Luggage

Gypped_imp said:
This is set of bags I'm currently thinking about getting (in the non-slant form): http://www.riverroadgear.com/classic_box.html

They are obviously not as pretty as the H-B Strayker bags... but I can't possibly begin to afford those right now, especially with mounts that require signal relocation. :s
Those are nice lookiong bags. I like that they look like briefcases.

And apparently they are made of rich Corinthian leather! :P
 
Thread starter
Gypped_imp said:
This is set of bags I'm currently thinking about getting (in the non-slant form): http://www.riverroadgear.com/classic_box.html

They are obviously not as pretty as the H-B Strayker bags... but I can't possibly begin to afford those right now, especially with mounts that require signal relocation. :s
I'm not sure I can afford them either. But not an issue when you can't get them anyhow. Those bags look nice and to my eye will be complimentary to the lines of the bike. My problem is that I like to take off my jacket and stuff it in the bag whenever I stop some place to eat, run errands, hike around, etc. and I'm not sure those are big enough to hold my jacket. In fact, that's my one concern with the Strayker; although I think they would work
 
Lambotte_imp said:
Gypped_imp said:
This is set of bags I'm currently thinking about getting (in the non-slant form): http://www.riverroadgear.com/classic_box.html

They are obviously not as pretty as the H-B Strayker bags... but I can't possibly begin to afford those right now, especially with mounts that require signal relocation. :s
Will those bags require added supports?


Kevin
Will those bags require added supports?


Kevin
Pretty much any bags require something behind them to keep them from getting into things over a long period of time. I haven't ordered these yet, I'll be doing that on Friday, so I don't know if they'd be okay for a short hop without anything.
 
I found a pic of this top case on the interwebz a few months ago.

54067e4d774a66d14494916f7fcc45ed.jpg


Can anyone tell me the make and model of this top case?
I dont think it's a Givi.
 
Here is a picture of the Cortech bags I am using. The mounting is quick and simple and easily removable. You will have to remove them to ride tandem. $139.00. Make sure yours have four loop straps in the kit. Mine did not and it's been a pain, but now complete.

 
Ole_imp said:
I found a pic of this top case on the interwebz a few months ago.

54067e4d774a66d14494916f7fcc45ed.jpg


Can anyone tell me the make and model of this top case?
I dont think it's a Givi.
Gentlemen,

I don't care about the top case, can anyone tell me who sells that trick 2 into 2 black exhaust?? Thanks.

Chip
 
meowguy_imp said:
Here is a picture of the Cortech bags I am using. The mounting is quick and simple and easily removable. You will have to remove them to ride tandem. $139.00. Make sure yours have four loop straps in the kit. Mine did not and it's been a pain, but now complete.
Are those just throw across under the seat, do you have any brackets on the sides or do they sit there pretty welll.
 
I have those same bags. I hung mine OVER the seat as opposed to UNDER like meowguy. I also strapped the rear somewhat differently and maybe the front too--can't see his, but, whatever. In my case they do not need any brackets. Most of the time I do not have the bags on the bike.

As you can imagine, hanging them over the seat will set them up higher and further forward (and angled down some) due to the turn signals. I am not a big guy so it doesn't bother me.

Meowguy's way looks to give him a little more seat room.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have those same bags. I hung mine OVER the seat as opposed to UNDER like meowguy. I also strapped the rear somewhat differently and maybe the front too--can't see his, but, whatever. In my case they do not need any brackets. Most of the time I do not have the bags on the bike.

As you can imagine, hanging them over the seat will set them up higher and further forward (and angled down some) due to the turn signals. I am not a big guy so it doesn't bother me.

Meowguy's way looks to give him a little more seat room.
Thanks, I want something easy I can pop on only when I need them!
 
I looked into this today. That is correct, confirmed with Givi and Revzilla that you have to get a SR1118 adapter kit for the Monokey and well as the Givi E250 Universal Adapter Plate. The SR1118s are not going to make it to the US until "later in the summer". I was the first guy in Maryland to get the bike. I love it and I have the cargo rack. Honda seems to be taking its time. Wondering when a fairing may arrive on the market.

j- s
 
Here are some photos of the Ventura Bike-Pack System, my amigo, Scotty, stopped by Ventura this afternoon and picked my order, he says the installation took ten minutes and that it is a high quality product. I live in Peru but will be flying up soon for a road trip, I'll post a review after I get on the road.

e156760d5c9f580a55ec303f7fc4e790.jpg


eb77562544e8059ff1b4cee06950c7f1.jpg


5e061fd0e8c924983116f4dc99a7c6b7.jpg
 
Boy you add the plexi fairing 2 to that bike and you got one fine sport tourer
 
Back
Top