Now they gotta give us the CB1300

Oh, dear. It's started here too. There's a discussion about this bike over on the UK forum. Like the CB1100, Honda used to bring it to Australia, but then they stopped. I saw on in the flesh the other day and thought it was a lovely looking bike.
 
Looks too modern for my tastes. I will stay with the CB1100.
 
Have you seen the UN-fared model? Not that I'm going to change either.
 
Yes, back end is too angled and too high, no cylinder fins, radiator, giant can shaped single sided pipe with no shape. Looks like an FZ1 with no quarter fairing.
 
Oh, I'll bet it's a great bike... Just aesthetically not my cup of tea. If that and the CB 1100 were sitting side by side on a dealers floor, I wouldn't even give the 1300 a second look, even though it's undoubtedly superior from a performance perspective. Just like the superior performing CB 1000R didn't appeal to me.
 
I always liked the look of the CB1300, especially the red colors but have to agree with Ferret that I would like to see fins but being water cooled no need for fins I suppose.
The close, in looks is the CB1000 from the mid nineties, they are also GREAT bikes.
Still , I would buy a CB1300 in a heart beat if they came to the USA.
 
I would love to have one but I would not give up my CB1100.

I would rather that Honda brought back the CBX. That 6 had a most intoxicating sound and the bike was a real beauty.

53e91e9cd6078e55d27954168460ef6f.jpg
 
After I bought a 2013 and 2014 CB1100 my wife asked if I would ever buy another new bike and I said PROBABLY not.
This can all change if the right Honda comes along.
 
I agree with redbirds...a retro CBX would be hard to resist.

Try and find a Gen 1 ( 2001-2005) Yamaha FZ -1. To me it looks VERY similar to the CB1300. Some guys on the Fz board eliminated the fairing and went with a single round SV 650 headlight assy. Solid performers with 125 hp and 6 speed trans, and they can be picked up for under $3000

 
Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda all make large displacement modern standards for sale. Just not in North America. While I do think the CB1100 is easily my favorite, I would have seriously considered the CB1300, GSX1400 or XJR1300 before 2013 (if I'd had a choice).
 
I've said it before but I'll bore you with it again: The best modern water cooled standard, IMHO, would be an upright V4 with ergos similar to the 80's V45 Sabres. The interceptor is a great bike but errs too far toward the sport end of the sport/touring spectrum. An non-Tupperware 800cc V4 with that's sporty but comfy to ride for long miles would be wonderful.
 
I have space, and the money. Honda bring it and 1 is spoken for. Now where is that 400 to go with it?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
redbirds_imp said:
I would love to have one but I would not give up my CB1100.

I would rather that Honda brought back the CBX. That 6 had a most intoxicating sound and the bike was a real beauty.

53e91e9cd6078e55d27954168460ef6f.jpg
+1001
 
Back
Top