Nighthawk handlebar top clamp

Bheezy27403_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
d9b84b06e8ded769e49ed3403d553cc6.jpg

656112b11cbf46f57585fc125df9c032.jpg

c8cfe2d1edf5d1859351e885de5b2ecb.jpg


Finished up last night. I haven't given in to the fact I need glasses (not my eyes it's just my arms aren't long enough) so it's not perfect but it'll do. If the enamel paint holds up it'll stay this way. If not, I will spray it black like it was originally.

Thanks to those that have done this mod and posted it up. I think it really classes up the cockpit.
 
Looks good Bheezy... i thought it looked good polished too though
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
d9b84b06e8ded769e49ed3403d553cc6.jpg

656112b11cbf46f57585fc125df9c032.jpg

c8cfe2d1edf5d1859351e885de5b2ecb.jpg


Finished up last night. I haven't given in to the fact I need glasses (not my eyes it's just my arms aren't long enough) so it's not perfect but it'll do. If the enamel paint holds up it'll stay this way. If not, I will spray it black like it was originally.

Thanks to those that have done this mod and posted it up. I think it really classes up the cockpit.
Mine, the lettering is the opposite compared to yours.
I think "mtneers" left his clamp original (black) - no polishing.
 
Mine was in pretty good shape. I looked at several before I found this one.
56cf32d444a7479345c86cc07e4c523f.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
The top yoke on my '13 is not painted so that's the reason I went with the bare look. I have changed my levers to black and have a tinted screen on my Road Comet so I think the black would work too.
Mtneers, with the black top yoke that clamp looks factory. Very nice. Same with yours Mr. Lee. It plays nicely with your cockpit. Thank you guys for the inspiration. It's always the subtle changes that YOU as the owner of a bike notice the most to make it yours.


PS Hopefully Huggie has our boys ready to play!
 
mtneers_imp said:
Mine was in pretty good shape. I looked at several before I found this one.
56cf32d444a7479345c86cc07e4c523f.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very NOICE

Anyone happen to know if the 4 screw caps come in any other finish besides chrome or a compatible part # from another bike that will pop right in?
 
I don't have a part number but I know you can get hard plastic plugs that are black.
 
Hi Bheezy, I try to visualise whether it will look sharper if the HONDA lettering and the 2 stripes were painted in red?
Recycling old parts helps the environment.
The beauty of it is the "direct" bolt without any modification.
 
Thread starter
I think if you could get a pretty close match to the red (mine's a 13, don't they change the red slightly every year? Dumb.) it would look great. I may look into that because I got it mounted and I'm not in love with it as is. It's easy enough to change out until I get it how I want it.
 
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
Mine was in pretty good shape. I looked at several before I found this one.
56cf32d444a7479345c86cc07e4c523f.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Very NOICE

Anyone happen to know if the 4 screw caps come in any other finish besides chrome or a compatible part # from another bike that will pop right in?
Very NOICE

Anyone happen to know if the 4 screw caps come in any other finish besides chrome or a compatible part # from another bike that will pop right in? Check out a set from a 1982 CB750 Custom.
 
Back
Top