New Honda Video

dave

Road warrior
Thread starter
Honda is cooking up something, to be announced at the end of October. This link is to the first of five videos they will be releasing:
 
I got kinda excited when I saw the naked 4 cyl wing.

I saw an NC700, a naked wing, a 500 shadow or whatever they call that and an F6B
 
The ferret_imp said:
I got kinda excited when I saw the naked 4 cyl wing.

I saw an NC700, a naked wing, a 500 shadow or whatever they call that and an F6B
I couldnt tell if it was the nc700 or vfr1200x. Those were a coupe of small folks if that was a nc700.

Maybe they're releasing a v4 wing?
 
Boy. If they brought a retro nakit GW to the market I'd be VERY interested in that ! Marking down the date for the release.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
that white bike is Gold Wing F6B v6 not v4
Word is they are supposed to have a v4 hybrid + dct and 7 gears along with the f6b bagger. Kind of crazy lol. We'll see what the mothership sends us
Frulk_imp said:
Boy. If they brought a retro nakit GW to the market I'd be VERY interested in that ! Marking down the date for the release.
Same here! Would be awesome!
 
supposedly the big reveal is the new Goldwing... Not so much that there would be a naked version, tho that would be cool.. I just doubt it as it's space agey looking these days... Not to mention that Valkyrie's and Rune's didn't have staying power..

The big reveal from the Goldwing is supposedly all new front end that Honda hopes to translate to other bikes... From the patent leaks - it's supposed to look something like this:

2fa16e9e294c7b27815c4d89d304134c.jpg
 
Dave_imp said:
Honda is cooking up something, to be announced at the end of October. This link is to the first of five videos they will be releasing:
Thanks for the video, Dave. I thought it was well done.
 
Earls front ends (or leading link if you will with pivot behind the wheel axle) have been used on bikes for over 1/2 century both in dirt ( like a Greeves) or on street ( like a BMW or Honda Cub). It's design has advantages and disadvantages and they get tried again every once in awhile when another manufacture thinks they have all the disadvantages figured out and corrected. Would probably be a good front end for a Wing if you can get past the looks.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Earls front ends (or leading link if you will with pivot behind the wheel axle) have been used on bikes for over 1/2 century both in dirt ( like a Greeves) or on street ( like a BMW or Honda Cub). It's design has advantages and disadvantages and they get tried again every once in awhile when another manufacture thinks they have all the disadvantages figured out and corrected. Would probably be a good front end for a Wing if you can get past the looks.
There is a lot you can do to change the front to be more technical.. Me personally, I like the standard design.. waaaaaaaay easier for me to work on.. this thing might not be so easy
 
The leading link may be more complicated but it has advantages for large motorcycles, greater rigidity, greater stability, increased steering control, less stiction and a bit of anti dive in it's design.
 
Back
Top