New CB 350

I'd be happy just to see, touch, sit on, and hear one.

I was too big for my CB1100, so I am not optimistic about me on a CB350. Other than that, this new CB350 is sweet.
 
That's a lot of tech for such a little bike. If it did come to the U.S., it would probably be on the spendy side.

They hardly show any images of the left side of the bike, but I'm digging the big, black L-shaped rack to the left of the rear wheel. Something possibly specific to the Indian market for lugging goods, but I would love that for my daily commute. I'd bungee my briefcase to it and be off!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
That's a lot of tech for such a little bike. If it did come to the U.S., it would probably be on the spendy side.

They hardly show any images of the left side of the bike, but I'm digging the big, black L-shaped rack to the left of the rear wheel. Something possibly specific to the Indian market for lugging goods, but I would love that for my daily commute. I'd bungee my briefcase to it and be off!
Sorry (sari?) to say, but I think that "rack" you see on the left side of the rear wheel is not for luggage, but a footrest/leg shield for passengers riding sideways.
 
Huh, Peking, that makes sense. Well, whatever it's for, I'd stick my briefcase on it.

I tried Googling every iteration I can find of "India Motorcycle Racks", but I just keep getting accessories for the brand made by Polaris.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Huh, Peking, that makes sense. Well, whatever it's for, I'd stick my briefcase on it.

I tried Googling every iteration I can find of "India Motorcycle Racks", but I just keep getting accessories for the brand made by Polaris.
I think this is what you are looking for, they call them side guards, and you can use the for everything from side riding pillions to briefcases, jerry cans, refrigerators. Try googling with a specific OEM, I looked up one for Bajaj as they are very common here, but they put them on CD200's, Unicorns, even Twisters
1511734c2a1b00d7422971221536b088.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Huh, Peking, that makes sense. Well, whatever it's for, I'd stick my briefcase on it.

I tried Googling every iteration I can find of "India Motorcycle Racks", but I just keep getting accessories for the brand made by Polaris.
It's a Saree guard or Sari guard, basically a dress guard with footrest. Mandatory in some countries in South and SE Asia. If you've ever seen a loose bungee cord or strap that got caught in the rear wheel, you'll understand why it's a good idea. Get a dress caught in the wheel or chain and it will be a sorry state (my apologies, couldn't resist).

Actually a low open carrier would be quite useful for carrying flat things like a briefcase, spare wheel, gas cans, tent, boogie board, skateboard, or pizza (frozen only).
 
Cool! Thanks, Tod and Peking, didn't think of looking for accessories for a specific Indian brand. That's pretty neat.

Might have to shift your weight to the right a bit to balance a fridge, but you do what you have to do.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Cool! Thanks, Tod and Peking, didn't think of looking for accessories for a specific Indian brand. That's pretty neat.

Might have to shift your weight to the right a bit to balance a fridge, but you do what you have to do.
It's India, the whole village will come to counterweight
633d04e5ad27382c1af2755733a6eab5.png


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
What a terrible way for a passenger to ride, not to mention how much harder it has to be for the pilot. Even in old Honda ads from the early '60s.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
What a terrible way for a passenger to ride, not to mention how much harder it has to be for the pilot. Even in old Honda ads from the early '60s.
The way it was. (maybe still so in Italy)

Try doing that today here in North America ... and with a dress on!
 
You will see this type of riding all over south and southeast Asia. It's actually not as bad one might imagine

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Often in South East Asia you see families of 4 or 5 all aboard a single scooter.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Often in South East Asia you see families of 4 or 5 all aboard a single scooter.
Yeah, it is very interesting the level of trust exhibited by the passengers and of the other drivers around the vehicle.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Often in South East Asia you see families of 4 or 5 all aboard a single scooter.
Yeah, it is very interesting the level of trust exhibited by the passengers and of the other drivers around the vehicle.
Yeah, it is very interesting the level of trust exhibited by the passengers and of the other drivers around the vehicle.
Trust doesn't enter into it. Since they cant afford anything else Its the only way they have to get around. Its astonishing what people will do to get on with the day to day.
 
And the driver is talking on the phone
 
Back
Top