Luggage

Hi Jwayne, did the HB top case and rear rack come in? If so, how do they look?

I preordered the HB side rack and Junior 30 bags. If you magnify the photos on the motomachines site you can see that they needed to relocate the tail lights to install the side rack. Wondered about the Junior 40 bags but found a photo and they look wide. It looks like the helmet lock might still be usable.
 
Thread starter
renko_imp said:
Hi Jwayne, did the HB top case and rear rack come in? If so, how do they look?

I preordered the HB side rack and Junior 30 bags. If you magnify the photos on the motomachines site you can see that they needed to relocate the tail lights to install the side rack. Wondered about the Junior 40 bags but found a photo and they look wide. It looks like the helmet lock might still be usable.
I've about hit my limit on not having luggage. I was about ready to pull the trigger on the HB C-Bow plus Strayker on the UK site, but sent another note this afternoon to the US site to see if they have the mounts in stock yet. I like the look of the Juniors as well, just can't get past the side opening. Klutz that I am, side opening = pick up crap that just fell out and try to jam it all back in while shutting lid.... top opening = toss crap in and go. Just wish the Straykers weren't so spendy. Of course, I have the same problem with windshields...damn you Paul and Lambotte with your fancy comets! :@ (insert shaking fist icon here) :D
 
Oldgoat,

The mounts are shown as available now on the moto machines site.

edit: The HB mounts that is.
 
oldgoat01_imp said:
renko_imp said:
Hi Jwayne, did the HB top case and rear rack come in? If so, how do they look?

I preordered the HB side rack and Junior 30 bags. If you magnify the photos on the motomachines site you can see that they needed to relocate the tail lights to install the side rack. Wondered about the Junior 40 bags but found a photo and they look wide. It looks like the helmet lock might still be usable.
I've about hit my limit on not having luggage. I was about ready to pull the trigger on the HB C-Bow plus Strayker on the UK site, but sent another note this afternoon to the US site to see if they have the mounts in stock yet. I like the look of the Juniors as well, just can't get past the side opening. Klutz that I am, side opening = pick up crap that just fell out and try to jam it all back in while shutting lid.... top opening = toss crap in and go. Just wish the Straykers weren't so spendy. Of course, I have the same problem with windshields...damn you Paul and Lambotte with your fancy comets! :@ (insert shaking fist icon here) :D
I've about hit my limit on not having luggage. I was about ready to pull the trigger on the HB C-Bow plus Strayker on the UK site, but sent another note this afternoon to the US site to see if they have the mounts in stock yet. I like the look of the Juniors as well, just can't get past the side opening. Klutz that I am, side opening = pick up crap that just fell out and try to jam it all back in while shutting lid.... top opening = toss crap in and go. Just wish the Straykers weren't so spendy. Of course, I have the same problem with windshields...damn you Paul and Lambotte with your fancy comets! :@ (insert shaking fist icon here) :D
Hi Renko,
I placed the order and they emailed me back and told me it would be 5 weeks instead of the 3 they quoted me. I cancelled the order; so I am still without luggage. What was the delivery time on the HB30?
 
3 weeks ago (when I sent in the order) motomachines emailed and said the side rack would be in-stock in 3 to 5 weeks. I think they already have the cases available.
 
renko_imp said:
3 weeks ago (when I sent in the order) motomachines emailed and said the side rack would be in-stock in 3 to 5 weeks. I think they already have the cases available.
I think it is the racks they are having a problem with; at least it was on the Hepco Becker UK site. I also looked at the Aero ABS bags by SW-Motech the had the back but the rack was the problem. These bags will expand from 21-31lt I think. Check out the link with the bags mounted on the bike

http://shop.sw-motech.com/cgi-bin/c...owrub--brands.honda.cb1100&typid=99612776
 
Thread starter
vfrpaul98_imp said:
http://www.motomachines.com/Lock-it-Side-Carrier--Honda-CB-1100-from-2013_p_3312.html sorry guys this rear turn signal relocation is very poor, and united states vehicle code requires a minimum of 9" space between the rear turn signal lens's on motorcycles. maybe they should rethink this product to make a safer display to the rear.:s
Interesting point. Based on the pic, it definitely looks to be out-of-compliance. I wonder if that is the reason for the holdup in getting it here, when it is obviously available overseas. I am considering the c-bow mounting option, which appears to be far enough in front of the tail lights so as not to require any modification. However, I think I will confirm if any modifications to the turn signals are required.
 
oldyaler_imp said:
I emailed Givi last week asking about any accessories they might have for the CB1100. they replied that they will have a product in the future. They mentioned a part number, SR1118, but didn't say what it was or when it would be available. I ran across a website that sells Givi accessories and they had a listing for PN SR1118. Turns out it's a mounting plate to fit Givi's luggage but it's currently not available.
just received a GIVI E370 - and a backrest pad. had to get something for my wife to lean against. Installed in about 20 min. Provides good storage space and the wife is happy with the backrest.
 
Khig177_imp said:
oldyaler_imp said:
I emailed Givi last week asking about any accessories they might have for the CB1100. they replied that they will have a product in the future. They mentioned a part number, SR1118, but didn't say what it was or when it would be available. I ran across a website that sells Givi accessories and they had a listing for PN SR1118. Turns out it's a mounting plate to fit Givi's luggage but it's currently not available.
just received a GIVI E370 - and a backrest pad. had to get something for my wife to lean against. Installed in about 20 min. Provides good storage space and the wife is happy with the backrest.
My eyes are not what they used to be. Is that a Honda Chrome Rack under your Givi? How did you mount it? Did you have to buy the correct Givi plate?
Maybe a bigger pic so my old eyes can see it!

Thanks
 
Ole_imp said:
Khig177_imp said:
oldyaler_imp said:
I emailed Givi last week asking about any accessories they might have for the CB1100. they replied that they will have a product in the future. They mentioned a part number, SR1118, but didn't say what it was or when it would be available. I ran across a website that sells Givi accessories and they had a listing for PN SR1118. Turns out it's a mounting plate to fit Givi's luggage but it's currently not available.
just received a GIVI E370 - and a backrest pad. had to get something for my wife to lean against. Installed in about 20 min. Provides good storage space and the wife is happy with the backrest.
My eyes are not what they used to be. Is that a Honda Chrome Rack under your Givi? How did you mount it? Did you have to buy the correct Givi plate?
Maybe a bigger pic so my old eyes can see it!

Thanks
My eyes are not what they used to be. Is that a Honda Chrome Rack under your Givi? How did you mount it? Did you have to buy the correct Givi plate?
Maybe a bigger pic so my old eyes can see it!

Thanks
Honda chrome rack( purchased when I bought the bike) - the GIVI E370 came with a universal mounting plate that mounted quikly without any modification.

I will try to take more pics in the am
 
i have been asked for info about the small saddle bags that I mounted on my cb1100, I thought I would respond in the luggage thread section. they are made by Willie&Max. they are sissy bar bags. their BlackJack series. 8"longx10"tallx4 1/2" thick. just plain black synthetic leather with hidden plastic clasps under the straps. being a short 8" lenghth I was able to mount them without relocating my rear signals. I made my own mounts out of round stock steel that fit the shape of the back of the bag. the bags attach to the mounts using reusable wire tiewraps. I can leave the bag mounts on the bike at all times if I chose. I cut and heat bent a piece of plastic to use as a false bottom in the bags so they will hold their shape when loaded.


 
Khig177_imp said:
Ole_imp said:
Khig177_imp said:
oldyaler_imp said:
I emailed Givi last week asking about any accessories they might have for the CB1100. they replied that they will have a product in the future. They mentioned a part number, SR1118, but didn't say what it was or when it would be available. I ran across a website that sells Givi accessories and they had a listing for PN SR1118. Turns out it's a mounting plate to fit Givi's luggage but it's currently not available.
just received a GIVI E370 - and a backrest pad. had to get something for my wife to lean against. Installed in about 20 min. Provides good storage space and the wife is happy with the backrest.
My eyes are not what they used to be. Is that a Honda Chrome Rack under your Givi? How did you mount it? Did you have to buy the correct Givi plate?
Maybe a bigger pic so my old eyes can see it!

Thanks
My eyes are not what they used to be. Is that a Honda Chrome Rack under your Givi? How did you mount it? Did you have to buy the correct Givi plate?
Maybe a bigger pic so my old eyes can see it!

Thanks
Honda chrome rack( purchased when I bought the bike) - the GIVI E370 came with a universal mounting plate that mounted quikly without any modification.

I will try to take more pics in the am
My eyes are not what they used to be. Is that a Honda Chrome Rack under your Givi? How did you mount it? Did you have to buy the correct Givi plate?
Maybe a bigger pic so my old eyes can see it!

Thanks
Honda chrome rack( purchased when I bought the bike) - the GIVI E370 came with a universal mounting plate that mounted quikly without any modification.

I will try to take more pics in the am
Nice! That E370 luggage looks real nice on the bike.
 
That looks great Khig

my wife will not ride without a backrest so this looks like a good option to me (and her)
 
Thread starter
As you know, I am looking at the c-bow and Strayker option. Here is the response I received from Moto Machines Saturday regarding the c-bow and side mount fitment with the turn signals:
"Just found out that the C-bow mounts will not be available for your bike anytime soon. We will have the side carrier and rear rack in stock in about a months time. To mount the side carrier, you will have to relocate the turn signals. We do not know about the C-Bow carrier at this point as they are still in production."
 
We need a how-to on relocating the rear tun signals. They really hamper the placement of saddle bags, especially with a passenger on board.
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
We need a how-to on relocating the rear tun signals. They really hamper the placement of saddle bags, especially with a passenger on board.
I just got an e-mail from the UK supplier and they say they have the c-bow mounts and those also require you to move the "indicators". I asked if they could direct me to the installation documentation. I'm hoping that will provide a clue to the final spacing and should tell us how it's done. Hopefully, they'll have something I can share
 
First day with my Givi E52 mounted.

I got the E52 a few years ago with a Silver lid to match my Red and Silver CBR250R.
So now I can just swap the box between the bikes.

Looks big, but if I'm going to have a top box, it might as well be able to hold stuff. I'll take the function in exchange for the bulk. I appreciate that the Honda CB1100 rack doesn't stick up very high, it lowers the profile of the box as compared to my 250.
 
Back
Top