New Bridgestones

casey66_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Looking forward to some summer riding. Mine still has the original tires on it so I figured I better get some new ones before I put some miles on it this summer.:)
 
I just had those installed myself. So far I think they're great but some, including myself, have complained about tire noise. Curious if you notice that as well.
 
I put on a set of those T32's on my CB and also noticed a pronounced noise.... but only in the front. I've never had a tire make noise before so found it rather odd.
I run the T32 GT spec tire on my FJR and have no noise whatsoever. Guess its something about that tread pattern in that size...
 
T31 noisy up front on my EX too but I can live with it. The stock Dunlop Sportmax Touring tyres have narrower grooves so the difference in the leading and trailing edges are less pronounced are less prone to generating that noise. It is also exacerbated by the wear pattern, my T31's will end up wearing trapezoidal and are just starting to show that wear pattern now after only 3K km. Bridgestone A40's and A41's wear like this too and are noisy on my Tiger 1200, but nowhere near as noisy as the Metzeler Tourance Next which drove me to distraction. I still have my old Dunlops with over 9K km on them, the wear profile in comparison is still quite round, very impressive. There is no way the T31 on the front will be that well preserved after 9k km. We don't have many long straight roads though so YMMV. The trade off is the T31's really bring the bike alive, the riding experience is quite different. Can't help thinking the Battlax BT46 would of been an ideal choice for our bike but no front at our size it seems.
 
I had the A41s on the Africa Twin and I found them stellar in road handling, quiet, and long tread life (over 12000 kms). I would definitely buy them again for a 90/10 road tire.
 
Sparky80_imp said:
I put on a set of those T32's on my CB and also noticed a pronounced noise.... but only in the front. I've never had a tire make noise before so found it rather odd.
I run the T32 GT spec tire on my FJR and have no noise whatsoever. Guess its something about that tread pattern in that size...
Yep. Front only for me too. Sounds to me like bearings lightly grinding. I'm still going to keep em though.
 
Thread starter
I am so glad I went with the 160 now. Looks totally normal to me on the 4" wheel. Seems perfect if you want a little wider. Thank you all for the help and information on this forum !
 
Thread starter
ChiefJP_imp said:
I just had those installed myself. So far I think they're great but some, including myself, have complained about tire noise. Curious if you notice that as well.
I have a couple hundred miles on these now. So far so good. Maybe I don't know what I am listening for but I do not hear anything. I am wearing a RF-1400 helmet at highway speeds and above. I am very pleased with these so far. Very stable at Highway speeds.
 
T32 bridgestones huh? that's a new choice. I haven't seen those discussed much on this forum as a tire option. I think I never looked back at Bridgestone because i disliked the stock tires handling profile so much. The tread pattern actually looks like a really solid sport touring sneaker.

for casey66: How many miles are you putting on that bike annually? Have you ever used those tires long term on another bike? I'd be interested to hear about how much mileage you get out of them and a long term report on the handling characteristics.
 
I, on the other hand, am a big Bridgestone fan. I've ran the BT016, S20, S21, S22, T30, T31, T32, RS10, and I'm sure other ones I'm missing.
It's a great sport touring tire and have 8k miles on my FJR and could probably squeeze another thousand out of them. I might have 500 miles on the T32's on the CB. I wouldn't be surprised if I got over 10k miles on those tires on the CB, as its a tame bike with not a whole of power to really eat up tires.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
T32 bridgestones huh? that's a new choice. I haven't seen those discussed much on this forum as a tire option. I think I never looked back at Bridgestone because i disliked the stock tires handling profile so much. The tread pattern actually looks like a really solid sport touring sneaker.

for casey66: How many miles are you putting on that bike annually? Have you ever used those tires long term on another bike? I'd be interested to hear about how much mileage you get out of them and a long term report on the handling characteristics.
Sorry Misterprofessionality, I won't be a good source for this information. I probably won't put more that 500-700 miles a year on these tires. This bike is more of a garage queen for me.
 
Sparky80_imp said:
I, on the other hand, am a big Bridgestone fan. I've ran the BT016, S20, S21, S22, T30, T31, T32, RS10, and I'm sure other ones I'm missing.
It's a great sport touring tire and have 8k miles on my FJR and could probably squeeze another thousand out of them. I might have 500 miles on the T32's on the CB. I wouldn't be surprised if I got over 10k miles on those tires on the CB, as its a tame bike with not a whole of power to really eat up tires.
Did you ever try the Michelin PR3 tires on your CB that everybody here was using for a long while? If so, How do you feel about the T32's by comparison in terms of stickiness, handling, wet performance ect.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Sparky80_imp said:
I, on the other hand, am a big Bridgestone fan. I've ran the BT016, S20, S21, S22, T30, T31, T32, RS10, and I'm sure other ones I'm missing.
It's a great sport touring tire and have 8k miles on my FJR and could probably squeeze another thousand out of them. I might have 500 miles on the T32's on the CB. I wouldn't be surprised if I got over 10k miles on those tires on the CB, as its a tame bike with not a whole of power to really eat up tires.
Did you ever try the Michelin PR3 tires on your CB that everybody here was using for a long while? If so, How do you feel about the T32's by comparison in terms of stickiness, handling, wet performance ect.
No, haven't ran the PR3 on any bike that I've owned.
However, being that the CB is NOT a sportbike, just about any radial tire is more than adequate for any riding style. Sure, tire temperature and road conditions play a part, but folks seem to think they can outperform a tire... on the street.
Wet performance is great on the tire.... experienced many wet miles on the T32's on my FJR. I don't ride the CB much.... but the tires are nice and round... no flat spots so its nice.
 
Sparky80_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Sparky80_imp said:
I, on the other hand, am a big Bridgestone fan. I've ran the BT016, S20, S21, S22, T30, T31, T32, RS10, and I'm sure other ones I'm missing.
It's a great sport touring tire and have 8k miles on my FJR and could probably squeeze another thousand out of them. I might have 500 miles on the T32's on the CB. I wouldn't be surprised if I got over 10k miles on those tires on the CB, as its a tame bike with not a whole of power to really eat up tires.
Did you ever try the Michelin PR3 tires on your CB that everybody here was using for a long while? If so, How do you feel about the T32's by comparison in terms of stickiness, handling, wet performance ect.
No, haven't ran the PR3 on any bike that I've owned.
However, being that the CB is NOT a sportbike, just about any radial tire is more than adequate for any riding style. Sure, tire temperature and road conditions play a part, but folks seem to think they can outperform a tire... on the street.
Wet performance is great on the tire.... experienced many wet miles on the T32's on my FJR. I don't ride the CB much.... but the tires are nice and round... no flat spots so its nice.
I wouldn't quite say that. Adequate is one thing but certain tires are much more confdence inspiring side to side than others. for example, the stock bridgestones that come with our bike felt hard and unstable to me. dropping into a turn felt shakey. I wanted to hold back significantly because I never quite felt like i knew exactly what they were going to do. With some other other tires i've tried on our bike, however, the feeling at higher lean angles is far more stable. That's as much to do with tire profile and contact patch as it is compound. I'm just trying to figure out if the T32's are as confidence inspiring as some of the better tires that go on our bike.
 
I put T32's (stock sizes) on a few months back and to me they are nice tires with no faults and easy lean in. I have about 700 miles on them now.
 
Kdogg2077_imp said:
My bike still has the aged stock tires on it. Looking at some Bridgestone BT54s soon.
I just accidentally ordered a BT45 instead of a BT54 by mistake. Won't be using a bias ply tire on this bike. The BT54s already are rock hard even when they have heat in them. This bike deserves some sport rubber for the backroads but I also want to maintain the retro tire style.
 
So it's not just me then ? I've just replaced the front Metzler Roadtec which was on when I got it with a T32 and it's transformed the bike. The Metzlers were AWFUL. couldn't get any heat into them and never felt comfortable due to total lack of feedback.
First thing that struck me was the road noise. I find it depends on the road surface. Rough tarmac it sounds like knackered wheel bearings but get on some nice smooth stuff and you can hardly hear it.
Only had a week of commuter riding so far but it just feels so much better. Even the 20km commute in the middle of winter is warming it up and it corners way better.
I've also gone for a softer front brake pad and I can now feel what the brake is doing, next step is a fluid change and braided lines.
 
Just mounted BT54's on my 2013 model

a stock 140 rear is plenty of rear tire on these bikes and paired with the matching 4 inch rim you can use the tire all the way to the edge as designed
 
Back
Top