Mirror options for CB1100

c-breezy_imp said:
Ah ok! I'm eager to see how they'll look with the RC fairing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, lo and behold, they showed up in the mail last night!
Quality is factory-excellent, just like usual, and a ridiculously low price for an actual Honda item ($26 each out of Babbitt's/hondapartshouse.com).
One amusing detail: the Honda boxes say "Made in Italy", but there was a "Made in Taiwan" sticker on both mirrors... :rolleyes:
Here are the P/Ns, in case anyone is interested:


And here are the CB500 mirror (left) vs. CB1000r mirror (right). Similar total viewing area, just different shape. The stalks appear to be identical:
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-5-19%20141_zpsvh6d2oah.jpg.html]

And here are the requisite every-danged-angle-possible shots :D :
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-5-19%20145_zpsaepakpdm.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-5-19%20146_zps7g8y8tbv.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-5-19%20147_zpswn2ikacb.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-5-19%20148_zpsgehiwehh.jpg.html]
[url=http://s157.photobucket.com/user/mustangfeverrr/media/2016-5-19%20150_zpsrk3qnza8.jpg.html]

I like 'em. The shape seems to better match the angles of the bike's tank, fairing, etc., than the CB500 mirrors, and the black finish is still a better match to my bike's style than the original chrome lollipops. It's certainly not a night-and-day change to the bike, but a decent new - dare I say it - "farkle". :D
 
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
gbpack89_imp said:
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Aluminum bar end mirrors purchased through Amazon. $40 shipped. Fitted on Renthal Ultra Low bars. Will not work with factory bar weights.

9867bc1b7a9c6b20544f446e0f49bba9.jpg


03ad9540a6a47a0766dd086883cf2116.jpg




Sent from an undisclosed location
Whiskey, I have the same bars. How do those bar end mirrors mount?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Typical bar end style. Expanding collars around a central bolt. You tighten the bolt, the collars expand inside the bars.


Sent from an undisclosed location
Typical bar end style. Expanding collars around a central bolt. You tighten the bolt, the collars expand inside the bars.


Sent from an undisclosed location

Can you link to them? I can't find them..
 
The mirrors shown on Papa Weeley's bike are like the ones that come stock OEM on the NC700X. You can get these mirrors from Honda, or alternatively from NC700 Shop,
here: http://www.nc700shop.com/en/mirrors/110-honda-right-mirror.html and here: http://www.nc700shop.com/en/mirrors/109-honda-left-mirror.html

BTW, you can find handsome, well made mirror extenders, to widen the location of the mirrors, here: http://www.nc700shop.com/en/mirrors/152-rear-mirror-extender.html

When I had my NC700X I found the stock OEM mirrors quite easy to use, rock solid, and great viewing to the rear, especially once I installed the extenders. When I traded in my NC700X for my CB1100 DLX, I switched over the mirror extenders to the new bike, and they work very well!

fritz
 
pwh421_imp said:
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
gbpack89_imp said:
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Aluminum bar end mirrors purchased through Amazon. $40 shipped. Fitted on Renthal Ultra Low bars. Will not work with factory bar weights.

9867bc1b7a9c6b20544f446e0f49bba9.jpg


03ad9540a6a47a0766dd086883cf2116.jpg




Sent from an undisclosed location
Whiskey, I have the same bars. How do those bar end mirrors mount?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Typical bar end style. Expanding collars around a central bolt. You tighten the bolt, the collars expand inside the bars.


Sent from an undisclosed location
Typical bar end style. Expanding collars around a central bolt. You tighten the bolt, the collars expand inside the bars.


Sent from an undisclosed location

Can you link to them? I can't find them..
PAIR Of High Quality CNC Machined Aluminium Bar End Mirrors - Fits 99% Of Motorbikes
Amazon.com
 
Just put the CRG LS 2.2 bar end mirrors on my CB - I love them. They really changed up the look while still allowing me to see to the sides and behind me.

960c46f87b9ce0c442fb19b3c16bdd26.jpg

f295c0eca6a8509ac0e0c0e9ee1a9100.jpg

12d9e2bac337568b864ea90114f9ad78.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looks snappy, c-breezy. No vibe at speed?
 
Thanks Cormanus! I'm happy to report that they are rock solid. I actually ordered both the LS 2.2 and the original Lanesplitter 3" at the same time. I rode around Orange County running errands for a few hours with each set, and the 3" ones were the ones to experience some vibration, but even then it was minimal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Piug windscreen. You can get one for about 60.00 or less on amazon. There is a newer version which is more expensive.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
After looking at all options, I'm sticking with the stock chrome lollipops. I own a 2013 in red and the stock mirrors compliment the chrome fenders, silver engine and frame covers. They also stay in adjustment and give great rear view of traffic. Not to mention they are true to the design of a modern UJM. If I put a 1/4 fairing, rear sets, and clubman bars, I'd probably run no mirrors at all, take my chances with a ticket, and concentrate on what's in front of me. And be darn careful passing.
 
'Knocked over my 2013 ...' In the past 2 hours? Everything OK?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
'Knocked over my 2013 ...' In the past 2 hours? Everything OK?
I slipped backing out of the garage and just hit the mirror against the wall. The garage has a stupid polished concrete floor. I'm renting so I just need to be more careful. Otherwise I'd paint the floor with non skid paint.
Anyone interested in selling their stock mirrors, let me know. Trashed my right one!
Thanjs
 
Glad you didn't hurt yourself, Mike.
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Just put the CRG LS 2.2 bar end mirrors on my CB - I love them. They really changed up the look while still allowing me to see to the sides and behind me.

960c46f87b9ce0c442fb19b3c16bdd26.jpg

f295c0eca6a8509ac0e0c0e9ee1a9100.jpg

12d9e2bac337568b864ea90114f9ad78.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been interested in finding the best bar end mirrors with stock handlebars..... after all of your research, are these mirrors the best option?
 
Mikestib1_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
'Knocked over my 2013 ...' In the past 2 hours? Everything OK?
I slipped backing out of the garage and just hit the mirror against the wall. The garage has a stupid polished concrete floor. I'm renting so I just need to be more careful. Otherwise I'd paint the floor with non skid paint.
Anyone interested in selling their stock mirrors, let me know. Trashed my right one!
Thanjs
I slipped backing out of the garage and just hit the mirror against the wall. The garage has a stupid polished concrete floor. I'm renting so I just need to be more careful. Otherwise I'd paint the floor with non skid paint.
Anyone interested in selling their stock mirrors, let me know. Trashed my right one!
Thanjs Throw down a big piece of short pile carpet , solve the slipping problem.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
 
AKB_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
Just put the CRG LS 2.2 bar end mirrors on my CB - I love them. They really changed up the look while still allowing me to see to the sides and behind me.

960c46f87b9ce0c442fb19b3c16bdd26.jpg

f295c0eca6a8509ac0e0c0e9ee1a9100.jpg

12d9e2bac337568b864ea90114f9ad78.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been interested in finding the best bar end mirrors with stock handlebars..... after all of your research, are these mirrors the best option?
I think so - I love the extra detail in the newer design, and I believe it makes the mirror more durable too/resistant to getting loose if knocked up against. I did end up returning the LS 2.2's - after several rides with them, they're just too small, but if all you're looking to do is be street-legal, you can't beat how tiny they are (and you only technically need just the left one in Cali).

I'm switching to the LS 3.2's instead.
 
Back
Top