OMG check out this beautiful W650 desert sled

Yeah.....that thing is a looker for sure. I wish they would post some specs like weight. 20 minutes after I received the keys that “desert sled”would be tearing down a dirt/gravel road with me on it’s back.
 
Thread starter
Looks so classic. Tank lines are awesome. If you were around in the late 60s early 70s, a lot of Triumph twins were set up just like this for desert riding.
 
Very pretty, but engine guards, centerstand, and rubber footpegs don't quite jive with desert sled to me. Unless he is thinking of the Sahara desert :-/
 
not gonna lie, this is one of the best looking motorcycles I've ever put my eyes on.. what a masterpiece! if only it had a 250cc 2 stroke....... :D
 
That's a "park it in my living room" sort of bike.

I'd just need some help to drag it up the stairs to my living room.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's a "park it in my living room" sort of bike.

I'd just need some help to drag it up the stairs to my living room.
A real scrambler could be ridden up the stairs. :dodgy:
 
pekingduck_imp said:
What's with that rear brake hose? Looks like some home-made bodge, except it's from the factory.
I have to agree with PD. It’s like they said “hey, we forgot the brake line, do one quick”. :D
 
I saw desert sled...and honestly after the last 15-20 years of 'customs' and craigslist junk wannabe...I wasn't expecting much...

It is indeed beautiful! Very well done.

The only thing that jumped out at me was indeed the exhaust- which I thought 'can't be much deadening in there'...but sure enough the builder admits it is loud in the article.

Other than that- those same pipes are awfully close to the side panel and will probably make quick work of it.

Still- good job! Love it.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
What's with that rear brake hose? Looks like some home-made bodge, except it's from the factory.
Yep. Your pillion catches the heel of her boot on it...

Then again, who uses the rear brake anyways...:P
 
Back
Top