Mirror options for CB1100

WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Aluminum bar end mirrors purchased through Amazon. $40 shipped. Fitted on Renthal Ultra Low bars. Will not work with factory bar weights.

9867bc1b7a9c6b20544f446e0f49bba9.jpg


03ad9540a6a47a0766dd086883cf2116.jpg




Sent from an undisclosed location
Looks great Whiskey - how have they been holding up? Are they staying in place well or vibrating excessively? Also: got a link to the specific eBay listing/vendor?
Looks great Whiskey - how have they been holding up? Are they staying in place well or vibrating excessively? Also: got a link to the specific eBay listing/vendor?

No vibration issues. Mirrors remain useful all the way to the speed limiter. If the mirrors are moving enough to where I can't see what is behind me, then so is the rest of the bike. Allen bolts are easy to tighten down and have not needed to be adjusted since the initial install.

Amazon.com

Price went up by $10 because I made them cool. Haha
That's how my bar ends are right now, so that's fine by me! I'm really tempted to get these now. Thaks for the link, and yeah, stop making them so cool k
 
Put on a pair of BikeMaster Old School. I ordered them from Revzilla and their shipping was super fast. Packaging was Amazon quality and the install on my 2013 was very easy. You need the correct size metric allen wrench, and either an adjustable wrench or a modest set of metric wrenches, (Harbor Freight). Look good, excellent range of adjustments, and remain clear up to at least 50mph. I haven't tested them on the Interstate yet.
 
LoneWoof_imp said:
Put on a pair of BikeMaster Old School. I ordered them from Revzilla and their shipping was super fast. Packaging was Amazon quality and the install on my 2013 was very easy. You need the correct size metric allen wrench, and either an adjustable wrench or a modest set of metric wrenches, (Harbor Freight). Look good, excellent range of adjustments, and remain clear up to at least 50mph. I haven't tested them on the Interstate yet.
Which ones? The old school oval/tube mirrors?
 
New mirrors/helmet hangers came in. But now I kinda miss the lollipops...

LOL I'm never satisfied!
bdedd3c81d443eb5409afcb162b2cddf.jpg

93319f850193ea55c8b2e42cce483ea5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
They look fine, c-breezy, but so do the lollipops.
 
c-breezy_imp said:
LoneWoof_imp said:
Put on a pair of BikeMaster Old School. I ordered them from Revzilla and their shipping was super fast. Packaging was Amazon quality and the install on my 2013 was very easy. You need the correct size metric allen wrench, and either an adjustable wrench or a modest set of metric wrenches, (Harbor Freight). Look good, excellent range of adjustments, and remain clear up to at least 50mph. I haven't tested them on the Interstate yet.
Which ones? The old school oval/tube mirrors?
Yes, in flat black.
 
Thanks Cormanus. Guess I'll keep them to have three different mirror options!

LoneWoof, I looked back to see what they look like on the CB - :thumbsup:
 
If you can't tell, I'm still obsessing over mirrors. I was putting stuff away in the garage tonight when I got an idea for another way to mount by bar end mirrors:
049fd77ebc06c0cccc6e37c64ed87ceb.jpg


Since it's wide-angle, I actually see more than stock and more than the pair of after markets I recently put on. I can even see directly behind me, surprisingly enough!

However, this is just version one - I need to find/buy some shorter bolts in order to get it to the way I'm actually picturing it in my head. Just working with what I currently have available, on a Friday night....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
c-breezy_imp said:
New mirrors/helmet hangers came in. But now I kinda miss the lollipops...

LOL I'm never satisfied!
bdedd3c81d443eb5409afcb162b2cddf.jpg

93319f850193ea55c8b2e42cce483ea5.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are those the CB1000R mirrors? I just ordered some from hondapartshouse.com.
They look like the same shape - I thought they matched the angularity of the tank and RC fairing better than the CB500 mirrors I had on it.
 
Thanks to you, I now know that they're copies of the CB1000R mirrors! I got them from Hoosier Garage via Amazon. I liked their angularity too so I thought I'd give them a try. I bet they'd look even better on your bike with the RC fairing.
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Thanks to you, I now know that they're copies of the CB1000R mirrors! I got them from Hoosier Garage via Amazon. I liked their angularity too so I thought I'd give them a try. I bet they'd look even better on your bike with the RC fairing.
Ah! LOL. Glad to be of service! :D
 
I am looking to replace my mirrors and I like the look of several of the bar end mirrors I have seen here. I switched to the smaller Honda handlebars which brought the stock mirrors in about an inch on both sides.

It looks like in order to properly mount most of the bar end mirrors I have seen here, I would have to remove the weights that are inside the handlebars. Is that correct? Or am I missing something?

I like to think that they are actually doing some good and that I would notice if I had to remove them.

Thoughts?
I was looking at what c-breezy did and I'm wondering if I just had the bar end weights milled down to make room for the mirror clamp if I could achieve the same thing without needing the washers which would also prevent the overall bar width from increasing some.
 
chync_imp said:
I am looking to replace my mirrors and I like the look of several of the bar end mirrors I have seen here. I switched to the smaller Honda handlebars which brought the stock mirrors in about an inch on both sides.

It looks like in order to properly mount most of the bar end mirrors I have seen here, I would have to remove the weights that are inside the handlebars. Is that correct? Or am I missing something?

I like to think that they are actually doing some good and that I would notice if I had to remove them.

Thoughts?
I was looking at what c-breezy did and I'm wondering if I just had the bar end weights milled down to make room for the mirror clamp if I could achieve the same thing without needing the washers which would also prevent the overall bar width from increasing some.
I had the bar ends milled down on mine when I mounted my CRG mirrors. It worked perfectly and also gives the nice effect of essentially double damping the mirrors from vibration (assuming the mirror have the glass or pivot rubber mounted of course). I don't have pics, but there is a thread I posted on this a long time ago somewhere. A machine shop did it in a couple hours for me and it was $20 or so.
 
Back
Top