New Goldwings arrived

Congratulations, Razor! Look forward to pictures and reports.
 
Congrats on the new 'wing, Ray. I'm sure we'll all be jealous of all the creature comforts!
 
Purdy! Now you can take the (on order) off your sig and replace it with "woo hoo!!" Again, I'm loving the silver wheels and engine with the red paint. Looks really great on the Goldwing.
 
DAC_imp said:
Purdy! Now you can take the (on order) off your sig and replace it with "woo hoo!!" Again, I'm loving the silver wheels and engine with the red paint. Looks really great on the Goldwing.
Thanks again, and for the signature reminder :D
 
What a beautiful thing!
 
Hey Ray

Memphis Mike shows the new Wing


wish we could get this guy to come to the rally
 
Beautiful, but it does need RLETs! What is wrong with Honda?
 
Went to my dealer to see the new Wing. He's sold several and only had one DCT Tour available. Gorgeous bike. I spent about 20 minutes on it, getting the full sales pitch and being shown all of the bells and whistles. I was impressed. BUT. It's too small for me. The seat locks me into one position, and it's too close to the bars. Sit up and beg. And the weight -- wow. Not something I'd be comfortable with.

I then went around the block to the BMW dealer and bought a fully-loaded, fully-serviced '15 R1200RT with 10k miles for less than half the cost of the DCT. Very much looking forward to some extended multi-day, two-up rides on this thing.
 
Congrats Longranger. I've heard the RT's are great sport tourers.
 
Thanks Ferret.

As I was leaving the Honda dealership, I turned and asked the salesman if he had any '17 CB1100EX's, as I hadn't seen one yet. He said, "The retro one, right? Yeah, over here." So he led me past a row of bikes and walked right past the CB. He stopped about six bikes later and said, "Uh, I thought we had one." He had no clue. He was embarrassed when I pointed back at the CB and said, "You walked right past it!" Quite fitting perhaps?
 
That's sad, and a little disapointing. I'm glad you didn't query him on chnages form the 2014 model lol
 
It was parked next to a leftover '14. He made some comment about "the other one -- I think it's a 2012 or something." Sad indeed. I didn't feel like discussing it. As I headed for the door, I glanced at a Z900RS. All the talk about how fat and bulbous the tank is -- I agree!
 
Congratulations on the BMW, LongRanger.

What did you think of the 2017 EX?
 
Thanks Cormanus.

I wasn't smitten with the '17 CB. The tank was easier on my eyes than it appears in the photos, but I didn't care for the non-color matched side covers, the two-tone engine, or the shorty mufflers. To me, it's a nicely-executed modern interpretation of a UJM, but visually I think the DLX captures the vibe more authentically. But it's all good.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
It was parked next to a leftover '14. He made some comment about "the other one -- I think it's a 2012 or something." Sad indeed. I didn't feel like discussing it. As I headed for the door, I glanced at a Z900RS. All the talk about how fat and bulbous the tank is -- I agree!
Congrats on the RT.

Our dealer had both color schemes for the Kawi. The tradional/retro really caught my eye. But I have to agree about the tank size. Just seems too wide. I’m sure they had good reasons for it, but looks out of place. Other than that; I like it, even with the radiator.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Thanks Cormanus.

I wasn't smitten with the '17 CB. The tank was easier on my eyes than it appears in the photos, but I didn't care for the non-color matched side covers, the two-tone engine, or the shorty mufflers. To me, it's a nicely-executed modern interpretation of a UJM, but visually I think the DLX captures the vibe more authentically. But it's all good.
Good summary. +1
 
Congratulations Razor ! I wish you many many happy miles on her. Looks like you can go to the moon and back with this spaceship.
I'm very interested to hear your observations on DCT transmission ( after you have some mileage on her ).
My first impressions after test riding an X-ADV are very positive. I think when you get used to it you'll love it.
I know you spending time on her saddle in the garage but please next time with clean shoes , the right footpeg is already muddy...:D
 
Back
Top