We're back on the Horse!!

Jonnyteabag_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi all.
Just a quick post to say that Mrs JT and I are back on two wheels after our big off in Aug 2023.
We are both 95% healed and to be fair the other 5% I guess we will have live with. We were able to venture back out on the bike late on in the summer as here in the UK the summer weather was extremely poor until later in the year around late July/early August. So between other chores we were able to try out riding once again during what was left of the weather and so far so good.

Don't think we will be setting off to do any Iron Butt rides any time soon but we have been trying out our favourite routes and will probably build up to longer rides next year. The gamble of keeping the bikes has proved a good move as being too hasty and selling up would have now be seen as being a massive mistake.

Whilst we were out on our last ride back in August I noticed one of those pro-photographers at a hairpin on one of the more famous passes in the North of England (Hartside Pass). Didn't think much about it until I found my snaps on-line and ordered up a couple to be framed. I'll attach the pics here for your critique.
76935f1e408aff9806027c17fe474a55.jpg


07c29824fb97de5fe242d733d7ae30b9.jpg


Stay safe folks!!

JT
 
It is wonderful and inspiring to see you both doing so well. Breathtakingly beautiful pictures. Take care and very glad you are on the motorcycle again. David
 
Great to read that you are both doing much better. The photos capture a lot of the fun-ness essence of riding. Very worthy of framing.
 
Very nice action pictures. It’s a shame the RS never made it to the colonies. I might have been motivated to purchase one.
 
Jonnyteabag_imp said:
Hi all.
Just a quick post to say that Mrs JT and I are back on two wheels after our big off in Aug 2023.
We are both 95% healed and to be fair the other 5% I guess we will have live with. We were able to venture back out on the bike late on in the summer as here in the UK the summer weather was extremely poor until later in the year around late July/early August. So between other chores we were able to try out riding once again during what was left of the weather and so far so good.

Don't think we will be setting off to do any Iron Butt rides any time soon but we have been trying out our favourite routes and will probably build up to longer rides next year. The gamble of keeping the bikes has proved a good move as being too hasty and selling up would have now be seen as being a massive mistake.

Whilst we were out on our last ride back in August I noticed one of those pro-photographers at a hairpin on one of the more famous passes in the North of England (Hartside Pass). Didn't think much about it until I found my snaps on-line and ordered up a couple to be framed. I'll attach the pics here for your critique.
76935f1e408aff9806027c17fe474a55.jpg


07c29824fb97de5fe242d733d7ae30b9.jpg


Stay safe folks!!

JT
Well done!
 
Good to hear!

Glad that despite a long recovery, you’re getting back in the saddle and not hanging it up.

The pics remind me that somewhere, I have some similar shots of me rounding “The Snake” in Malibu. The professional photographer stood under the Tree of Shame on the inside of the corner taking pics of bikes and sports cars.

The tree was adorned with the remains of fairings and Miata bumpers.
 
I suppose "big off in August" means there was metal bent and skin engraved ? Really glad to hear you're both back and happy. Safe rides and good luck to you !!!
 
Welcome back to the saddle, JTB. It’s good news you and Mrs JT have mended well. Great pictures.
 
Thread starter
The Gecko_imp said:
I suppose "big off in August" means there was metal bent and skin engraved ? Really glad to hear you're both back and happy. Safe rides and good luck to you !!!
You could say that... We went from this....
f1b80bc31ebe46df1d2a5a08da8dcc3e.jpg

To This....
6c86ddf3cfa6473130abc67617f564d1.jpg

f84f9518e751b00e23c2df00435914a4.jpg

In the blink of an eye!

Resulting in this...
cc91fb7bf16e0109677374c7287fd837.png

Broken back at T12.

Poor Mrs JT suffered 7 Broken ribs.
Unfortunately our great Free British Health Service missed this slight injury on my back and sent me home with knock out pain killers and recommended taking "a hot bath" for pain relief!!. So for 12 weeks I hobbled around with a broken back none the wiser..My, how I did laugh!!

JT
 
JT It is so good to see you in such good spirits after such a close call. That picture of your spine looks awful. Your spirit is inspiring. I wish you many more miles of safe fun.
 
Thread starter
The most pain I felt however was the smack in the plums I received from the gas tank! That was hard enough to leave a dent!...Jeez THAT WAS PAINFUL! My gentleman's parts turned the colour of red onions....(were close to the size too! )

Apologies if I'm little graphic there but Mrs Jt can laugh about it now! Don't know if I share her amusement tho...

Thanks for the kinds words people, we appreciate them.
Stay safe
JT
 
Late to check in but glad to hear you and Mrs Jt didnt check out.

Welcome back. Have fun, ride safe.
 
Free Brits Health Service - yum. Isn't this a reason to buy better insurance or emigrate ?

Had an "almost" encounter of such kind this summer. Near my house is an intersection where you arrive to a stop. Main traffic goes over a shallow hill from left to right, or right to left in front of you. Speed limit is 45. I check left and right and left again - all clear - and turn left. A second later, end of my left turn, I "feel" a fender next to my knee, and hear squealing brakes. The guy must have crossed hill and intersection at 80+, so I couldn't see him. There was a b s o l u t e l y nothing I could have done.
Drugs ? booze ? stupidity ?
Luckily my guardian angel was on duty.
 
Wow glad it turned out ok Gecko

I had a guy on a riding mower going down the left side of the road also a 45 mph zone, pull a U turn and end up right in front of me today...hard brakes! He sheepishly gave me the sorry sign while dipping his head.

It's always something or someone trying to get us
 
Blimey! Glad you’re both ok Gecko and Ferret.
 
Back
Top