LongRanger_imp
Road warrior
I've got a 7-speed DCT in my sports car and it's fabulous. And rated faster 0-60 and 0-100 than the available 6-speed manual (not that I care, but others seem to).
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
(by my batman mobile)peterbaron_imp said:I would not buy anything that has DCT. Standard or auto.
"The Gold Wing also received a 7-speed DCT automatic transmission" , really???
Source: Motor Cycle News
Sea, as I said, I would not for myself.EmptySea_imp said:why not, peterbaron?

peterbaron_imp said:peterbaron_imp said:I would not buy anything that has DCT. Standard or auto.
"The Gold Wing also received a 7-speed DCT automatic transmission" , really???
Source: Motor Cycle NewsSea, as I said, I would not for myself.EmptySea_imp said:why not, peterbaron?
Seen too many (different makes) replacements, repairs, harsh shifting, lurching, some of bad design backed by ECU updates with no or little improvements.., so had enough.
Also, you must learn to like DCT characteristics, which I don't.
For me, a bike must have standard tranny, I want to control the bike and be busy while riding it, so too many "help" gizmos are of no need for me.
This is not to discourage anyone from buying DCT if you like it, but before, test it extensively.
If I had to buy GW, due to option, I personally would a six-speed manual, not a DCT equipped with.
I wonder if GW service manual gives any safety tips of proper DCT operation or something like it?, chime in guys.
![]()
Sea, as I said, I would not for myself.EmptySea_imp said:why not, peterbaron?
alprider_imp said:with DCT you never kill the engine bcos not enough rmp , you have still enough power bcos you are still in the right gear...........with your little thump you have short your enginebrake........no tired clutchhand by stop and go traffic...
i make always a joke and say : my dealer must never change my brakepads/disc bcos i use so much so easy and fine the enginebrake.....![]()
![]()
![]()
(by my batman mobile)
and just you never change the gears that fast with a classic manual gearbox...never lack of power by switching the gears : it goes linear up..
bcos 7 gear DCT by the GW are the steps so soft from gear to gear..
.
.
DCT works great too by offroad at the africa- twin.....
.
.
btw the GW has too a enigne stop automatic if you stop on a redlight........and a brakehelp for start on a hill..
peterbaron
in german we have a saying:
what the farmer does not know this he dont eat
.
.
.
Never have and ever will, I guess. Nice bike but kind of heavy for my size..alprider_imp said:peter baron
you drove ever for longer testdrive a bike with DCT ?
GoldOxide_imp said:Rboe: Your statistics are sensible. I have spoken to multiple Honda dealerships and the ratios of DCT to manual gearboxes sold is about 4 or 5 : 1.
It is not uncommon for a seasoned manual gearbox GW owner to buy a new manual gearbox GW, but test drive the DCT anyway. While the rider is gone for the test ride, the dealer fills out the purchase order for the DCT model.
The buyer would definitely have to take the "thrill and skill" into consideration, and I am sure buyers are. It would seem an obvious thing to do since it is different, and buyers are paying a premium for that difference.mtneers_imp said:GoldOxide_imp said:Rboe: Your statistics are sensible. I have spoken to multiple Honda dealerships and the ratios of DCT to manual gearboxes sold is about 4 or 5 : 1.
It is not uncommon for a seasoned manual gearbox GW owner to buy a new manual gearbox GW, but test drive the DCT anyway. While the rider is gone for the test ride, the dealer fills out the purchase order for the DCT model.
The Honda dealership where I have my CB and Goldwing serviced said the same as what GoldOxide stated...DCT’s outselling manuals 4:1. Seems like taking the shifting function away would take part of the “thrill and skill” away from riding. Razor rode his DCT to the rally. He raved about his.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
). Even a grand touring car is going to an automatic.(+1)Wisedrum_imp said:The Prius has only an automatic planet gear box.
I like it. Would after this experience driving automatic cars for nearly 10 years now with the Prii of course drive one with an manual gear box, but luckily don't have to. I prefer automatic with cars, makes driving so much easier. Don't have to switch gears in the city from traffic light to traffic light again and again.
On the other hand I like switching gears with a motorbike. It's a whole different story and part of the joy riding it.
Wisedrum