New idea for selfies

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
Check this one out. She could follow you through the Dragon!


 
That is really cool! I have seen around here a French freerider working on a drone like this to follow him down on his rides (skiing/snow boarding). I didn't know something like this had been commercialized yet. I need one for next ski season!!!

However, I am not sure I would trust it enough to throw it of a bridge like in the video!
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Good one. A question - can it exceed 160kph to follow me in those big sweepers???

Cheers
No. From their faq: How fast can Lily fly?

Max speed: 25 mph/40 km/h (software limited)


If you want one, better order it today for $600. After the intro, its $999. Intro ends on 15 July.

It does not have collision avoidance yet. I bet in the future it will. Anyway, here is the site link: Lily Camera
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Good one. A question - can it exceed 160kph to follow me in those big sweepers???

Cheers
Being a law abiding Pterodactyl you wouldn't be riding that fast—unless, of course, you could find a sweeper in the NT! :P
 
I have this vision of a busy weekend on the Old Pacific Highway, the Putty Road or, in the U.S., the Dragon with hundreds, maybe thousands, of these things following their owners like swarms of killer bees. Absolute aerial carnage! Angry, armed and ornery owners sorting out flight path priorities! Unless of course some Silicon Valley entrepreneurs come up with an Air Traffic Control system for Lilys. Fitting a TCAS and EGPWS may even become a statutory requirement.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
I have this vision of a busy weekend on the Old Pacific Highway, the Putty Road or, in the U.S., the Dragon with hundreds, maybe thousands, of these things following their owners like swarms of killer bees. Absolute aerial carnage! Angry, armed and ornery owners sorting out flight path priorities! Unless of course some Silicon Valley entrepreneurs come up with an Air Traffic Control system for Lilys. Fitting a TCAS and EGPWS may even become a statutory requirement.

Cheers
I don't see it becoming a problem on the Dragon. The Tennessee Fish & Game department will declare them a state game bird and set a liberal bag limit. And steel shot only to protect the environment.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
I have this vision of a busy weekend on the Old Pacific Highway, the Putty Road or, in the U.S., the Dragon with hundreds, maybe thousands, of these things following their owners like swarms of killer bees. Absolute aerial carnage! Angry, armed and ornery owners sorting out flight path priorities! Unless of course some Silicon Valley entrepreneurs come up with an Air Traffic Control system for Lilys. Fitting a TCAS and EGPWS may even become a statutory requirement.

Cheers
I don't see it becoming a problem on the Dragon. The Tennessee Fish & Game department will declare them a state game bird and set a liberal bag limit. And steel shot only to protect the environment.
I don't see it becoming a problem on the Dragon. The Tennessee Fish & Game department will declare them a state game bird and set a liberal bag limit. And steel shot only to protect the environment.
:rofl:
 
redbirds_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
I have this vision of a busy weekend on the Old Pacific Highway, the Putty Road or, in the U.S., the Dragon with hundreds, maybe thousands, of these things following their owners like swarms of killer bees. Absolute aerial carnage! Angry, armed and ornery owners sorting out flight path priorities! Unless of course some Silicon Valley entrepreneurs come up with an Air Traffic Control system for Lilys. Fitting a TCAS and EGPWS may even become a statutory requirement.

Cheers
I don't see it becoming a problem on the Dragon. The Tennessee Fish & Game department will declare them a state game bird and set a liberal bag limit. And steel shot only to protect the environment.
Good one 'Birds. Maybe compulsory fluoro gear to cut down the number of riders falling victim to hunting "incidents".

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
I have this vision of a busy weekend on the Old Pacific Highway, the Putty Road or, in the U.S., the Dragon with hundreds, maybe thousands, of these things following their owners like swarms of killer bees. Absolute aerial carnage! Angry, armed and ornery owners sorting out flight path priorities! Unless of course some Silicon Valley entrepreneurs come up with an Air Traffic Control system for Lilys. Fitting a TCAS and EGPWS may even become a statutory requirement.

Cheers
That is a hilarious sight to conjure and I think as well it'd be really depressing to see something like that.
 
Back
Top