My OEM+ modifications

MrMcTavish

First service completed
Thread starter
When I bought this bike I loved how balanced it was. It never did anything super well but everything it did was really good. The clutch feel was perfect, the power band was smooth, the looks were most of the way there. So when modifying it, I really just wanted an OEM+ approach. Stuff that look like it came from the factory. Subtle yet for anyone who owns one to look at it and go “oh you did this, or that…” With that in mind, most of what I did was for aesthetic reasons. I don’t ride my bikes very aggressively anymore. 95% of my riding is to and from work from march-November (or as long as I can get away with before snow). I’ll just kinda list the mods and if there’s a lot of interest in any of them I may do a separate write up going into as much detail as I remember. 
-17” wheel swap
  -front MT09 wheel
  -Rear MT07 wheel
-OEM cb1100 RS aluminum swingarm
-renthal fat bar mounts with ‘19 cb650 bars
-blinkers upgraded to newer cb650/cb300r/cb1000r leds
-Relocated blinkers to headlight ears
-Arrow muffler 
-Upper fork tube covers 
-Bikemaster brand heated grips with relay for ignition shut off
[attachment=1799]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8813.webp
    IMG_8813.webp
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_5612.webp
    IMG_5612.webp
    809.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5607.webp
    IMG_5607.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5497.webp
    IMG_5497.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5498.webp
    IMG_5498.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5459.webp
    IMG_5459.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5458.webp
    IMG_5458.webp
    873.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5457.webp
    IMG_5457.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5410.webp
    IMG_5410.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5409.webp
    IMG_5409.webp
    1 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5408.webp
    IMG_5408.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4186.webp
    IMG_4186.webp
    248 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4185.webp
    IMG_4185.webp
    292.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2202.webp
    IMG_2202.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_2201.webp
    IMG_2201.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
Looks awesome! Happy see another CB in Wisconsin!
If you are ever around western Wisconsin, feel free to shoot me a DM! I would love to see another CB in the flesh
 
Very slick and subtle.
But no fair, I wish I could weld.

How's the ride compared to the original wheel sizes?
 
Thread starter


MagnaRider said:
Looks awesome! Happy see another CB in Wisconsin!
If you are ever around western Wisconsin, feel free to shoot me a DM! I would love to see another CB in the flesh
My dad and I just got back from riding out to sturgis from August 15-21. Gotta say, long hauls like that and I was wishing for some highway pegs to help stretch my legs. I’m not a kid anymore that’s for sure. 
Gone in 60 said:
Very slick and subtle.
But no fair, I wish I could weld.

How's the ride compared to the original wheel sizes?
I can’t say that I can tell the difference. I always do the modifications over winter and start riding it in spring so the last time I rode the bike was several months ago. Not a great apples to apples comparison.
 
Back
Top