up in a "test the rear brake" situation at low speed. If it doesn't, really stamp on it and see what happens. Good luck and don't blame me. You need to lay off the double talk sir.The ferret_imp said:This thread originated in 2013 and the bikes were just coming into the US.several of us we having issues with the non ABS rear brakes on our 2013 standards at the time, particularly with the power or progressiveness of the brakes. It was discovered that some were not bled properly at the factory and that time. Proper bleeding insured a proper feeling in the brake. Not sure any of the 2014 riders have experienced this issue, at least none that I have read about.
Again never an issue with front brakes on any year model, and only a limited numbers of 2013 standards were affected.
