Pirelli Angels - $25 gift cert on Revzilla

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hey all,

I just saw that Revzilla is offering a $25 gift card with the purchase of Pirelli Angels. I still need tires, so I'm probably going to finally snag this deal. I called them to get details, and got the hint - it's $25 per order, so their rep sort of mentioned that if you placed an order for each tire, you could feasibly get two gift cards. The deal is running through July.
 
Thread starter
A follow up FYI - I just ordered a front tire.

To get the $25 "E Gift card", you need to click on the Angel GT item on the site, and information will come up about the $25 promotion. You need to actually add the $25 gift card to your shopping cart to get it, then enter the promo code pirelli25.

If you just enter the promo code without selecting the gift card as a separate item, it will say that the code is invalid.

Also, when I got the confirming email, it said "Congratulations, you received an E Gift Card" with the amount showing $0. I called them and they apologized, and added the $25 credit manually.

If you buy one, pay attention to your confirming email, and make sure it shows a gift card balance of $25. If it does not, call them.

I plan on waiting a while (next paycheck) and buying the rear tire to get the second promo bucks.
 
These have excellent reviews and mostly for power sport and sport touring....wonder about their longevity for the CB1100, any reports from other members with different bikes???
Would be interested in them.
 
I've loved the Angel GTs, and will probably take advantage of this deal. I think RevZilla is doing this to clear out their current Angel GT stock, as the tires have been discontinued by Pirelli and are getting aged in the warehouse.

It's a real shame that the Angel GT2s aren't offered in 18-inch wheel sizes.
 
Thread starter
I pulled the trigger on my rear tire last night. A resurgence of COVID cases in L.A. County forced the re-closure of the Petersen Museum (after reopening for two weeks. The museum is the source of my motorcycle/toy budget, so I figured buy now while I still can)

Here's a trick - since I bought the front tire earlier in the day and got the $25 E-gift certificate, it automatically applied that $25 to the purchase of the rear tire. Plus, I got another $25 E-gift certificate on the rear tire.

But, as with the front, the confirmation email showed the gift cert balance as $0, and I had to call them to get them to change it to $25, so if you grab this deal, watch your email and make sure you get the $25.
 
Just ordered a set of GT's for the CB.

While on check out, I entered the coupon Pirelli25, and the total was adjusted by $25 on each purchase. So I ended up paying $117(F) & $138® after taxes to CA.
:thumbsup:
 
what a great deal. I pay more than that for 1 rear Michelin for my FJR
 
Bought a set. Looks like these are being replaced by the Angel 2's, which I will never buy because they have a double groove in the middle of the front tire. I'm buying these to dump the OEM Bridgestone that has a groove that makes my front end wobble on rain grooves. I'm amazed they screwed up the new ones by adding those grooves. In 5 minutes of reading reviews on the 2's I found 4 people complaining about wobble, including one begging people not to buy them lol.
 
Crazyirv, I think you'll be spared the Angel GT2s as, when I looked, I couldn't see they came in a size to fit the CB1100.
 
Just bought a set also. I had to order each one individually in order to get the $25.00 coupon code applied to each one. Nice savings, now to see when they get here what the date code on them is.
 
Thread starter
The date codes I got on mine were week 04 and week 44 of 2019. Not shabby. Just left my Corona Bunker, trying to get ‘em scheduled for installation.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
The date codes I got on mine were week 04 and week 44 of 2019. Not shabby. Just left my Corona Bunker, trying to get ‘em scheduled for installation.
How was that?

I'm getting mines mounted tmrw... Will check back with results later
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
A follow up FYI - I just ordered a front tire.

To get the $25 "E Gift card", you need to click on the Angel GT item on the site, and information will come up about the $25 promotion. You need to actually add the $25 gift card to your shopping cart to get it, then enter the promo code pirelli25.

If you just enter the promo code without selecting the gift card as a separate item, it will say that the code is invalid.

Also, when I got the confirming email, it said "Congratulations, you received an E Gift Card" with the amount showing $0. I called them and they apologized, and added the $25 credit manually.

If you buy one, pay attention to your confirming email, and make sure it shows a gift card balance of $25. If it does not, call them.

I plan on waiting a while (next paycheck) and buying the rear tire to get the second promo bucks.
I did what you said and I also signed up for Zilla bucks. So I got an extra $5. So I got them both for $249.09, shipped.
 
Here's a fun fact and something I learned just 2 days ago- CycleGear(select locations) will mount & balance tires for $25 a pop(+valve & disposal fee) IF you buy tires from them, OR Revzilla/JP Cycles. Obviously you'd have to get the wheels off yourself and bring them in to get the job done, but depending where you are in the country, this may not be a bad option

908199fafeabfe0a64eedad97a283458.jpg


Thoughts on tires: Way better than stock IMO. Night and day difference for me since my old set was completely worn out. Bike turns easier and feels planted to the ground, haven't gotten the chance to take the bike through the mountains yet to see how they perform in the twisties, but so far so good during the 40 miles I've put on them since install
 
redbirds_imp said:
Let us know how they work out Ken.
Sure thing. Now I am wishing Honda had made these rims in a 17".
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Here's a fun fact and something I learned just 2 days ago- CycleGear(select locations) will mount & balance tires for $25 a pop(+valve & disposal fee) IF you buy tires from them, OR Revzilla/JP Cycles. Obviously you'd have to get the wheels off yourself and bring them in to get the job done, but depending where you are in the country, this may not be a bad option

908199fafeabfe0a64eedad97a283458.jpg


Thoughts on tires: Way better than stock IMO. Night and day difference for me since my old set was completely worn out. Bike turns easier and feels planted to the ground, haven't gotten the chance to take the bike through the mountains yet to see how they perform in the twisties, but so far so good during the 40 miles I've put on them since install
Are you sure about them changing them for that price? I have one in my location and will ask. That would be awesome. Currently I have a place that will do it for $35.
 
Sadly, not all Cycle Gear locations do tire mounting. Ours doesn't. It'd be awesome if they did because they are less than two miles from the house. And my favorite locally owned shop just got absorbed by the evil multi-dealership corporation in the area. Harrumph.
 
Correct. Not all CycleGear locations offer tire mounting, apparently it's only their busier locations that have the machines from what I saw.

Cost for the service is $50 per tire when you bring your own rubber, and then you get 50% off when you buy from them/Revzilla/JP Cycles, making it $25 per tire. I was also charged for old tire disposal & valve/weights, so add another ~$20 for a grand total of ~$70ish, again pricing may vary slightly based on state.

I live in the Bay area where any and all motorcycle shops want to rip you a new one. I was quoted as low as $140 and as high as $200 for the job, then I found out about the cycle gear option so I just went for it, although I did have to remove my own wheels. I thought it was reasonable all things considered.
 
Back
Top