Ulvetanna_imp
Road warrior
Haven't checked in on this thread in a while - this is quite the opposite experience from mine. The stock Bridgies would tip in very easily because of the thinner width and taller aspect. The Michies make the handling a tic heavier, IMHO. Rider height, weight and underwear all may be contributing factors though. Some riders are just not all that sensitive to setup. If they say they can't tell the difference between a 160 and a 140, they probably can't.DAC_imp said:Haven't checked in on this thread in a while - this is quite the opposite experience from mine. The stock Bridgies would tip in very easily because of the thinner width and taller aspect. The Michies make the handling a tic heavier, IMHO. Rider height, weight and underwear all may be contributing factors though.Rboe_imp said:I'm getting used to the new handling of the PR3's now and they are not as alarming as the first ride. I do have to be careful to not drop into a corner too aggressively as the bike is too willing to go for it.
I think I may have to try them on the Griso next.
As we have seen from some of the images, some riders take their tires right to the threads before replacing them.
Some replace them when the handling begins to fall of noticeably. That usually happens when the tread depth gets to over halfway to the wear bars.
If someone is just concerned about squeezing the last mile out of a tire his or her priorities are just different.
I certainly don't recommend running a tire right to the wear bars, let alone the threads, but it is sort of an emblem of the risk-taker.
I can hardly complain about that since I caught some flak posting an image of the shredded sides of my tires from the racetrack, something most riders seem to think is nuts.
We are all nuts in our own way.:beerchug:

I hate square tires