Made a Move

cbfan_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So, woke up this morn feeling kinda funky........went out and bought a new 2014 FJR. Great bike with lots of cool stuff. Actually, I had a Super Tenere that was getting too tall for me in my old age so the logical replacement was this beauty. This will be a good partner for the CB1100.
 
Beautiful Cbfan. Is that the new ES model with the on the fly adjustable suspension?
 
Wow, I just read an article on that FJ in this months Cycle World, they liked it.
For some of those wide open roads in Texas it should do great, plenty of power and speed!
 
Thread starter
I am not that technical to want ES and besides they won't budge on the price with those bikes. The picture does not do the candy apple red justice. For my aging five eight body its a perfect fit, I'm flat footed on it..............I've never found an OEM seat that I like so next SS check will go in that direction.
 
Yes, the red is stunning. Beautiful bike. Congrats!
 
She's very nice - it's good to have more than 1 bike :thumbsup:

I'm waiting for the new VFR1200ST - hopefully 2015!

Now that will look good next to the CB1100 in the garage!
 
That's an awesome bike! I like the color too; I think it's officially called: "Arrest Me Red."

I'm with you on the E-Suspension. Aside from cranking up the pre-load on occasion, I've never been one to spend a lot of time tweaking preload and rebound and all that stuff. When I rode a MuliStrada with the Skyhook suspension I tried various settings. About all I could tell from it was it got a little stiffer or softer. I guess I'm a suspension Luddite!
 
Thread starter
The engine guards are Canyon Cage, going to put some highway pegs on them to give the legs a break on the long runs. Thinking about getting guards for the rear for more protection.
ES suspension is just too much for me, my butt wouldn't know too much the difference.............it's like the old days with the equalizer on the stereo system always messing with it thinking you can get a better sound for different tracks.........and then you have cable tv, you're always checking channels thinking you will find something better but actually the program you are watching is cool..............
 
One of the best things about the FJ is its longevity. Yamaha has had a lot of time to tweak the design and construction. There's a great rider community online as well; just about any issue or upgrade you might consider has been covered by somebody.

Unfortunately when I wake up "feeling kinda funky" the best I can hope for is a giant power-dump. Maybe someday I'll cuss a new FJ...
 
Thread starter
And Yamaha listens to their riders and monitor forums................on previous models riders complained that cruise control would only work up to 80 so for '14 they upped it to 100. The other complaint was access to battery, they came up with Service Bulletin to modify panel to make the job abit easier.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
One of the best things about the FJ is its longevity. Yamaha has had a lot of time to tweak the design and construction. There's a great rider community online as well; just about any issue or upgrade you might consider has been covered by somebody.

Unfortunately when I wake up "feeling kinda funky" the best I can hope for is a giant power-dump. Maybe someday I'll cuss a new FJ...
:rofl:

"Introducing the 2015 FJR1300 in our newest color---Spaceman Brown!"
 
I been thinking FJR myself for next spring, the red is washing away all my self control. It is now a toss between the FJR and the CTX1300. Their both red...
 
Back
Top