Over swing-arm #7

ACK,

You sure enjoy your mods, must be the water in Nantucket:)
Did you buy it for looks, stiffness or weight??
Get that installed with some pic's.
 
Thread starter
Nothing much to do out here, install this weekend I hope.
For the weight. It will improve the ride and help the handling a little. The Ohlins will work better keeping a lighter swingarm under control. I might have to lower my preload some.
 
I've been lowering the work my shocks have to do as well. Lost 12 # so far, 5 more to go. Oh and gained 1.2 HP in the process.

Seriuosly..... that is one GOOD looking swingarm!
 
why the type 10?! what is the extra support for? Yes I saw it.. goddammit... hahaha I will wait until I get my Sproket cover from OVER racing first to see if i NEED to change the clutch cover. hahaha
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
why the type 10?! what is the extra support for? Yes I saw it.. goddammit... hahaha I will wait until I get my Sproket cover from OVER racing first to see if i NEED to change the clutch cover. hahaha
Just for looks, that's all. That #10 is braced to handle 200 horse.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I've been lowering the work my shocks have to do as well. Lost 12 # so far, 5 more to go. Oh and gained 1.2 HP in the process.

Seriuosly..... that is one GOOD looking swingarm!
Agreed, beautifully crafted...!

btw hows that leg coming mr Ferret..?
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Stock swingarm is 23.8 lbs.
I would be interested to hear how difficult of a task it is to perform this swing arm mod. Also are you planning for a wider tire, carbon fibre wheels etc.

D
 
Thread starter
I would be interested to hear how difficult of a task it is to perform this swing arm mod. Also are you planning for a wider tire, carbon fibre wheels etc.
D
[/QUOTE]

D,
Not a tough at all, went very smooth. Took almost 2 hours taking my time.
I do plan on going to a 160 when I get the spoked wheels. The rear is a 4.5" up from the stock 4".
 
So the swing arm raised you up? hmmm not what I am looking for, in fact when i get shocks they are getting lowered an inch. did you have the option for how high the swing arm raised you?


pictures homie!!!!
 
silascopathic_imp said:
So the swing arm raised you up? hmmm not what I am looking for, in fact when i get shocks they are getting lowered an inch. did you have the option for how high the swing arm raised you?


pictures homie!!!!
I think he was saying that his new rear spoke wheel will be 4.5 inches wide vs. the stock rear wheel at 4 inches wide. Not that the swing arm was higher. Correct??

Chip
 
Thread starter
ChipBeck_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
So the swing arm raised you up? hmmm not what I am looking for, in fact when i get shocks they are getting lowered an inch. did you have the option for how high the swing arm raised you?


pictures homie!!!!
I think he was saying that his new rear spoke wheel will be 4.5 inches wide vs. the stock rear wheel at 4 inches wide. Not that the swing arm was higher. Correct??

Chip
Correct. This arm has the same ID as stock so you don't need the swing-arm to do it. It's just cool and light. I took 5mm out of the preload and it rides 2 times smoother than with just the Ohlins. The ride now is like night and day compared to stock. The back feels planted and smooth over bumps like my 07 BMW 1200RT-P and that's saying something. Not cost affective at all but at least there are some functional gains to go with the coolness.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
ChipBeck_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
So the swing arm raised you up? hmmm not what I am looking for, in fact when i get shocks they are getting lowered an inch. did you have the option for how high the swing arm raised you?


pictures homie!!!!
I think he was saying that his new rear spoke wheel will be 4.5 inches wide vs. the stock rear wheel at 4 inches wide. Not that the swing arm was higher. Correct??

Chip
Correct. This arm has the same ID as stock so you don't need the swing-arm to do it. It's just cool and light. I took 5mm out of the preload and it rides 2 times smoother than with just the Ohlins. The ride now is like night and day compared to stock. The back feels planted and smooth over bumps like my 07 BMW 1200RT-P and that's saying something. Not cost affective at all but at least there are some functional gains to go with the coolness.
Not surprised. A 13+ lb. reduction in unsprung weight should definitely make a difference in handling (particularly over bumps). If your spoked wheels are lighter than stock, you should expect more of the same when you get them installed.
 
Back
Top