tj_gee_imp
Running like a top
How's the frunk working out, ferret?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
"The Ferret" you look mighty good on that Nighthawk. How long did you have it?The ferret_imp said:LOL that's my younger brother. He's 68. He rides a 2016 Triumph Bonneville T-120 now, but like me he's been riding since the late 60's and has had everything from Guzzi's to Goldwings to XT 500 Yamaha's, to 650 Yamahas to CX 650 Honda to 900 Kawasaki. Started out of a Sears moped .Former AMA professional flat tracker. Certified Yamaha/Guzzi mechanic for 7 years and retired firefighter after 22 years. We have ridden hundreds of thousands of miles together.
Our two retro bikes side by side
![]()
Here we are headed to Gatlinberg in 1972 on his Guzzi Eldorado
![]()
On the Blue Ridge Parkway in 1981 with his Kaw and my Suzuki
![]()
On his (formerly mine) 2003 Bonnie and I'm on a 2000 750 Nighthawk
![]()
Men's Fall Trip with me, my nephew, my son's father in law, my son and my brother
![]()

Nice nighthawk! My first bike was a 93 nighthawk 750. Great bike.The ferret_imp said:clearview, I had it a few years. It had a lot of nice things about it. No smog stuff, easy to put pads on and bleed the single front disc and put drum rear shoes on it. I ran a clip masterlink chain so that was easy to replace. I loved the hydraulic valves. I put a plexi fairing on it. All in all a good bike.
![]()
A I doubt I'd even TRY and hit 60 in second. I don't do that on my CB. And yes the DCT is in 6th by about 45 in std mode.Dude_imp said:Nice nighthawk! My first bike was a 93 nighthawk 750. Great bike.The ferret_imp said:clearview, I had it a few years. It had a lot of nice things about it. No smog stuff, easy to put pads on and bleed the single front disc and put drum rear shoes on it. I ran a clip masterlink chain so that was easy to replace. I loved the hydraulic valves. I put a plexi fairing on it. All in all a good bike.
![]()
I wish honda would come out with another 750.
Are you able to hit 60mph in second gear on the nc? I have been eyeing the blue nc750 myself.
Edit: you have the dct version so I imagine it is already in top gear by 60
The earlier 2009+ Aprilia Mana had a foot shift by wire as well as paddle shifters. I basically never used it. But, it was a smooth as heck. The paddle switches were faster to use.Stichill_imp said:It might have been cool if Honda did a "shift by wire" foot lever instead of the handlebar buttons. Would be more natural and quick to deploy.
Tap down, tap up for manual mode
Push and hold (up or down) to go back to D
Frunk is huge, just swallows up stuff lol. Like a giant built in tank bag that's not as accessible lol.tj_gee_imp said:How's the frunk working out, ferret?
Holy crap that is awesome! That mpg is better than most 300cc scooters lol. Is it buzzy at 70 or just overall smooth throughout?The ferret_imp said:Yes, it is efficient. Fast it's not.... considering I traded in a 145 hp Yamaha FJR lol. It does cruise nicely at 70 mph though.
70 is 3750 rpm thereabouts
![]()
60 about 3200
![]()
55 about 2700
![]()
I rode 81 miles today. Filled it up after going through it's first full tank of gas, went 185 miles used 2.49 gallons of fuel, so averaged 74 miles per gallon. Also got it's first ride in the rain. Being pretty didn't last long lol
Also today I neither reached for the clutch lever or moved my foot over to shift not even once. I did blow the horn trying to cancel my turn signal lol.

It's not buzzy because it's a 270 degree twin which means at low rpms it's lumpy like a V twin but smooths out as rpms and speed increases. It's actually quite comfortable at 65-70 mph, which is as fast as I have ridden so far. But it will probably never see over 80 with me on it.Dude_imp said:Holy crap that is awesome! That mpg is better than most 300cc scooters lol. Is it buzzy at 70 or just overall smooth throughout?The ferret_imp said:Yes, it is efficient. Fast it's not.... considering I traded in a 145 hp Yamaha FJR lol. It does cruise nicely at 70 mph though.
70 is 3750 rpm thereabouts
![]()
60 about 3200
![]()
55 about 2700
![]()
I rode 81 miles today. Filled it up after going through it's first full tank of gas, went 185 miles used 2.49 gallons of fuel, so averaged 74 miles per gallon. Also got it's first ride in the rain. Being pretty didn't last long lol
Also today I neither reached for the clutch lever or moved my foot over to shift not even once. I did blow the horn trying to cancel my turn signal lol.
Just dont forget about your clutch when you hop on your CB![]()
Willmarth_imp said:Thanks for the detailed info on the NC750 DCT and the priceless pictures of you and your brother. Love the old Guzzi and Nighthawk. I have 8,000 miles on this DCT Wing and it took a few thousand miles to get used to it. Now I consider it magic.
https://i.vgy.me/HtcDXl.jpg[/img]]
Willmarth_imp said:Thanks for the detailed info on the NC750 DCT and the priceless pictures of you and your brother. Love the old Guzzi and Nighthawk. I have 8,000 miles on this DCT Wing and it took a few thousand miles to get used to it. Now I consider it magic.
https://i.vgy.me/HtcDXl.jpg[/img]]
Willmarth_imp said:Thanks for the detailed info on the NC750 DCT and the priceless pictures of you and your brother. Love the old Guzzi and Nighthawk. I have 8,000 miles on this DCT Wing and it took a few thousand miles to get used to it. Now I consider it magic.
https://i.vgy.me/HtcDXl.jpg[/img]]