OK, let me try this again, but after the fact. Made it back last night from a 5,500 mile trip to Illinois and back. I posted a ride report at advrider.com but that was with the cell phone and I think if you you're not registered at adv then all you can see are the thumbs as mentioned above. I'm going to take more time and post my favorite pics from the ride by day now that I've got my own computer again. Started Aug 25...
Oregon / Washington, along the Columbia
Day 1
I rode from Gresham, OR to Coeur d'Alene. After 100 miles I started thinking, why am I doing this trip? Why not just fly out to see my mom and family? By day's end, that question seemed silly. I had 3 weeks plus if needed, just enjoy it all. If anything really came up, park bike somewhere and fly out to see her, worry about details later. Before Spokane...
Wheat fields! I grew up in Kansas and love agriculture and flat lands for the beauty they are
The next morning, I was on the road 7am, perfect weather, and wanted to arrive in Billings, MT to visit an ol' friend
Headed east on hiway 90 and felt like a kid in a candy store with the outrageous views through the C.d'Alene Natl. Forest. Ride or stop to take photos? I could have stopped every 30 seconds, a theme for me throughout the trip, but I did have to get places too. Fairly warm weather riding, shorts under my mc pants, a t-shirt under my mc jacket and boots, light gloves. Just a lovely morning.