Has anyone on this forum had personal experience of a plugged tyre failing?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I ordered the Bridgestone’s from Partzilla using the OEM part numbers. I presume they will be the Battlax BT54’s?peterbaron_imp said:Which ones did you order??Whoops_imp said:Front and rear tires ordered.![]()
Didn’t even occur to me to be honest. I wouldn’t know where to begin with finding a tube that fits.Mixagon_imp said:What's wrong with sticking a tube in it.
[li]Excessive heat buildup from friction[/li] [li]Potential for catastrophic blowout / deflationMixagon_imp said:What's wrong with sticking a tube in it.
[li]Excessive heat buildup from friction[/li] [li]Potential for catastrophic blowout / deflationStichill_imp said:[li]Excessive heat buildup from friction[/li] [li]Potential for catastrophic blowout / deflationMixagon_imp said:What's wrong with sticking a tube in it.
[/li] I'd rather ride on a plug personally.
I don't think you'll be able to buy PR3s any longer. I just bought Pirelli Angel GTs (110 and 160), which for me looked like the best PR3 alternative here in the US.ride4now_imp said:Interesting that I found this so fast... I need tires on my 2014 DLX. After 7000 miles, the front is worn unevenly and shows signs of dry rot. The rear looks pretty good... go figure. Anyway it’s time for new tires. Does anyone have experience with Michelin’s? P3 I think? The local Honda dealer seems to stock them and I’ve always favored Michelin’s for the cars.
Just to be clear, Chris took the tire off and put a mushroom T-patch in from the inside? Or did he try plugging from the outside only? I've not heard of an internal patch/plug failing.Whoops_imp said:So I called around and as previously stated, pretty much everyone refused to repair the tire. I did find one shop that said “bring it down and I will take a look at it”. Once I got there he said “Nope, can’t touch it. But go down to this other shop and ask for Chris. Tell him I sent you.”
Turns out Chris doesn’t give two craps about liability and was happy to try and plug it. It still has a slow leak though but he offered to try again if that happened. I will give him another crack at it and if nothing else it gets me by until the Bridgestone’s arrive.
Again, I learn that life is more often who you know rather than what you know. :dodgy:
Just to be clear, Chris took the tire off and put a mushroom T-patch in from the inside? Or did he try plugging from the outside only? I've not heard of an internal patch/plug failing.pekingduck_imp said:Just to be clear, Chris took the tire off and put a mushroom T-patch in from the inside? Or did he try plugging from the outside only? I've not heard of an internal patch/plug failing.Whoops_imp said:So I called around and as previously stated, pretty much everyone refused to repair the tire. I did find one shop that said “bring it down and I will take a look at it”. Once I got there he said “Nope, can’t touch it. But go down to this other shop and ask for Chris. Tell him I sent you.”
Turns out Chris doesn’t give two craps about liability and was happy to try and plug it. It still has a slow leak though but he offered to try again if that happened. I will give him another crack at it and if nothing else it gets me by until the Bridgestone’s arrive.
Again, I learn that life is more often who you know rather than what you know. :dodgy: