Night Flight

Very Cool Ptero. Not looking at the road, I found it fascinating to watch the relationship between your speedo and tach. In the beginning lots of fluctuation. When it appeared that you shifted, rpm rose or fell, but speed didn't change much. At about the 2 minute mark pretty much froze at 80 kmph and just over 3000 rpms. Very clear video and of course your choice of Reggae music certainly suited the ride. I liked it.
 
I've never seen a CB without the NA style combined Metric and Imperial gauge faces (though it makes perfect sense for OZ), didn't know they actually made a different one. Looks cleaner than the North American ones.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Very Cool Ptero. Not looking at the road, I found it fascinating to watch the relationship between your speedo and tach. In the beginning lots of fluctuation. When it appeared that you shifted, rpm rose or fell, but speed didn't change much. At about the 2 minute mark pretty much froze at 80 kmph and just over 3000 rpms. Very clear video and of course your choice of Reggae music certainly suited the ride. I liked it.
Yes, a very cautious ride. Perhaps "laid back" is a better term and is what got me thinking Marley. The road is unlit with some moderately tight corners so when in a turn there is very little to judge where it's going beyond what is in the headlight, particularly where there are no yellow turn indicator signs. Also there is always the chance of a roo, or other critter, ruining the night. As you undoubtedly know at any speed in a turn the bike will not stop within the area illuminated by the periphery of the headlight.

At the rally I remember thinking that Duh! (?) was very hospitable in asking us to ride The Dragon at night. I thought a beer was the better choice as I wasn't keen on finding out if my travel insurance would cover a bad night.

Cheers
redbirds_imp said:
Delightful Tony, good music to accompany.
Thanks 'Birds, appreciate that.

Cheers mate.
drodg58_imp said:
Cool. Aren't you riding on the wrong side of the road! LOL!
Of course, easier to see the oncoming:D.

Cheers
 
Dactyl Productions does it again.
 
Odd that I can't view this on my iPhone. It's as if the original post is blank.
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Found that, by clicking 'reply', I could see the url. Viewing now.
Cool, mon. :)
 
Doesn't show up on the iPad either, Sea. Maybe to do with the lack of support for Flash?
 
That's interesting. Back to the drawing board, then.
 
Nice video Pterodactyl! :thumbsup:

Good music but I was hoping for the sound of that staintune for at least part of the vid. :)

GoPro mounted on clutch reservoir?
 
Thread starter
Thanks Curly. Yes, mounted on the clutch reservoir. At 4K if you want to zoom (crop) to a narrow FOV it's possible with still good resolution. Laid back ride, laid back music.

Cheers
 
Thank's to the chairman of the board of Hubris Galactic for once again getting behind a Dactyl video production, producing a huge smile on my dial. Must say Bob and the band got a fair run on tape in the HZ up and down the Newel Highway in the early 80's, nice choice of tune.

When riding home from Omeo at night where the road follows the river its like your clip, I'm usually cold tired the brains foggy as is the atmosphere but I'm glad to be doing it. Thank's again see you at PI in October on the mend.

Regards
 
Back
Top