Now they gotta give us the CB1300

Sanpete that is one fine bike! Would be a hard choice between the front fairing and the one without it ! I have been talking to a dealer in the UK thru emails the last few days about price. & shipping one to me! We might get lucky and get them here as a 15 year model who knows ! But it's as close to a cb11 as you can get :).
 
redbirds_imp said:
I would love to have one but I would not give up my CB1100.

I would rather that Honda brought back the CBX. That 6 had a most intoxicating sound and the bike was a real beauty.

53e91e9cd6078e55d27954168460ef6f.jpg
You and me both. I would sell a kidney if I had to for a new CBX. I was hoping BMW's I-6 would inspire Honda to revive that engine, but apparently not. I think their answer would be : "If you want a six, buy one of our flat six bikes". A Goldwing? Pfffft, those are two-wheeled cars. The Valkyrie is close, but it's too damn big as well. But an I-6 along the lines of the CB? I'd be all over it.

There were rumors that BMW would produce a sporty version of their six, but so far they're just doing parts-bin bikes with the boxter engine.
 
In-line three's, in-line sixes and V twelves, because of their firing order I suppose, have a sound quality that cannot be equaled. Going to the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1970 was a feast of sound with all the 12 cylinder prototypes there. The V12 Matras sounded better even than the Ferrari 512's at that race, the scream of their small block 12's echoing onto the infield from the grandstands. The best sounding bike engine I ever heard was from a CBX with an unmuffled 6 into 1 system. It was magic!

Here's what a real motor sounds like.

 
redbirds_imp said:
In-line three's, in-line sixes and V twelves, because of their firing order I suppose, have a sound quality that cannot be equaled. Going to the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1970 was a feast of sound with all the 12 cylinder prototypes there. The V12 Matras sounded better even than the Ferrari 512's at that race, the scream of their small block 12's echoing onto the infield from the grandstands. The best sounding bike engine I ever heard was from a CBX with an unmuffled 6 into 1 system. It was magic!

Here's what a real motor sounds like.

That was cool, thanks. But why was the French guy's microphone bigger than his head?
 
Thanks, Redbirds. Love that ride in Spain. Other one wouldn't play on the tablet. I'll have to save it up for later.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Sanpete that is one fine bike! Would be a hard choice between the front fairing and the one without it ! I have been talking to a dealer in the UK thru emails the last few days about price. & shipping one to me! We might get lucky and get them here as a 15 year model who knows ! But it's as close to a cb11 as you can get :).
You might want to check into the DOT and EPA requirements first. I know a guy that used to import high end cars that weren't available in the U.S. He said the compliance process averaged about $20K and three months per vehicle.
 
I'd like to see these two (in addition to the CB1300) :

Yammie XJR1300
673bfc43583b9f9421e0d5f05df8518a.jpg


Suzie GSX1400
8a396979d2d27f8669f067935ded61f5.jpg


Modern standards are not a North American thing (anymore), so I'm not holding my breath.
 
Yeah it would be nice to see the 1300 in the US, been waiting over a decade for that one. Had a great 2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200 and later moved up to a Suzuki Bking, which I still own and enjoy. I doubt Honda will bring in the 1300 after all this time.
 
It seems that there is a fair bit of amnesia in the U.S.A., for those of us over the age of 37. I think they might have tried this bike in the States before -

New:
daa1f5080c56859359eed7d4284e0e54.jpg


Old:
e23f848b4e6b4ede643573c66c1e6bd8.jpg



The 1994 "Big One" (CB1000) looks like a very early version of the CB1300, with the same bank of fuel injectors (or maybe larger throttle bodies) as we have on the CB1100. There may be a bit of interesting handiwork at a CAD workstation to update the valve train, passenger peg mounts and bikini fairing, but the cylinders and transmission appear to be pure CB1000 with updated styling queues.

The Big One put out approx. 90 Bhp at the rear wheel, and had no limiter, as they were carby bikes. They are still for sale in the dark recesses of Craigslist and CycleTrader for around $4000.

I too wanted one way back in the day, but I couldn't afford the CB1000 with my paycheck in '94, and had to settle for an year-end leftover Nighthawk 750. The nighthawk was a fun bike to be sure for a then-younger fellow like me, but I really pined for the liter-bike torque.

Anyone here still think the CB1300 is a complete re-design? I've been very wrong before, but I had a bit of deja vu when reading this thread. I still want the liquid-cooled liter Honda - old or new.
 
Photo_imp said:
It seems that there is a fair bit of amnesia in the U.S.A., for those of us over the age of 37. I think they might have tried this bike in the States before -

New:
daa1f5080c56859359eed7d4284e0e54.jpg


Old:
e23f848b4e6b4ede643573c66c1e6bd8.jpg



The 1994 "Big One" (CB1000) looks like a very early version of the CB1300, with the same bank of fuel injectors (or maybe larger throttle bodies) as we have on the CB1100. There may be a bit of interesting handiwork at a CAD workstation to update the valve train, passenger peg mounts and bikini fairing, but the cylinders and transmission appear to be pure CB1000 with updated styling queues.

The Big One put out approx. 90 Bhp at the rear wheel, and had no limiter, as they were carby bikes. They are still for sale in the dark recesses of Craigslist and CycleTrader for around $4000.

I too wanted one way back in the day, but I couldn't afford the CB1000 with my paycheck in '94, and had to settle for an year-end leftover Nighthawk 750. The nighthawk was a fun bike to be sure for a then-younger fellow like me, but I really pined for the liter-bike torque.

Anyone here still think the CB1300 is a complete re-design? I've been very wrong before, but I had a bit of deja vu when reading this thread. I still want the liquid-cooled liter Honda - old or new.
Looking at the history you are right. Good bikes - old and new.

Cheers
 
Back
Top