New updated Bonneville line

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Is supposed to be revealed Feb 23rd.


May just be bold new graphics, but will be interested to see what Bloor has come up with.
 
Hmm... interesting. Maybe my classic Bonneville will be come... more classic?
 
Triumph Bonneville is the epitome of classic motorcycle by which all future bikes are derived. It can't get more fundamental than that, eh?

This is a good thing.
 
Can't help thinking Honda should try and extend the CB1100 "retro line" in the same way Triumph watercooled their Bonneville's several years ago. If they used the more powerful CB1000 engine, gave it fake cooling fins and disguised the radiator I'm sure it would be a winner. I like and am happy with my 88HP CB1100 but its attraction is very limited as can be seen by its sales figures. Triumph tried this in the 90's with the Thunderbird and Adventurer models and I'm not sure it worked out that well for them but could work for Honda? Or maybe skip an engine generation completely and come out with a full retro styled electric CB1100, that I would like.
 
Yeah, I am sure it is challenging for Honda Corporate marketing on what to do with the iconic air-cooled CB inline-4 family going forward. It is one of those "don't mess with the recipe" or "just shelve for a better time" dilemmas.

= = =

You know? - even batteries need air cooling. Even if battery storage was inside something shaped like an inline-4 lump, I am unsure how well that would go over with many folks. It would be too faux?
 
Tev62_imp said:
Can't help thinking Honda should try and extend the CB1100 "retro line" in the same way Triumph watercooled their Bonneville's several years ago. If they used the more powerful CB1000 engine, gave it fake cooling fins and disguised the radiator I'm sure it would be a winner. I like and am happy with my 88HP CB1100 but its attraction is very limited as can be seen by its sales figures. Triumph tried this in the 90's with the Thunderbird and Adventurer models and I'm not sure it worked out that well for them but could work for Honda? Or maybe skip an engine generation completely and come out with a full retro styled electric CB1100, that I would like.
I'm not so sure the retro crowd is going to be queuing up to go electric. Just speaking for myself I don't even like the idea of DCT much less electric.
 
Well, how’s the LiveWire selling? There’s an electric made by a retro bike company. I’ve never seen one outside of a museum or an advertisement.
 
Thread starter
They are already in museums?
 
Yeah, we have one in the Petersen.

Despite the big marketing push, I've never seen one on the road. HD displayed one at a local motorcycle show here in Orange County when we could still have shows, and it almost got knocked over because it was in the way of the real bikes.
 
I know the dealers in Utah have sold 3 Live Wires for SURE as I saw the sold tags on the handlebars. The first one I saw sold was the orange version and the sales rep said a woman bought it.

I sat on one and my initial impressions were that it felt light and very narrow with excellent fit/finish/build quality. My dealership kept wanting for me to take it for a test ride but I declined. I personally think the orange LW is the best looking electric bike I’ve seen. If I was in the market for an electric HD would probably be my number one choice even with the limited range. BUT, I just can’t get past the current $30K entry price to play.
 
Me too. The one in the museum is a lime gold color, and is gorgeous. Surprised I haven't seen one riding here in SoCal.
 
Frulk_imp said:
I know the dealers in Utah have sold 3 Live Wires for SURE as I saw the sold tags on the handlebars. The first one I saw sold was the orange version and the sales rep said a woman bought it.

I sat on one and my initial impressions were that it felt light and very narrow with excellent fit/finish/build quality. My dealership kept wanting for me to take it for a test ride but I declined. I personally think the orange LW is the best looking electric bike I’ve seen. If I was in the market for an electric HD would probably be my number one choice even with the limited range. BUT, I just can’t get past the current $30K entry price to play.
For that amount of money, you could get an Africa Twin for touring, a CRF 450 for dirt, and a Grom for hilarious fun on the track. Or maybe switch out the Grom for a Trail 125 to just have fun on. Or maybe a Rebel 1100 for street and Talon SXS for the dunes/desert/dirt. There are so many more rewarding things to spend $30K on.
 
Roper_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
I know the dealers in Utah have sold 3 Live Wires for SURE as I saw the sold tags on the handlebars. The first one I saw sold was the orange version and the sales rep said a woman bought it.

I sat on one and my initial impressions were that it felt light and very narrow with excellent fit/finish/build quality. My dealership kept wanting for me to take it for a test ride but I declined. I personally think the orange LW is the best looking electric bike I’ve seen. If I was in the market for an electric HD would probably be my number one choice even with the limited range. BUT, I just can’t get past the current $30K entry price to play.
For that amount of money, you could get an Africa Twin for touring, a CRF 450 for dirt, and a Grom for hilarious fun on the track. Or maybe switch out the Grom for a Trail 125 to just have fun on. Or maybe a Rebel 1100 for street and Talon SXS for the dunes/desert/dirt. There are so many more rewarding things to spend $30K on.
For that amount of money, you could get an Africa Twin for touring, a CRF 450 for dirt, and a Grom for hilarious fun on the track. Or maybe switch out the Grom for a Trail 125 to just have fun on. Or maybe a Rebel 1100 for street and Talon SXS for the dunes/desert/dirt. There are so many more rewarding things to spend $30K on.
You have that completely right sir.
 
$30K U$ for this bike???? really??...this would be C$38K....HD #2....Um thanks, but no thanks :s
 
Frulk_imp said:
I know the dealers in Utah have sold 3 Live Wires for SURE as I saw the sold tags on the handlebars. The first one I saw sold was the orange version and the sales rep said a woman bought it.

I sat on one and my initial impressions were that it felt light and very narrow with excellent fit/finish/build quality. My dealership kept wanting for me to take it for a test ride but I declined. I personally think the orange LW is the best looking electric bike I’ve seen. If I was in the market for an electric HD would probably be my number one choice even with the limited range. BUT, I just can’t get past the current $30K entry price to play.
Ewan and Charlie loved their decked out Live Wires in Long Way Up. If you haven't watched be sure to do so on Apple TV. Good stuff!
 
Back
Top