Mo better now

Thread starter
Only the 2014 EX has wire spokes. The 2014 DLX has silver mags.

I use soft towels to hand dry then a nice 10-20 mile country ride to blow off the rest and dry the brakes and tires. Today it was 61 miles lol.
 
Insolentsquid_imp said:
You mean they don't stay shiny naturally??

..and the 2014 model has wire spokes....??

O M F G, cancel my order!
I'm afraid the one you've got on order has. The US model doesn't and many owners want them. Ironic, isn't it?
 
AzBob_imp said:
ss2wheels_imp said:
Great job ferrit,now get out the leaf blower and the soft towels.:biker:
I prefer to use the air compressor.
I prefer to use the air compressor.
I've been using my hand-held Orek vacuum in reverse mode. I have a clean bag to get the max airflow, and use the crevice tool to concentrate the output. The air even warms up as the vacuum runs for a while.

One of the magazines warned against high-pressure air from a compressor. Said it could damage seals etc. I'm sure it's a matter of how it's used.
 
Any tips on what to use for the caked on bugs and junk that get stuck to the bottom of the engine and pipes? Hot soapy water is no match for these buggers. *see what I did there.....*
 
gary_imp said:
Any tips on what to use for the caked on bugs and junk that get stuck to the bottom of the engine and pipes? Hot soapy water is no match for these buggers. *see what I did there.....*
I've had good experiences using S100 on bugs and general grime.
For baked on oil/grease/tar though a degreaser may be needed.
If that doesn't work then it's time for the mild abrasive (like simichrome) + elbow grease, but not for painted surfaces of course.
For stubborn oil/grease/tar on painted surfaces, as a last resort, I'll use a tar remover but I don't like to do that very often because of the paint damage.
 
Thread starter
Papa... I used my bare hand on the pipes and front of the motor where it was the dirtiest, other than that nope. Spray, rinse, dry.
 
Thread starter
INTP_imp said:
How does the stock seat on the Deluxe compare to the 2013?
Well it sits taller, and looks more retro imo, but I think its a bit harder and I can't ride as far on it as I could on my 13 without getting a bit of sore bum. I can still go 2 to 3 hours before it starts to hurt and a 5 minute rest for gas lets me go another couple hours, but honestly I think the 13 seat was easier for me to ride longer.


offroadfx4_imp said:
don't want to change the subject, but is that the factory tire on the rear? It looks BIG!
Yes stock tire. Optical illusion I guess due to angle. I have no issues at all with the look of the stock tire. I don't need a wider one as some do.
 
gary_imp said:
Any tips on what to use for the caked on bugs and junk that get stuck to the bottom of the engine and pipes? Hot soapy water is no match for these buggers. *see what I did there.....*
Yeh. VB is excellent. After three or four you don't give a tinker's curse about the bugs and junk.

:beerchug: Cheers
 
INTP_imp said:
How does the stock seat on the Deluxe compare to the 2013?
Kevin - I have the 2014 DLX seat on my 2013 if you ever want to meet up again and compare. Ride height is about the same. Thought the DLX seat was a bit uncomfortable at first but found it just need to break in for a few rides. Seat is perfect now. Ordered mine through Honda Parts Direct several months ago. Price is much more reasonable than Mr. T with shipping.

John
 
Back
Top