Mileage Milestones Part 2

Django said:
@dave: Here is a test report about your VW in German television of that time:

Hi Django. Great video, thanks! They really put that car to the test going off road, and on a race track! Too bad I don't speak German!
 
Once again at one of my favorite targets for a half day trip: the Hegau (Area west of Lake Constance in Germany).
In the background you see the Hegau Vulcanos, in the very back the silhouette of the Alps. 

PXL_20250903_122425656.jpg


Today's milestone is: 5,128 km.

PXL_20250903_122318258.PORTRAIT.jpg


Round the corner is a bikers’ hangout:

PXL_20250903_124100306.jpg



Trip of today was 322 km.
 
The new Kawi, now called miniRed, has already exceeded 1000 km today.....

01bVUwo.jpg



.. and when I came back home, it showed 1300 km
Moaytky.jpg


Todays total = 322 km/200 miles on one full gas tank , and shows 40 kms to empty.
During today's trip, I seldom exeeded 115 km/h.
It is estimated that on a divided hwy, at higher speeds and revs with a full tank, this bike will not make more than 300 km.
 
Go Peter! :biker:
 
Outstanding. :)
 
Still have not learned how to post photos but I turned 68000 miles as I pulled in my garage on 8/22, the day before leaving for the Rally.  The 69000 mile mark was hit on 8/27 at the rally on a ride with Cheryl to Abington, VA. Finally, 70000 rolled on Labor Day morning on a rural road in northwest Indiana.  That gives me a total of 102,000 miles, give or take, on the seat of a 2013 CB1100.  You’d think I’d be a better rider, right?

Edit:  figured out my photo posting issues.  Fair warning for all this rediscovery might mean to members.  




Missed 69,000 exactly, but did capture this whimsical odo shot a bit later on in the ride.  


 
You're too modest, EmptySea. Congratulations on the miles.

Post photos as on the old forum: link from a hosting service or as an attachment. Using the forum's attachment feature limits the file size of the picture to 2MB.

See the threads in the "Important Threads" section here, https://cb1100forum.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14
 
Phenomenal accomplishment. Well done, EmptySea!
 
peterbaron said:
The new Kawi, now called miniRed, has already exceeded 1000 km today.....

01bVUwo.jpg



.. and when I came back home, it showed 1300 km
Moaytky.jpg


Todays total = 322 km/200 miles on one full gas tank , and shows 40 kms to empty.
During today's trip, I seldom exeeded 115 km/h.
It is estimated that on a divided hwy, at higher speeds and revs with a full tank, this bike will not make more than 300 km.

Great start, with many more miles to come. But your “Big Red CB1100” remains my favorite motorcycle. :) David
 
Django said:
Once again at one of my favorite targets for a half day trip: the Hegau (Area west of Lake Constance in Germany).
In the background you see the Hegau Vulcanos, in the very back the silhouette of the Alps. 

PXL_20250903_122425656.jpg


Today's milestone is: 5,128 km.

PXL_20250903_122318258.PORTRAIT.jpg


Round the corner is a bikers’ hangout:

PXL_20250903_124100306.jpg



Trip of today was 322 km.

What an incredible place to ride. Your motorcycle fits in perfectly! David
 
emptysea said:
Still have not learned how to post photos but I turned 68000 miles as I pulled in my garage on 8/22, the day before leaving for the Rally.  The 69000 mile mark was hit on 8/27 at the rally on a ride with Cheryl to Abington, VA. Finally, 70000 rolled on Labor Day morning on a rural road in northwest Indiana.  That gives me a total of 102,000 miles, give or take, on the seat of a 2013 CB1100.  You’d think I’d be a better rider, right?

Professor Max comes to your aid:

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12717.
 
Why, I hear you ask, is 162,091 an important milestone? Well, because, back in 2013 when I bought my CB1100 second hand it had 2091 kms on the odometer. 162,091 means I've ridden it for 160,000 kms.

 
Outstanding accomplishment.
 
Thread starter
Awesome.....Keep on rollin’ Cormanus
 
Good one. This thread is the place.
 
Back
Top