Mirror options for CB1100

Received and installed the Cb500 mirrors, posted by kennyw, today. Could not be happier. As he said, "lower and wider than stock". Sure gives better rear visibility! Looking great on my black stranded as well! Thanks for the post kennyw! Sure glad you took the risk and ordered them first.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Retsel' pid='122181' dateline='1454717734 said:
Received and installed the Cb500 mirrors, posted by kennyw, today. Could not be happier. As he said, "lower and wider than stock". Sure gives better rear visibility! Looking great on my black strandard as well! Thanks for the post kennyw! Sure glad you took the risk and ordered them first.



Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
627f68e432fb1c46af6e17b2f9566ab7.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. They are working pretty well so far.
 
Aluminum bar end mirrors purchased through Amazon. $40 shipped. Fitted on Renthal Ultra Low bars. Will not work with factory bar weights.

9867bc1b7a9c6b20544f446e0f49bba9.jpg


03ad9540a6a47a0766dd086883cf2116.jpg




Sent from an undisclosed location
 
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Aluminum bar end mirrors purchased through Amazon. $40 shipped. Fitted on Renthal Ultra Low bars. Will not work with factory bar weights.

9867bc1b7a9c6b20544f446e0f49bba9.jpg


03ad9540a6a47a0766dd086883cf2116.jpg




Sent from an undisclosed location
Any vibration in those bars. Do those mirrors move around much or vibrate a lot.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
All the way up through triple digits, no vibration issues. They are thick walled aluminum bars that don't require big bar weights like the thin walled steel OEM bars to dampen them. I have no problems seeing through the mirrors at any speed on normal roadway surfaces.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
I just figured out how to carry over the Speedmetal bar-end mirrors from my old bike to the CB without losing the stock end weights. Only had time to do the left mirror this morning:
e2fe7fa34c6d9daa817f90d3c3a28c33.jpg
ef8d5276f9db74776c5b2126f15b2f28.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I was thinking about going to those bars but hesitated because people were talking about vibration without the bar weights. I love the look of them.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Aluminum bar end mirrors purchased through Amazon. $40 shipped. Fitted on Renthal Ultra Low bars. Will not work with factory bar weights.

9867bc1b7a9c6b20544f446e0f49bba9.jpg


03ad9540a6a47a0766dd086883cf2116.jpg




Sent from an undisclosed location
Whiskey, I have the same bars. How do those bar end mirrors mount?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
gbpack89_imp said:
WhiskeyUSMC1979_imp said:
Aluminum bar end mirrors purchased through Amazon. $40 shipped. Fitted on Renthal Ultra Low bars. Will not work with factory bar weights.

9867bc1b7a9c6b20544f446e0f49bba9.jpg


03ad9540a6a47a0766dd086883cf2116.jpg




Sent from an undisclosed location
Whiskey, I have the same bars. How do those bar end mirrors mount?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Typical bar end style. Expanding collars around a central bolt. You tighten the bolt, the collars expand inside the bars.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
I installed a set of the Fugu mirrors from Samurider (http://www.samurider.com/?p=14930), and while they look great, the left one constantly vibrates out of position on bumpy roads or any speed over ~40 mph. The loose connection is the ball joint where the actual mirror connects to the arm. Anyone have any suggestions? Loc-tite?
 
12milesout_imp said:
I installed a set of the Fugu mirrors from Samurider (http://www.samurider.com/?p=14930), and while they look great, the left one constantly vibrates out of position on bumpy roads or any speed over ~40 mph. The loose connection is the ball joint where the actual mirror connects to the arm. Anyone have any suggestions? Loc-tite?
I have the same problem with my new mirrors being a tad too loose at that ball joint. I was considering trying some BLUE Loc-tite and letting it flow in and around the ball.
 
Bar Ends require removal of the Factory installed anti-vibration bar weights. Don't think I want to do that so I've ordered the BikeMaster Old School. Revzilla shipped the same day, now waiting their arrival.
 
LoneWoof_imp said:
Bar Ends require removal of the Factory installed anti-vibration bar weights. Don't think I want to do that so I've ordered the BikeMaster Old School. Revzilla shipped the same day, now waiting their arrival.
If you go with aftermarket bars it's not a big deal. Aluminium bars don't vibrate like the thin steal OEM. Just a fyi

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
LoneWoof_imp said:
Bar Ends require removal of the Factory installed anti-vibration bar weights. Don't think I want to do that so I've ordered the BikeMaster Old School. Revzilla shipped the same day, now waiting their arrival.

I was able to put bar and mirrors on mine without removing the inserts, and I was able to keep the bar end weights:
43800cb229edd950681ea24e7aebf121.jpg
 
c-breezy_imp said:
LoneWoof_imp said:
Bar Ends require removal of the Factory installed anti-vibration bar weights. Don't think I want to do that so I've ordered the BikeMaster Old School. Revzilla shipped the same day, now waiting their arrival.

I was able to put bar and mirrors on mine without removing the inserts, and I was able to keep the bar end weights:
43800cb229edd950681ea24e7aebf121.jpg
How were you able to do that? Thanks, lw
 
No bar end weights needed with renthal bars and the looks and riding position is so much nicer. Love my renthals. Funny thing is after two sets of aftermarket mirrors i resorted back to the stock knes because they just complement the retro look. I change my mind alot so can always switch back at any time.
 
LoneWoof_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
LoneWoof_imp said:
Bar Ends require removal of the Factory installed anti-vibration bar weights. Don't think I want to do that so I've ordered the BikeMaster Old School. Revzilla shipped the same day, now waiting their arrival.

I was able to put bar and mirrors on mine without removing the inserts, and I was able to keep the bar end weights:
43800cb229edd950681ea24e7aebf121.jpg
How were you able to do that? Thanks, lw
I'll get some pics for you tomorrow morning before my ride :D
 
Back
Top