Pirelli Angels - $25 gift cert on Revzilla

There are a constant stream of queries on Facebook groups asking who does tire installs around here. My thinking is that "If you build it they will come." Cycle Gear Springfield, get a machine and a tech and the world will beat a path to your door.
 
Thread starter
$140-$200 for a tire swap? Dang, I thought Southern California was bad. My guy charges $40 a piece for walk-in swaps if you don't buy from him, but he's the only guy in Orange County who hasn't boogered up my rims doing the job, which makes it worth it for me.

And, since he hasn't been returning my calls, business must be good... or he's closed... oh crap.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
$140-$200 for a tire swap? Dang, I thought Southern California was bad. My guy charges $40 a piece for walk-in swaps if you don't buy from him, but he's the only guy in Orange County who hasn't boogered up my rims doing the job, which makes it worth it for me.

And, since he hasn't been returning my calls, business must be good... or he's closed... oh crap.
Yup, guess they cater exclusively to the wallets of the Silicon Valley Ducati douches :rofl:

Might be worth noting that I could've driven 35 miles to Hayward and probably found something cheaper, but then there goes half my day and precious time to get other things done in my case.

All in all CycleGear is a decent option provided you don't have any other alternatives and you can take off your own wheels
 
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Correct. Not all CycleGear locations offer tire mounting, apparently it's only their busier locations that have the machines from what I saw.

Cost for the service is $50 per tire when you bring your own rubber, and then you get 50% off when you buy from them/Revzilla/JP Cycles, making it $25 per tire. I was also charged for old tire disposal & valve/weights, so add another ~$20 for a grand total of ~$70ish, again pricing may vary slightly based on state.

I live in the Bay area where any and all motorcycle shops want to rip you a new one. I was quoted as low as $140 and as high as $200 for the job, then I found out about the cycle gear option so I just went for it, although I did have to remove my own wheels. I thought it was reasonable all things considered.
Looks like they got bought out, and the company that owns them now also owns Revzilla, and J&P Cycles. Two thumbs up for me, because I have one locally. Retire showed up today. Expect the front in a day, or so.
 
Got my Angel GTs. The front tire shows a date of the 19th week of 2019 and was made in Germany. The rear tire shows a date of 51st week of 2019 and was made in China. "Italian" tires not made in Italy for sure.
 
Hm... I think you gonna have dog tracking problem with these tires...due to fact that Germany and China are located on different parallel :P
 
Thread starter
So, with so many things going on in my orbit, I hadn't had the chance to have my new Pirellis mounted. But, fate intervened, and told me it was time. I went to move the CB to get to my car, and the rear was flat. Had a nice little nail in it. No wonder my last ride home felt a bit weird.

Finally connected with my usual tire swap shop, called Riders Revelation in Costa Mesa and got the new tires mounted. I put them back on today and went for a quick scrub-in ride.

This shop found a pretty innovative way of doing "no-contact" business with the current situation. On the front counter, there was a computer, printer, webcam, speakers and credit card scanner. The screen saver on the computer said to please call a phone number. The shop owner answered and came up on the screen. He was working from home, but had a tech working in the back shop area. He had me put my new tires and my wheels near the front desk.

I came back today to pick them up. The newly mounted wheels were leaning against the counter. The shop owner came up on the computer screen, and had me scan my credit card, and he sent a receipt to the printer on the counter. I grabbed the wheels and was on my way. Pretty interesting.
 
Sounds like a pretty good experience. Crazy to see all these small business quickly adopt new technologies and processes during the COVID era.

What are your thoughts on the tires so far?

I'll be checking tire pressures and heading to La Honda later on today to put a nick on the "Angel" imprint on the chicken strips :biker:
 
Thread starter
So far, so good. Like any brand new tire, I guess, they felt really weird rolling out of my garage, but started to feel better the more I rode. I probably put about 10 miles on them.
 
So unfortunately I ran into some clearing issues during yesterday's ride in La Honda :s

This is a far as I was able to go before my new pipes decided to get in the way and almost make me eat sh*t in one of the fun twisties. Definitely threw me off for the remainder of the ride :dodgy:

5867a24cb93ac8b70f52d30fe5701e18.jpg

1c833a1826d25060bb89359507e45c29.jpg


This issue aside, pretty good feedback from the tires so far..
 
Those Yoshi's don't have a lot of clearance.
 
They're actually de-badged Moriwaki's, one of the 1-piece versions of their 4-1. Though they both do look quite similar- any reviews on the 2?

Whatever the case- yes, less clearance which I'm not a fan of. Guess I'll have to continue looking for pipes :(
 
I know it's been a complaint of the Yoshi owners on the forum
 
Something is odd there- because I can swear I remember reading that the Moriwaki 4-1 was the official Honda performance exhaust option.

Can’t imagine them having something like that happen to a part they endorse and sell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
That rings a bell with me too Dubs.
 
Yes, they are two different companies and the Moriwaki exhaust are very well made and fit perfectly as they are the Honda official after market exhaust company.
 
I think y'all might be up to something. I'm under the assumption that this is a Moriwaki set due to the fact that it was listed as such, and also because I've never looked at the 2 side to side to know the differences myself.

I hate to get so off-topic from the original thread, but I've snapped the pictures below in hopes that all the CB gurus on here could chime in and help me determine the origin of the unknown pipes. Mods feel free to move this side discussion as you deem appropriate
b892bf969f428f8a6e85c360c80212bf.jpg

2cea246262fa696086afcbaeac94c48b.jpg

1a7c7e65ba21b47ac3215179a7129034.jpg

11781991f2eb30e162fa617b07bcec75.jpg
 
I was able to order a set from Revzilla for ~$260 shipped to IL. It was interesting to me that the front tire was made in Germany while the rear tire was made in China. Both were manufactured toward the end of 2019. I hope to get the wheels dropped off to my local shop today!

af99fd17c618386c1809ab7407f9abad.jpg


364c9fbea0c166060372715ab6c63900.jpg


7d18941ae8d248a50585a5be576114fe.jpg


3feed9fadb42ffeea7abc8f9991f34e3.jpg


57037ec911e7ca0342c2d326b244d6cd.jpg
 
Back
Top