Pirelli Angels - $25 gift cert on Revzilla

Yap, both from last weeks of: December/rear and October/front
That's OK.
Have a safe and pleasant riding!
 
Thread starter
Just checked mine as I was putting my cover on for the day. One from China, one from Germany. On a Japanese bike.

Sorta like my European Ford assembled in Mexico and sold in the U.S.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Just checked mine as I was putting my cover on for the day. One from China, one from Germany. On a Japanese bike.

Sorta like my European Ford assembled in Mexico and sold in the U.S.
on another subject, I was watching Mad Max for the first time in years the other day. I laughed out loud. :beerchug:
 
At least you guys, got an international bike, BC0011 :P

P.S. My CB1100 has only two things made not in Japan: gasoline and the owner/rider :banana:
 
Thread starter
Inhouse, I watched all of the Mad Max movies during my isolation. Gotta love them. I wore my "Jim Goose tribute" helmet to work today!
International bike? Sort of like my British Triumph assembled in Malaysia... that I used Japanese valve shims on a few miles back?
 
I'm loving the new Pierellis. Only put about 50 miles on them so far but they feel great and turn into a corner much easier than the original Bridgestones.

Question though... I noticed my speedometer bouncing a bit between 40 and 50mph when I was just out riding. I don't remember that happening before I changed the tires. Did I possibly put the rear tire on wrong somehow?
 
Check the tone ring and make sure you didn’t bend it. Check the sensor for damage too.
 
I ordered my set yesterday at the Honda dealer in Asheville. Now i need to wait about a week until they come in!
 
Thread starter
Quote:Check the tone ring and make sure you didn’t bend it. Check the sensor for damage too.
Interesting that you mention that, Popgun. When I called my shop to schedule my tire installation, he specifically asked me if I had ABS. I took that as a signal that they might be looking to avoid damage to the speedo sensor ring. Just to be on the safe side, I removed mine before I took the wheels in.
 
There is a spec for the sensor/ring gap. Don't have access to it right at the moment though. You might check that.
 
WSS/VSS (front & rear) air gap = 0.4 - 1.2 mm (0.02 - 0.05 in), also clean it and check for too much of magnetic debris on the sensor or if slot ring is bent after tires re-re.

P.S. Unlike Lord Popgun, I have all the specs in my head.....momentarily after reading my shop manual :P:D
:beerchug:
 
The A-man_imp said:
I ordered my set yesterday at the Honda dealer in Asheville. Now i need to wait about a week until they come in!
Amos , are you riding your bike to MR or bringing the wheels in ?
Perhaps we can meet up for coffee/drink /lunch ?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Check the tone ring and make sure you didn’t bend it. Check the sensor for damage too.
Looks like I am an idiot and definitely bent the tone/pulser ring when installing the rear tire. It doesn't look too hard to replace so I will try to track down a new one and hope I didn't damage the sensor or any other parts since I rode a bit with the ring bent. Thanks for the tip Popgun!
 
Glad you found it! For a 2013 the pulser ring is ~$54 and the speed sensor is ~$132. Those are on-line prices on partsfish.com Other sites may charge less. Dealer prices are higher.

Unless you see damage on the sensor I'd just change the ring, check/set the gap and give it try first. Since it is measuring speed, it is most likely ok.
 
Back
Top