Motogeezer1949_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
I started a new page yesterday.
CB1100DLX Face Book Group
Join up if you like
CB1100DLX Face Book Group
Join up if you like

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


I'm on Facebook (rarely). Honestly, I'm not all that enamored with it. I appreciate the suggestion, but at this point in time have little desire to create a Facebook page associated with this forum.Capo_imp said:I'm all for single- model forums and pages, but limiting it to DLX's means there is a pretty slim constituency. IMHO, this forum should have a FB page that is linked directly. I've done that with our local NJRATS riding group, and it works nicely.
Same here. Little to no use for Facebook. However, I find the "Communities", such as the World Motorcycle Community (Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents) on Google Plus to be great. You can have members, sub-sections to post into, etc. Pretty much everything you get with forum software (such as used here) can be done in a Google+ Community for free, and with a whole lot less maintenance hassle on the part of the owner.Guth_imp said:I'm on Facebook (rarely). Honestly, I'm not all that enamored with it. I appreciate the suggestion, but at this point in time have little desire to create a Facebook page associated with this forum.Capo_imp said:I'm all for single- model forums and pages, but limiting it to DLX's means there is a pretty slim constituency. IMHO, this forum should have a FB page that is linked directly. I've done that with our local NJRATS riding group, and it works nicely.
Sounds like Motogeezer has a start on a CB1100 Facebook outlet for those who are interested in that option and that's fine by me.
Same here. Little to no use for Facebook.DGShannon_imp said:Same here. Little to no use for Facebook. However, I find the "Communities", such as the World Motorcycle Community (Google Workspace Updates: New community features for Google Chat and an update on Currents) on Google Plus to be great. You can have members, sub-sections to post into, etc. Pretty much everything you get with forum software (such as used here) can be done in a Google+ Community for free, and with a whole lot less maintenance hassle on the part of the owner.Guth_imp said:I'm on Facebook (rarely). Honestly, I'm not all that enamored with it. I appreciate the suggestion, but at this point in time have little desire to create a Facebook page associated with this forum.Capo_imp said:I'm all for single- model forums and pages, but limiting it to DLX's means there is a pretty slim constituency. IMHO, this forum should have a FB page that is linked directly. I've done that with our local NJRATS riding group, and it works nicely.
Sounds like Motogeezer has a start on a CB1100 Facebook outlet for those who are interested in that option and that's fine by me.
I have managed large motorcycle forums in the past, and know what a royal pain in the rear it can be. Something to think about if you ever want to simplify.
I tried to view it and it asked me to login. I assume that means you need an account.The Spaceman_imp said:Do I have to join FaceBook to see the content?
), met new friends, especially motorcycling types from all over the world. I also use it to post dog agility pictures from trials so I have all these dog people as friends because I capture their dogs in action. Once I retire I may have to charge for that!