White Dog_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Anyone had any success spray painting chrome--like black paint? Will it stick?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The answer is powdercoat. The item will get sanded to a base - possibly bare metal, then electro-sprayed with a paint powder, then baked in an oven apx 450 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. This assumes the part is capable of taking the heat. No rubber, oil, seals, ... Depending on where you go, who you know, inexpensive or $$$.White Dog_imp said:Anyone had any success spray painting chrome--like black paint? Will it stick?
I'll accept the first sentence. The rest of your post is just garbage.EGAlvarez_imp said:I would go with a removable spray first just to be sure you like it. I can't believe that any red blooded American would want to get rid of chrome! What's wrong with you!? :rofl:
DipYourCar - World Famous Paints & Coatings

MTrying to get my chrome pegs and mounts black to match the Motech bars and black engine.Tom CUX_imp said:Moini:hello:
why painting?
perhaps you can foiling it!
it's durable and there no damage to the chromfinish, because you can remove it:idea:
it's available in all colors! May be you can do it by yourself!
Have a nice day
TM
I think I can block off areas I don't want sprayed and just do the mounting clamps, arms and pegs while they are in position on the cycle. Plastidip is the most accessible to me, as I live no more than 10 minutes from Lowes. I could have black pegs by this time tomorrow, but I'll probably wait until Saturday. Too much humidity around right now. Have had hard rain so far today and more is on the way. Power coating is probably the best idea thus far but the cost is prohibitive and there is always a timing issue.JF Coastal_imp said:Please post pictures after completed. I'm going through the same debate. Plastidip isn't the solution for me... I tried it, but too dificult for fine work. Plus if you remove parts to plastidip nicely, you have to re attach everything. tightening of any bolts will stretch / twist/ rip. .. all the nice work you did with the plastidip.
Paint or powder coat seem to be the only solution in my book. If it is a part that isn't heated during operation or constantly abused (Foot pegs). I believe the best solution would be to lightly sand the chrome and to spray paint it.
