Moto Style Gear for the Non-Rider

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ok, this isn't a review of an actual piece of riding gear, but I've always been amused by regular fashion styles that are meant to mimic motorcycle gear, or the motorcycle culture. I can definitely see the allure, as we, as riders, are supposed to be so much cooler than the general population.

So, I had to laugh when I unwrapped the pants shown here on my birthday this past Sunday. I usually wear very loose, and admittedly shlubby looking sweats around the house, and don't bother changing into anything nicer if I have to jump in the car to run a quick errand. My wife decided that I needed much more stylish lounging pants.

They are much more tightly fitted to the legs, feature some sewn-on panels that look like reinforcements, and have a rather sleek zipper pouch on one side.

My wife explained that these are called "Moto-Joggers", and are apparently quite fashionable for household loungewear. And, to her, much less embarrasing to wear outside the home than my baggy sweats. I will appease her by wearing them.

She also got me the cool Lebowski shirt, which, coincidentally, goes along with my recent avatar.
 
Thread starter
Especially when those jackets are made of "pleather".
 
Back
Top